“Wow!”

Ranked #3 of 16 Hotels in Newark
Central Ohio
“Wow!”
Reviewed 19 June 2011

I arrived my room was ready early which was nice after flying in. The room was very clean and super comfortable.

I needed a fridge for medical reasons and one was brought up by maintenence very quickly. Bernard had such a pleasant disposition and was so friendly.

I forgot my phone charger so I called housekeeping. The housekeeping manager, Glorymar, brought me hers and after she heard that I came to memorialize my grandmother she had the sweetest note sent to my room.

Definately convienent to everything. I will stay here again.

• Stayed June 2011
2 Thank friendlyflyer84

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (160)
  • Hebrew first
  • Polish first
San Francisco
Reviewed 14 June 2011

I travel to Manhattan on business from California and the prices of Manhattan hotels has gotten ridiculous. But if you stay at the NEWARK Penn Station Hilton, you walk across the covered walkway to the train station and in 15 -20 minutes you arrive in at Penn Station NEW YORK for $5.00. it's simple. And the Hilton is right next to a bunch of fun places to eat, plus a great Starbucks. Nice alternative to noisy, pricey Manhattan hotels.

• Stayed May 2011
Japan
Reviewed 20 May 2011

Easy location from the Newark International Airport. Great Front Desk experience at check. We arrived early and was able to check in immediately. All staff were excellent...friendly. Due to our Hilton Honors Memebership we were treated very special by the Manager. Older hotel, but compelely re-done. Nice bathroom and a great bed. Club Lounge was nice for evening cocktails and morning breakfast. We stayed one night before our cruise which departed the Liberty Cruise Port. Would stay here again.

Room Tip: Concierge Club Level Room
  • Stayed April 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank mpwarz
Ramsgate, United Kingdom
Reviewed 13 May 2011

We traveled up on train from Washington, nice and easy to access hotel from station. I had two over eighty year olds and a 20 year old with me so not as easy as it seems. Staff were very good, just need some care in offering bell hops to help with lugage. Cant fault rooms for New York area, most of USA a lot bigger but it is New York and expensive like other major citys. Path train to world trade center and access to new york metro easy. Recomend the cheese cake from deli on penn station. go to Jersey gardens mall take empty suit case. $25 taxi we paid ,compaired with home good deal. I rang our driver when we wanted to be picked up, no problem. Bar / resturant very good, I was always meet with a hello even when they were serving.

Stayed April 2011
1 Thank AndyRamsgate
Fort Hood, Texas
Reviewed 12 May 2011

We had to stay in the Port of Newark area for a few days while awaiting shipment of my wife's BMW from Germany. While doing so, and because we were already Hilton Honors subscribers, we chose the Hilton Newark Penn Station. It turned out to be an excellent choice. The room in which we stayed was large, the bathroom exceedingly clean, the bed comfortable, and proximity to both personal and public transporation a tremendous plus. Unlike some oddball reviewer below, we found the breakfast to be bountiful and the staff quite accomodating. In the meanwhile, too, we had the opportunity to eat at nearby soul-food magnet Je's (see separate review), walk around the home of the NHL's New Jersey Devils (anathema to my younger son, who lives in Edmonton), drive over to Ellis Island, where my mother's family arrived in 1922 from Russia; get my wife's car serviced in nearby Bloomfield (see Internation Cafe, separate review), take the PATH into Manhattan for a Broadway play starring Frances McDormand, then visit my old med school school in Brooklyn; and finally, on a whim, we drove down to Princeton, not to see the campus, but to do laundry at a laundromat! (We'd been living out of suitcases for almost a month!) Terrific experience, wonderful welcome back to the USA, great hotel!

• Stayed March 2011, travelled on business
2 Thank BrooklynSheldon
Vineland NJ
Reviewed 8 May 2011

Spent two nights at this property for my sister in-law's wedding. Traveled with my wife and children (two teens and a toddler) so we had two adjoining double rooms.

Property was clean and well maintained. All staff encountered was friendly and helpful. Carpet and paint in room looked newer, wood textured doors seemed to be original 70's style. I had called ahead of time to see about a fridge, it was in the kids room when we checked in (toddler drinks special soy milk). Minor complaint was the noise from outside - the windows and insulation seemed fine, I think the noise is hard to avoid given the hotel's proximity to Penn Station . It was not overbearing, but it occasionally was enough to awake me (kids and wife slept like logs however).

Parking was at a public lot next door, but the hotel has a deal with the lot ($21/night). Thought even this deal was expensive, but I guess that's typical for a city.

There is an attached shopping promenade, as well as a connection to Penn Station across the street. My toddler was excited to visit Penn Station to see the "Choo-choos's", luckily he was oblivious to homeless and panhandlers...

Overall the stay was very good, I would stay in this hotel again (although I am not sure what reason I could foresee to again be in downtown Newark.....)

• Stayed May 2011, travelled with family
Cincinnati, Ohio
Reviewed 27 April 2011

This Hilton Hotel was an integral part in making our (husband, wife, daughter) Easter Break such a great time. Upon arriving at the front desk, we were greeted by Keith and Jung. These two gentlemen were so professional, friendly and helpful! Soon after we were settled in our room, we were back to the front desk with many questions about transportation to NYC, specific tourist locations, Broadway info, printing from our computer, on and on. Both gentlemen went above and beyond helping and explaining every question we had. They even suggested that we call them, while we were out, if we needed further assistance. Throughout our seven day stay we found every person, at the Hilton, a pleasure to interact with. No kidding!!!

Our room was completely clean, very nicely done and bed was very comfortable. The room was not large but not super tiny like NYC rooms often are.

One of the other HUGE pluses of this Hilton is that it is attached to the Newark Penn Station by a skywalk. This makes it sooo easy and fast to get to the New Jersey Transit or the PATH. We had NO desire to drive anywhere near NYC so being this close to a transit system was perfect!!! Every time we made that short walk to the transit we remarked about how happy were to be so close.

Ultimately, we had outstanding service, very clean, safe, comfortable room, convenient location and a place that we really liked to go home to each evening. If you don't want to pay huge NYC hotel prices and don't mind a little travel time to Manhattan, this Hilton would be an excellent choice.

Oh…BTW, there is a Starbucks right off the hotel lobby!!

• Stayed April 2011, travelled with family