SpringHill Suites Newark Liberty International Airport
Travelocity
US$146
Courtyard
  • Pool
All reviewsliving areasofa bedyogurtfree breakfastthe breakfast areagoogle mapsnice breakfastwould stay here againnew jerseyair trainshuttle servicean early flightrooms were very cleanevery half hourstayed here for one nightinto nycfree parking
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 7 July 2014

We stayed two different times. We had totally different experiences. I feel it's only fair to write two separate reviews. We prepaid for a room with two double beds and a sofa sleeper. We checked in at 11 pm June 23. When I checked in we were told that the only room that was left was a hearing impaired room and wheelchair accessible room. Please don't get me wrong I am very happy that they have rooms available for people who need them. It just wasn't for us. When I asked them why they gave our room away they said it was because we were checking in late.What got me is that we waited 1 hour for the shuttle to pick us up. I said that we PREPAID for our room and that is what I wanted. They said they couldn't give it to us. We had no choice, but to accept the room. I was upset because I had PREPAID for our room and that is what I wanted. The front desk told me that I am still getting my room because it had 2 double beds and a sofa sleeper. The bathroom is set up for a wheel chair. The floor is all tile and has a drain in the middle of it. When you take a shower it floods the entire bathroom. We had to try and clean it up using all of our towels. It was still wet.We had four people that needed to take a shower. The towels didn't go very far. The mirror in the bathroom is titled down and is a little hard to use. I really wanted a tub/shower combo and this was not it. The reason I was upset was because I had PREPAID for a different room and they gave it away. When we went to check out I complained to the front desk. They said I still got a room with 2 double beds and a sofa sleeper. This is true, but I PREPAID for a room with a shower/tub combo. He told me to put a block on the room when I make reservations so they can't give it away. This is policy in the hotel industry. WHAT? When I make a reservation and especially when I PREPAY for a room I expect to get that room. I will say that the front desk tried to make it right. They gave us a 25% discount on our room. I did appreciate this and felt that was good customer service. We did stay here again because we had a reservation that we PREPAID for. I asked them to make sure that they put a block on our room. They did do this and we got our room. Please read my other post. We had a much better experience.

Room Tip: Make sure you put a block on your reservation so you can get the room you reserved.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank HeidiS123
Mikolt B, Director of Sales at SpringHill Suites Newark Liberty International Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 8 July 2014

Dear HeidiS123,
Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback on your recent visit to the SpringHill Suites, Newark Liberty and thank you for your continued loyalty. I am disappointed to hear of the issues that you encountered and can assure you that they are certainly not typical of the high standards we set for ourselves in these regards. We take reservation accuracy very seriously and work hard to ensure a problem free experience for each of our guests; with that being said, admittedly, we sometimes fall short. I apologize sincerely for any inconvenience created by the issues that you encountered.

Thank you again for your feedback. I hope that you will allow us another opportunity in the future to demonstrate the high level of service that our guests have come to expect from the SpringHill Suites, Newark Liberty.
Regards,
SHSDOS

Reviewed 6 July 2014

We needed a place to crash for a really quick jaunt up to NYC. This met the need and I was able to get a good night's rest to boot.
I've read some complaints about the directions to the hotel or people having problems finding it. I have to say, those are the people that make me have to repent when I encounter them on the streets. You have to be a pretty sorry driver to not be able to navigate this place. Either that or have little to no common sense. There are signs everywhere!
The location was great for us as it was easily accessible from the NJT. The cost was great as well and the rooms for comfy and clean. I'm a stickler for cleanliness and refuse to stay in a nasty location. I was more than content to stay here.
There was no food option nearby but it wasn't a desolate wasteland if you have a vehicle. If not, well, I don't know what to tell you.
My one complaint was the small area in which the continental breakfast was served. There was a mob of people trying to eat in a very small space and the staff manning the buffet was obviously overwhelmed. No fresh fruit and you had to wait to have tables long since abandoned cleaned so you could sit down and eat. Hire more staff.
If you want a clean, comfortable, reasonable place to stay, I'd recommend the Springhill Suites.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 5 July 2014

Stayed for 3 nights in a suite with a fantastic view of the NYC skyline in the distance. Shuttle service was good. Breakfast was better than expected with a good range of food on offer and constantly replenished. Staff were friendly and helpful during the entire stay. And the chupa chups on reception was a lovely touch!

Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 3 July 2014 via mobile

Friendly helpful personable staff! Hard to get to but reasonably priced, clean, roomy & safe. No on site restaurant but several local places will deliver. Fridge, large screen TV & wet bar. I'd stay there again. Right across the street from the airport & minutes from downtown.

Stayed: June 2014
1  Thank mszwny
Reviewed 3 July 2014

Staff is great love the food and the Jacuzzi. All the rooms are really, The pool area is great. pillow are are soft, and its very close to the mall area, top floor get a change to see the airplanes very close

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business