“would stay again and again”

Ranked #13 of 16 Hotels in Newark
Boston, Massachusetts
“would stay again and again”
Reviewed 2 May 2014

Great stay with comfortable and clean room and good personnel working at this hotel. Caring and friendly staff and great choices for breakfast. Convenient to travel to and from new York city by subway.

Room Tip: Ask front desk staff for information about traveling to NYC
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
comfortsuitesnewark, General Manager at Comfort Suites Newark, responded to this review, 5 May 2014
Thank you for sharing your feedback with us. I am delighted to hear you enjoyed your recent stay. It's great to hear you were happy with our service, comfortable and clean room and friendly staff at our hotel. Also it is great to know you enjoyed our great choices for breakfast and found our location convenient to travel to and from new York city by subway We hope we are able to provide you with the same great accomodations the next time you are in the area.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (36)
New York City, New York
Reviewed 1 May 2014

Stayed here for 2 nights with my family and received world class service, the staff and management are very caring and friendly. The hot breakfast was excellent and the rooms were clean and comfortable. Will definitely stay here again in future.

• Stayed April 2014
Thank you for sharing your feedback with us. I am delighted to hear you enjoyed your recent stay. It's great to hear you were happy with our overall service, comfortable and clean room and courteous & friendly staff at our hotel. Also it is great to know you enjoyed our great choices at our hot breakfast buffet. We hope to see you again soon and would like to provide you with the same great accomodations the next time you are in the area.
south florida
Reviewed 21 April 2014 via mobile

STRIKE 1: Before making the reservation I called this hotel directly to ask about getting from the airport to the hotel since we were arriving after midnight. The lady I spoke to at the hotel said the didnt have a shuttle but just call them when I got off the plane and they would have a cab waiting for us & it would cost $10.
I made the reservation and upon arriving called the hotel as I was instructed.
The guy at the frontdesk told me he had no idea what I was talking about and I needed to get a cab on my own! unable to cancel without being charged 1night I paid 30 to get to the hotel.
The guy said he has no idea who told me that and thats not their policy, when I told him how would I know the name of the taxi company they use if someone didnt tell me all I got was a blank stare.
STRIKE 2:The next morning there were no plates for breakfast as we were told they were locked up & the person with the key was not there.
STRIKE 3:Upon checkout the frontdesk person didnt even care enough to ask us if we had an enjoyable stay.

IF THEY TREAT THEIR "CHOICE PRIVILEDGES"members this way how do you think they will treat YOU.

• Stayed April 2014
1 Thank canesfam1
comfortsuitesnewark, General Manager at Comfort Suites Newark, responded to this review, 22 April 2014

Comfort Suites Newark NJ
973 481 5200 ext 403

Travellers are raving about these Newark hotels

Crown Point, New York, United States
Reviewed 12 March 2014

It was a good place to stay, rooms were big!! Breakfast was NOT good,,, if you want a carb fix you will be happy but if you are looking for protein you will not find it, thin round disks are eggs,awful and sausage links were ok.. Staff was awesome!! We parked our car for 7 days and were brought to our cruise drop off, (1 way shuttle)all included in the park and stay package!!

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Marla T
comfortsuitesnewark, General Manager at Comfort Suites Newark, responded to this review, 14 March 2014
Thank you for taking time and sharing your feedback with us. Our Park and Cruise package is a great value for guests leaving for their cruises out of Port Bayonne NJ. I am delighted to hear you enjoyed your recent stay. It's great to hear you enjoyed the level of service provided by our staff. We hope we are able to provide you with the same great accomodations the next time you are in the area.
Newark, New Jersey
Reviewed 8 March 2014

good costumer service very clean rooms however if you stay over the weekend the hotel has a church service going on fridays until midnight very noisy cant sleep they scream alot and it all happends again saturday at 7 am until midnight again when you call front desk you get a busy signal probably because everyone else is complaining about the noise and it all starts over again on sunday morning will NOT be spending my money here AGAIN!!

• Stayed March 2014
comfortsuitesnewark, Manager at Comfort Suites Newark, responded to this review, 14 March 2014
Thank you for taking time and sharing your feedback with us.We apologize about the disturbance caused to you from the prayer group using the meeting room. They were a prayer group who were visiting Newark and our not at our facility every weekend . I am delighted to hear you enjoyed your recent stay. It's great to hear you enjoyed the level of service provided by our friendly staff. We hope we are able to provide you with the same great accomodations the next time you are in the area.
Rockaway NJ
Reviewed 4 January 2014

United Airlines Flight 15 at 9:30 AM on Tuesday 12/17/2013!
Do we drive from home in Rockaway NJ to Newark International during "Rush Hour" traffic with a possibility of snow?
No; we stay at the Comfort Suites in Newark NJ the night of 12/16/2013!
Up bright and early! They have a free "Continental Breakfast" ready off of the main lobby! The little Mrs. picks up some things for our trip to Hawaii aboard the plane. The flight will be 10 1/2 hours ( + the 4 hour delay that we sat on the plane, at the gate, while United installed the "New Entertainment Center"! )
It did snow that morning and we only had a 10 minute drive to Corporate Parking where we left our car for the next 11 days!
Everyone at the hotel acted in a very professional and courtious manner. A young lady at the check in desk even printed our Hawaiin Air Boarding Passes for us.
Stay here if you need to be up and ready for an early morning flight out of EWR!
Tell em' Wayne sent us!!!

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
comfortsuitesnewark, General Manager at Comfort Suites Newark, responded to this review, 9 January 2014
Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking time and sharing your feedback with us. I am delighted to hear you enjoyed your recent stay. It's great to hear you were able to take advantage of the complimentary breakfast and enjoyed the level of service provided by our staff. We hope we are able to provide you with the same great accomodations the next time you are in the area.
New Jersey
Reviewed 30 December 2013

When I told my family we were staying in Newark to make our holiday trip to NYC more affordable, they said, "Newark??!?" We had done it before, so we weren't worried. The hotel was perfect! Beautifully decorated for Christmas, the hotel is lovely even without the adornments. Pretty entrance, lovely chandelier hanging from high above. The front desk personnel were warm and friendly, very helpful whenever we had a question. As Choice Hotel reward members, we were greeted with a gift bag of bottled water and snacks. Our room was a suite with a king sized bed, a small divider, and then an additional double bed which was perfect for our son. (Not a divider for privacy, mind you, but good for reading while he slept.) There was a large bathroom, a desk, dresser, three nightstands, and a very small kitchen area with mini fridge, microwave, coffee maker. There were many restaurants in the area but we don't know Newark enough to know which parts are safe, and we were so tired from sightseeing that we preferred to order in. The front desk was very helpful in this area as well. Plenty of restaurants deliver and we ordered several times from delicious and very inexpensive places. Italian, Chinese, Mexican, Caribbean, American, and Mediterranean were the menus that we noticed. I almost forgot: plentiful, free, hot breakfast buffet every morning and free coffee and tea all day. Parking was free as well. The train station is about a mile away. We paid $10 for a cab. One note: there did seem to be basement level rooms. The elevator took us down there and it looked just as nice but I'm unsure if those rooms have windows. I could call to check that out and request not to be down there if that would bother you. I wouldn't want to be without a window and I'm not sure if I would like to be on the ground floor in Newark although I will say that we always felt very safe. In fact, I will definitely consider this hotel again the next time we head into The Big Apple to see a show. I couldn't have been more pleased!

Room Tip: We loved the second floor. Beautiful balcony overlooking the lobby. I can't speak of the basemen...
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled with family