“Poor relations”

Cuisines: Portuguese, Spanish
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Neighbourhood: North Ironbound
Reviewed 4 May 2012

Food average...we were a party of 39 and received the rodizio, 3 appetizers calamari, shrimp &
chorizo...then we were served large black pots filled with paella (a bit salty) for every 6
people....being completed filled much of the food was untouched....several people asked
for doggie bags and containers to take home.....they said "No" they donot do that. WHAT
DO THEY DO WITH THE LEFTOVERS?????

1  Thank cavlnj

Reviewed 14 April 2012

all sort of medit...food...spanish/portgues...world of flavor!

Reviewed 8 April 2012

We were excited when we were told that Newark had a great Iberian heritage. So, we decided on a recommendation from the Hilton at Penn Station to try the Iberia. To start, our waiter seemed disinterested most of the meal. It was difficult to get him to even write up the check at the end of the meal. Taking that drawback aside, the food was cold and bland. My younger son and I had the skewers (pork, sausage, beef combo) with rice and vegetables. My other son had shrimp and rice, my wife had the shrimp in green sauce. There was a lot. I give them that, but I felt I could have made it. And, that's the last thing I want when paying for a meal. Save your money and go into the city.

2  Thank jfrye32
Reviewed 6 April 2012

Aside from the huge portions, the food was just okay. My son and I both had shrimp dishes and, while plentiful, the shrimp was "popcorn-sized" shrimp and tasteless. Homemade Sangria was good. Folks were pleasant, but not very helpful or open to questions.

Reviewed 1 April 2012

Iberia Peninsula Restaurant is the sister restaurant to its original older sister, Iberia Tavern & Restaurant - both located steps away from one another on Ferry Street in Newark, NJ. Although Iberia Peninsula is newer and a little prettier (which is most beautiful in the warm weather months when they open the large wooden doors to allow fresh air in. It's like dining alfresco without sitting outside) they both boast terrific food and great ambiance. For a full dining experience, order the sangria. You won't be sorry.

2  Thank jlindernj