“Free Parking & Smoke”

Ranked #5 of 16 Hotels in Newark
united states
“Free Parking & Smoke”
Reviewed 18 May 2014

Hey, you know, what do you do? It's close to the airport but a long drive with all the loops and turns and easy miss turns to get to the middle of the highway where the hotel is - not kidding. When you get there the parking is free but so is the illustrious gagging smoke in the room. Huge bummer. Got a new room from the front desk. Thanks. But, hey, there was a couch. Breakfast was so "meh" I skipped it entirely.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
Mikolt B, Director of Sales at SpringHill Suites Newark Liberty International Airport, responded to this review, 19 May 2014
Dear Tons0miles,
Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback on your recent visit to the SpringHill Suites, Newark Liberty. I am disappointed to hear of the issues that you encountered and can assure you that they are certainly not typical of the high standards we set for ourselves in these regards; no guestroom should have an odor of smoke. We take guestroom cleanliness and repair very seriously and work hard to ensure a problem free experience for each of our guests; with that being said, admittedly, we sometimes fall short. I apologize sincerely for any inconvenience created by the issues that you encountered.
SHSDOS

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (132)
Reviewed 16 May 2014 via mobile

We stayed for one night before our flight. When we came back in our car battery was dead and the manager, andrew was a massive help in getting our car going again. Fast service, large rooms with great amenities, very quiet and very clean. Great hotel but most of all Andrews kindness towards us was simply unbelievable. If I owned a hotel in Newark I would try everything I could to get that guy to work for me :-)
Absolutely wonderful experience.

Stayed May 2014
5 Thank Noelswe
Shreveport, Louisiana
Reviewed 10 May 2014

I stayed here for one night last week as I needed to be close to the airport for a late meeting and then a morning flight. I had a car service take me to the hotel and I gave the driver the instructions that were sent via email and coming from the turnpike we didn't have any issues finding the place. I was checked in by a friendly gentleman who gave me a room away from the elevator, but it was still a bit noisy since it was facing the highway end of the hotel. Even leaving the fans on, I didn't sleep well since I kept hearing loud trucks go by. I'd ask for a room on the other end of the hall if you are a light sleeper.

The room itself was you standard SHS room, it was clean with desk, sofa and bed and mini kitchenette. As a loyalty member I was given a mini bottle of water and popcorn as a welcome gift. With the fridge and microwave you can take advantage of this. The bathroom separates the sink and shower/toilet area and the shower heated up quickly and had good pressure. The bathroom amenities worked well. The bed wasn't great, it was a little lumpy and I felt like the comforter was a bit lighter than I liked, but it worked. One of the really nice features in the room was the plug-in for USB that is built into the clock so you can charge your phone or tablet without searching for a wall outlet.

I had breakfast in the morning which was average with eggs, sausage, fruit, yogurt, cereals, juice and tea and a few items like cheese and meat and pastries for a more European style breakfast. Since AirTran is down until Sept, the shuttle drops off right at the terminal which takes way less time than getting to the hotel from the airport as you have to go to P4 via the airport bus and then catch the shuttle to the hotel. The shuttle leaves the hotel on the hour and half hour so plan accordingly. Overall it was convenient for what I needed and a much better deal than the Marriott that is right within the airport.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
Mikolt B, Director of Sales at SpringHill Suites Newark Liberty International Airport, responded to this review, 12 May 2014
Dear Jennifer S,
Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback on your recent visit to the SpringHill Suites, Newark Liberty. Thank you for making note of the many reasons guests choose and then return to our hotel. We strive to provide excellent Customer Service and a wonderful product. Should your travels bring you to our area again, I do hope we will have the pleasure of being your choice of lodging. Thank you again for your feedback. I hope that you will allow us another opportunity in the future to demonstrate the high level of service that our guests have come to expect from the SpringHill Suites, Newark Liberty.
Mikolt Fodor
Toms River, New Jersey
Reviewed 10 May 2014

CLEAN, CLEAN, CLEAN! We've stayed at a few different hotels at EWR and never tried Springhill Suites because of some Tripadvisor reviews saying it was hard to get to. Well, I check out Google maps and found the best route (don't use Google maps' directions) and it was very easy. The best part of the stay was how clean the hotel was, even the corners in the halls were vacuumed. I was very impressed! The staff was great, we were leaving before breakfast and they invited us to have what ever was set out early. The coffee was great!

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank honeybunnyandhubcap
Chandigarh, India
Reviewed 2 May 2014

Good rooms and everything in the hotel was great.

Friendly staff, overall comfortable stay.

Recommended for anyone going out for a holiday and want to relax and enjoy his vacation with or without family.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank RDChh
Cincinnati
Reviewed 29 April 2014

Stayed at SHS 4/25-27. The hotel was packed with high school kids on a weekend field trip to NYC, I never heard one of them in the hallways, quiet rooms. Great service by the staff.

After reading the previous reviews I was concerned about finding the place, but my GPS took me right there. If you are using Google Maps here is a hint use the "Software Galaxy Systems" listing and it will take you right to the hotel. We drove into the city both days, 20 minutes to the Lincoln tunnel, Holland tunnel took a little longer on Friday during rush hour. There is a shuttle that takes you to the Airport and you can take the NJ Transit train to Penn station.

One note there are no food options at or close to this location, they do have an breakfast buffet daily.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
2 Thank beef714
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed 22 April 2014

Here is how it played out, It took me an hour to find the hotel, even the GPS got confused. I booked onboard tours through this hotel, In the morning I waited in the lobby for an hour and the tour driver guy did not pick us up and the response of the lady at the reception was that she is busy and did not advise me. Rooms were fine, breakfast was typical of any hotel.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Ravinder S
Mikolt B, Director of Sales at SpringHill Suites Newark Liberty International Airport, responded to this review, 23 April 2014
Dear Ravinder S,
Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback on your recent visit to the SpringHill Suites, Newark Liberty. I am disappointed to hear of the issues that you encountered and can assure you that they are certainly not typical of the high standards we set for ourselves. We take Customer Service very seriously and work hard to ensure a problem free experience for each of our guests; with that being said, admittedly, we sometimes fall short. I apologize sincerely for any inconvenience created by the issues that you encountered.