1,251 results
All reviewsshuttle servicenew yorkpenn stationfree shuttlecruise porthot breakfastfree breakfastcape libertylarge roombar restaurantan overnight staystayed here for one nightan early morning flightinto nycairportbwtrain
Reviewed 26 December 2013

The property is well manitained, the staff is efficient, the shuttle operated on time and with a minimum of hassle. The breakfast was good and as others have noted the rooms are very large. I had a corner room which was a nice touch.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 25 December 2013

My stay in Best Western Newark, was good. We enjoyed our stay it was comfort, and good. Infect in all aspect it was worth value for money and I will recommend my friends, relatives and business associates to stay in your hotel group. Please keep on sending me special offers and packages for future on my given e-mail address. I do lots of travel around the world so It would be better for me to stay in the hotel where I have satisfaction and proper comfort.

Review collected in partnership with Best Western
Reviewed 24 December 2013

I stayed here for 4 nights. Rooms are spacious, and clean. Free breakfast ( hot breakfast) was good. Shuttle service to Newark Penn station super.. If you come late ( after 11pm), you just call them to pick you up....

Reviewed 23 December 2013

Overall appearance of hotel were above average. Hotel is extremely difficult to reach if not familiar with the area. Room was okay, but mattress was a little jiggly. Our room appeared to be asymmetrical and a little visually challenging, but I suspect it was a corner room and not all rooms were like this. It was near the elevator and the walls were not very sound-proof, so we heard the elevator from our room. Staff was very attentive and accommodating.

Review collected in partnership with Best Western
Reviewed 19 December 2013

My connecting flight from Newark to DC got cancelled by a winter storm, so I needed a hotel close to the airport until the next day when I could get out of Newark. I used my phone to compare nearby hotels. I look for 3 things when I compare hotels in the area I want to stay: Free airport shuttle, free breakfast, and free wifi. This hotel had all 3, was the right price, and was so close to the airport that airport parking was right out the window (see picture). So this hotel won my vote.

When I was waiting for my luggage I called the hotel and asked them to send the shuttle. They said "Go to P4 and call from there". I had no idea what P4 was, but figured it out. You have to take the airtrain and go to a little glass/steel indoor area where all the hotel shuttles pick up. I eventually got there, called, and the shuttle showed up within 15 minutes, which is pretty good as we were having a blizzard at the time.

The hotel itself is in a weird area. It took us a while to get there, yet we still seemed to be on Newark Airport property. Like seeing the airport parking being right next door. You can also see the airport control tower from the hotel. The only thing I saw you could walk to was another hotel. And that weird abandoned building next door.

Check-in was quick. I was given the wifi password, told about the bar and breakfast times, and shuttle policy. You can book in advance so I booked for the 5am shuttle, but later changed it to 4:30am, no problem. Room was recently remodeled and nice, although whoever installed the curved shower rod did it wrong. It was supposed to curve out, instead they installed it so it curved down. This means the two ends of the shower curtain kept falling towards the middle while I showered and water would flood the bathroom. I had to hold it to the front wall with one hand while i tried to wash/shampoo with the other hand. A point off for that construction fail.

Two women in a man were throwing some kind of wild party across the hall. I wasn't in the mood to get in a fight with them or have them come bang on my door for snitching on them, so I put in my ear plugs and went to sleep. I left too early for breakfast, but luckily you can help yourself to orange juice 24/7. They also have both snack and soda vending machines in the lobby.

Overall a fine hotel if you need it for just one night, but I wouldn't stay there as a "vacation destination" or something like that. It's so close to NYC I would just stay in NYC if I was going there.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled solo