“perfect night stop for shopping and sightseeing”

SpringHill Suites Newark Liberty International Airport
Ranked #4 of 16 Hotels in Newark
Brussels, Belgium
“perfect night stop for shopping and sightseeing”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 June 2014

Hotel much cheaper than in New York City with free shuttle to Newark Airport and connecting shuttles to Shopping mall and Manhatthan. Tasty breakfast, nice swimming pool and fitness room. The rooms are big and comfortable. The service is ok. The only negative point is that there is nothing to do/see without a car in the area but a lot of food delivery services.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (129)
Daytona Beach Shores, Florida
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 June 2014

We found the best part of staying here is the Stay, Fly and park option. We left the car in their lot for 14 days included in the rate. Saved hundreds of $$$ vs. parking in a lot at the airport. We did have a few difficulties finding the correct exit as our GPS had problems locating the physical address. Someone at the front desk told us to use attractions icon, then points of interest, lodging. GPS brought us right there.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Union center
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 June 2014

The rooms were quite small, and the housekeeping often left wads of hair on our floor. I came back one day, after I had hid my wallet in my suitcase only to find that $400 was stolen. The rest of my group on the 4th floor had their bags rummaged through and one other had $100 stolen. I had reported it to the front desk and they told me I would never see the money again because they didn't believe me. My mother had watched me place my money in my wallet and in the bottom of my suitcase. We both left the room and the door was secured behind us.

• Stayed June 2014
3 Thank Bridgeylovessharpies
Mikolt B, Director of Sales at SpringHill Suites Newark Liberty International Airport, responded to this review, 24 June 2014
Dear Bridgeylovessharpies,
Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback on your recent visit to the Springhill Suites, Newark Liberty. I am disappointed to hear of the issues that you encountered and can assure you that they are certainly not typical of the high standards we set for ourselves in these regards; each guest room should be cleaned thoroughly and properly. We take guestroom cleanliness very seriously and work hard to ensure a problem free experience for each of our guests; with that being said, admittedly, we sometimes fall short. Please know that we take issues of theft very seriously and are in the process of conducting a thorough investigation based on the information provided. Please feel free to contact me directly to have up to date account of our findings.

I apologize sincerely for any inconvenience created by the issues that you encountered and we look forward to working with you to get them resolved.
SHSDOS
Tulsa, Oklahoma, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 June 2014

Stayed at this hotel for one night before moving to New York city. The best feature about the hotel was its front desk staff, very helpful and very efficient. Check-in and check-out took us less than two minutes. The breakfast is served on the first floor and is quite adequate.

I booked a room with kitchenette and the room itself was clean and equipped with all the essentials although I think the quality of the bed should be improved.

For a short stay in NJ I would recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: Didn't have any problem with noise on first floor except for the AC unit inside the room.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
pennsylvania
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 June 2014

We stayed at the SpringHill Suites for the second year in a row. The room was clean and the hotel is close to the airport. When we flew out in the morning we only had to wait 10 minutes for the next shuttle. On our return trip we were stuck at the airport pick up area in the rain waiting for the shuttle. Many other hotel shuttles went by time after time. Still no shuttle for the SpringHill Suites. After a 35 minute wait a SpringHill Suites shuttle finally arrived but there were so many people waiting for it, we could not all fit. Needless to say after a 5 hour flight, the last thing you want to do is stand in the rain and wind for 35 minutes waiting for a shuttle. Some people were waiting longer than us. More shuttles are needed! When we finally got to the hotel and tried to leave the parking lot, the machine said that we had a $75.00 balance and would not let us out of the gate. We had to have all of the cars behind us back up so we could turn around and go in to the lobby to resolve the issue. We were paid in full already so they gave us instructions to go back through and they would have to buzz us through. Overall our experience was not as good as the previous year. We will try another hotel next year.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank mkovatch
Mikolt B, Director of Sales at SpringHill Suites Newark Liberty International Airport, responded to this review, 19 June 2014
Dear Mkovatch,
Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback on your recent visit to the SpringHill Suites, Newark Liberty. I am disappointed to hear of the issues that you encountered and can assure you that they are certainly not typical of the high standards we set for ourselves in these regards; our newly installed Parking Equipment should be in full working order. We take property repair and maintenance very seriously and work hard to ensure a problem free experience for each of our guests; with that being said, admittedly, we sometimes fall short. I apologize sincerely for any inconvenience created by the issues that you encountered.
While I cannot speak to your specific situation regarding the shuttle, I will say that providing this service is sometimes difficult as it is subject to the difficulties of passenger volume, traffic, weather, etc. With that said, we work hard to adhere to the published schedule.
Thank you again for your feedback. I hope that you will allow us another opportunity in the future to demonstrate the high level of service that our guests have come to expect from the SpringHill Suites, Newark Liberty.
SHSDOS
Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 June 2014

My family stayed here back in April prior to a early AM flight the next morning. Hotel is conveniently located near the airport with shuttle service to Newark Airport. Nothing too fancy, we were only there to sleep that evening and get up early to the airport on time. Staff was very nice, shuttle drivers were great. I would stay again if I needed an EWR hotel option.

Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
Brighton, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 June 2014 via mobile

Ample parking and spacious rooms. This hotel has all the amenities you could need. Pool, hot tub, gym etc. the rooms are well appointed and spacious. Down side was that our room had the stench of cigarettes and close to the adjacent freeway. Must have been a joint in the road as every lorry that hit it gave out a loud 'thud thud thud'.
Glad we were shattered due to travelling a lot over the last month.

• Stayed June 2014
Mikolt B, Guest Relations Manager at SpringHill Suites Newark Liberty International Airport, responded to this review, 12 June 2014
Dear Kentwoolgar,
I can only apologize that your guestroom had an odor of cigarettes. This is completely unacceptable and I will be bringing this issue up with our Housekeeping team to ensure they identify and remove any odor before a guest enters the room. We take guestroom cleanliness and repair very seriously and work hard to ensure a problem free experience for each of our guests; with that being said, admittedly, we sometimes fall short.
I apologize again for any inconvenience created by the issue that you encountered.
We are certainly glad to know that your enjoyed other aspects of your recent stay, and we look forward to welcoming you back in the future!

Guest Relations Manager