Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott Newark Liberty International Airport
Ranked #11 of 16 Hotels in Newark
Reviewed 29 May 2014

THE GOOD
Convinient location
Clean room
Comfy bed

THE NOT SO GOOD
Tiny rooms
Very abbreviated breakfast
Seems over crowded
Tiny dining area plus the crowds made for a chaotic experience
No kitchenette, the coffee maker was relegated to tbe bathroom

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family

Reviewed 28 May 2014

I stay near Newark International Airport often. I prefer Marriott properties and am a price sensitive consumer. I will stay at the Renaissance or Marriott unless the price seems excessive. If the Fairfield is $20-25 less than their cousins then I'll stay at the Fairfield. It is clean. The rooms are spacious. They offer free internet and breakfast. If you end up in a suite the deal gets better. The gym is adequate if no else is using the equipment. Overall the value is excellent

• Stayed: May 2014
Reviewed 23 May 2014

Good luck finding this hotel. The GPS gets you to an address where there's a sign on the side of the road (if you happen to see it) telling you to turn left (with taxies zooming around and honking). It took me 30 minutes to get to the hotel after I first saw it. The guy at the desk said that I should have called. I think it would be nice if they advertised an address which works with GPS.

The internet is the worst I've ever seen. It's much slower than old dial-up was. The internet at the Spring Hill Suites next door seems to be pretty fast, unfortunately the front desk guy refused to call over there to get me a login. I would think that they would be more helpful with a Platinum Marriott Reward guest.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 22 May 2014

This Fairfield is a pleasant enough hotel, with a nice lobby and clean, enjoyable rooms. But the staff of this hotel goes above and beyond the norm to make sure that all of hotel guests are treated like royalty. We had to take our son to Newark Liberty for an early morning flight to China, so we drove from Pennsylvania the night before. Our GPS devices failed to recognize the exit closures on SB NJ Turnpike, so we had to loop around 3 times. We finally called the hotel, and the young lady at the front desk stayed on the line for ten minutes, giving us accurate directions to the hotel.

When we arrived, she booked us in, and set up our son to be on the Airport Shuttle the next morning and gave us directions to the hotel restaurant next door. Since I use a wheelchair, she advised us to drive, rather than walk.

The next morning, our son and his mother boarded the Airport Shuttle, and the driver was funny and nice and very helpful to everyone on board.

After she returned, my wife and I had a complimentary breakfast in the restaurant - and not just a skimpy Continental Breakfast, either, but eggs, turkey bacon, toast, bagels, fruit, cereal and juice.
The wait staff in the restaurant was very accommodating and pleasant.

Unfortunately, I put my laptop case on an empty chair and promptly forgot about it, as I was worried about my son's flight. We left the restaurant, checked out and drove back home. 3 hours later, when I got to my office, I couldn't find my laptop. My wife called the hotel and Stephanie at the front desk said she had it.

Stephanie called FedEx, safely boxed it, and shipped it to me, all the while telling me not to worry because she would ensure it got back to me. She was right; I had my laptop back before 11:00 o'clock the next day.

Every person we met that worked her - from the chambermaids to manager - made sure that we were safe, comfortable and happy. I think you'll enjoy your stay here

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank TERRENCE M
Reviewed 15 May 2014

Stayed at this hotel the night before flying back to the UK after 3 months in the states. The hotel room was very comfortable and pleasant, the pool although small was a nice time killer at the hotel and the front desk staff were very helpful and allowed us to have a late checkout for no additional cost which was great as we had an overnight flight back home and didn't need to be at the airport until 5pm. One major issue that let this hotel down was the fact there was no on site bar or restaurant and when we asked the front desk we were advised to go to the other Marriott hotel which was a 'short walk' away. Although the is no footpath (sidewalk) and you need to walk down road, all be it a quiet road. I would therefore avoid staying at this hotel again because of this, which is a shame because the hotel itself is very nice and i am not usually a fan of Marriott hotels. The breakfast on the morning was pleasant though! The hotel provides a bus service straight to the airport terminal which is great.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 13 May 2014

It’s a nice option to stay close to NYC, without paying the NYC price.
Staff are helpful, and room are clean. They also include continental breakfast, lots of food selection. Can’t complain for how much I pay for.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 12 May 2014

...the place is nice enough, but there simply is nothing close by. I asked at the desk where somebody could get a sandwich and a beer and she said the hotel next door has a bar. She made a note to mention that you have to walk outside the fence line to get in. A freeway on either side and watch out for the fence. A Yuengling was $7.22! I was apoplectic. I get $5 for breakfast per diem so this was eating into my meal money...

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
Travellers also viewed these Newark hotels
0 mi away
SpringHill Suites Newark Liberty International Airport
Holiday Inn Newark Airport
Wyndham Garden Newark Airport
Newark Liberty International Airport Marriott
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Newark Airport
Best Western Plus Newark Airport West

Been to Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott Newark Liberty International Airport? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott Newark Liberty International Airport

Address: 618 US Highway 1 & 9 South, Newark, NJ 07114-2303
Region: United States > New Jersey > Newark
Business Centre with Internet Access Fitness Centre with Gym / Workout Room Free Breakfast Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Restaurant Shuttle Bus service Suites Swimming Pool Wheelchair access Airport Transportation
#3 Business Hotel in Newark
Price Range: £79 - £139 (Based on Average Rates for a Standard Room)
Hotel Class:2.5 star — Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott Newark Liberty International Airport 2.5*
Just a 1.5 Mile drive from the Newark Liberty International Airport, Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott Newark Liberty International Airport offers an exceptional experience. Take advantage the great facilities at our hotel in Newark, New Jersey, which include our complimentary hot breakfast buffet. Coffee service is available 24 hours a day in our breakfast area. We also offer a 24 hour a day scheduled shuttle service to and from the airport. If you need transportation to Downtown Newark or NY City, the nearest subway station is at Liberty Airport, which offers easy access to Newark city center and Manhattan. ... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Odigeo, Booking.com, Expedia, Ebookers and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott Newark Liberty International Airport reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Fairfield Inn And Suites By Marriott Newark Liberty International Airport