“Good value hotel.”

Ranked #13 of 16 Hotels in Newark
Skudeneshavn, Norway
“Good value hotel.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 September 2013

We stayed here during a two week trip to New York. We figured that we didn’t want to use half our budget on a hotel, and therefore we looked for nice hotels that wasn’t located on Manhattan – but with “easy access” to Manhattan. If you are looking for the same I can recommend this hotel.

Our room was big – we ordered a regular room but got one with one king bed and one queen size bed. The bathroom was nice as well. The room was clean.

One minus about this hotel would be that you can hear what the “neighbor” is doing/ saying. This did not bother us that much though, since we spent very little time in our room.

The hotel have a big car/ small bus and can drive you to the train station for a small fee. The trip to the train station is not long, just about 4- 5 minutes.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled as a couple
comfortsuitesnewark, General Manager at Comfort Suites Newark, responded to this review, 27 September 2013
Thank you for sharing your feedback with us. I am delighted to hear you enjoyed your recent stay. It's great to hear you enjoyed your stay at our hotel . We hope we are able to provide you with the same great accomodations the next time you are in the area.
Ash Sardar

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
Schenectady, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 September 2013

We decided upon this location due to proximity to Newark Airport, we arrived in the middle of the night and the staff was congenial. The accommodations were clean, quiet and bed very comfortable. There was more then an adequate supply of fresh food for breakfast the staff was friendly and professional. Will definitely stay again!!

• Stayed April 2013, travelled as a couple
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 September 2013

I checked in with a preconceived notion of Newark and the surrounding area expecting the worst. However I was surprised at the welcome I received at check in. The check in staff was very pleasant and friendly. My room was in the E level and was clean and comfortable. Breakfast was wholesome and adequate. NYC was very accessible and the check in counter staff very knowledgeable & helpful with tips about NYC and surrounding areas. In nut shell pleasant stay and would like to add the area the hotel is located is not bad at all it is in downtown Newark and centrally located.

• Stayed September 2013
Reston, Virginia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 September 2013

I initially decided to stay here due to the hotels convenient location. Overall I had a wonderful stay for the labor day weekend. The reception staff and other staff were very welcoming and were helpful every single time I approached them. The room, the linen and the bathrooms were clean and had a fresh smell. The breakfast was freshly made and offered me more choices than I really needed. I will certainly visit this hotel again if I need to come to NJ.

Room Tip: I stayed at the 1st floor level. The hotel was full and so I did not choose the room, although the r...
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
comfortsuitesnewark, General Manager at Comfort Suites Newark, responded to this review, 18 September 2013
Thank you for sharing your feedback with us. I am delighted to hear you enjoyed your recent stay. It's great to hear you enjoyed your stay at our hotel and most enjoyed the staff service,hot breakfast and our spacious comfortable rooms and the feeling of safety & security while at the hotel. We hope we are able to provide you with the same great accomodations the next time you are in the area.
Newark, New Jersey
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 September 2013

I spent a special night a this location which is nearby by to me, I encountered a little problem when arrive at the room in which the front desk agent was very professional in handling the situation, was apologetic about it. I also have to say that my conversation with the manager was pleasant and professional. The hotel in general is great, very comfortable, great breakfast, and breakfast attendant was very nice and helpful.

Room Tip: Lower level is the executive level
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
Thank you for sharing your feedback with us. I am delighted to hear you enjoyed your recent stay. It's great to hear you enjoyed your stay at our hotel and enjoyed the staff service at the hotel. We hope we are able to provide you with the same great accomodations the next time you are in the area.
Schenectady, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 September 2013

This hotel has a great room price, breakfast, and close proximity to the newark airport. There is a outlet mall near by for excellent shopping. The staff is very pleasant and professional.

I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone who is traveling with family, or single. A ride to NYC is approximately 40 min from newark penn station and costs Less than $3 total per person.

Reasonable price and close proximity to the airport.

Room Tip: Ask for a jacuzzi room. Worth the price!
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank D T
comfortsuitesnewark, General Manager at Comfort Suites Newark, responded to this review, 4 September 2013
Detroit, Michigan
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 September 2013

Stayed in this hotel September 2012. Straight five stars for friendliness, efficiency and comfort stay. The breakfast was great and particularly the orange juice was probably best I have had ever (I have travelled all over the world). Location of this hotel is great as the Amtrak train station and Newark international airport were all just minutes away by cab ride. NYC is also just minutes away.

Easy access, good sized rooms, and fabulous customer service and the room rates are just unbeatable. Rooms are as good as if not better than many of the 4 star hotels that I have stayed around the world. Extremely family friendly. Safe and clean hotel. Highly recommend this hotel with out any reservations.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank Tgmtgm
Thank you for sharing your feedback with us. I am delighted to hear you enjoyed your recent stay. It's great to hear you enjoyed your stay at our hotel and most enjoyed the staff service,hot breakfast & orange juice and our spacious comfortable rooms and the feeling of safety & security while at the hotel. We hope we are able to provide you with the same great accomodations the next time you are in the area.