1,777 results
All reviews penn station new york covered walkway gateway center path train into nyc concierge floor the world trade center street noise convenient location the executive lounge easy access parking garage minute ride front desk staff hotel restaurant airport shuttle
Reviewed 2 April 2014

Overall my wife and I had a nice stay at the Hilton. What made a pleasant trip turn into a regrettable ordeal was the fact that the Hilton insisted on charging us $13/night for internet access. I didn't pay it on principle. Instead, I checked out of the Hilton and into another hotel. It's a luxury Hotel, so I expected luxury prices ($400/night), but I didn't expect to be nickle-and-dimed over the internet. Simply ridiculous.

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank David B
Reviewed 30 March 2014

Stayed here Friday - Sunday before taking a flight out from EWR. The hotel appears dated and tired.

Reception staff were borderline unfriendly. I have Hilton Gold, so I stay in the chain a lot, but I had to specifically ask for the wifi code and breakfast details, both of which are free for their gold card holders.

The exec lounge is closed over the weekend, so I didn't get to see it.

Breakfast service was glacially slow. On Saturday there were three of us in the restaurant, on Sunday four groups, but on both days my food took over 15 minutes to arrive. On the first, my "continental" breakfast apparently meant "you will have oatmeal, coffee, juice and pastries, no substitutions"; on the second, it meant "you get $10 off whatever you order". The water glass on my table was clearly left over from the night before -dirty and wet. They had fresh milk on Saturday - just pre-pack long life sachets on Sunday. The waitress seemed unable to remember orders, and at one point just went around every table saying "is this your yogurt? When my food arrived, cornflakes had turned into Danish. The toast was cold, and served with butter only. I didn't dare ask for preserves. My fruit never appeared.

The restaurant is tiny - it's really just the bar - and so they can't do the normal Hilton breakfast buffet. But this is pitiful.

As a bar, in the evening, it's not bad - evening staff were friendly.

Internet wifi was dreadful, Speed measured at 150kbps, which is borderline useless. And I can't believe the hotel network was overloaded.

On the plus side there is a shuttle to the airport - but it goes hourly, which could catch some people out if you cut it a bit fine. The hotel is right next to Penn Station, which means it is easily accessible if you don't have a car.

But overall, as a business hotel, this falls short. Sorry.

Reviewed 29 March 2014

Front desk staff were not overly helpful or friendly.
Hotel had very dated carpets, fittings and furnishings.
Rooms were noisy with bad sound insulation between rooms.
Executive lounge was a joke compared to Most hiltons I have stayed in with Luke warm food and mess everywhere.
We checked into our room and after 5 minutes of arriving another guest was trying to enter our room, apparently he was allocated the same room in error !
Didn't like the area the hotel was located , it didn't feel very safe although it was very convenient for Penn Station which was next door.
Upgraded our review to 3 stars due to the fact a manageress on duty that night was very helpful and moved us from a noisy room to a much quieter room in fact this lady was superb and really tried to put things right,she was a credit to this hotel.
We only stayed one night the moved to Conrad New York which was a totally different class of hotel.

Room tip: Ask for a quiet room with adjacent room not occupied as bad sound insulation between rooms
Date of stay: September 2013
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 27 March 2014

Great hotel, accomodations were clean and fresh, staff was very friendly. Parking is a little confusing if you have never been there before. Call ahead for explanation of parking. Hats off to the bar staff, had a great dinner and great conversation

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts
Lori S, Front Office Manager at Hilton Newark Penn Station, responded to this reviewResponded 31 March 2014

Thank you for writing. We appreciate your feedback and we're pleased to know our clean accommodations and professional service met your satisfaction. We hope to extend our hospitality to you again in the future. Thank you again. Sincerely, Lori S

Reviewed 25 March 2014

This was a very quick stay between flights through Newark Liberty International. Arrived late and very tired, so it was wonderful to have everything already done and no waiting for check in! The room was perfect and all the lovely bits and pieces in the bathroom saved me having to unpack toiletries, which was a definite bonus with an early start next morning. Morning staff were all friendly and helpful, helping me to the airport shuttle with my bags and even a staff member who heard my name mentioned while riding the escalator took the trouble to say a personal "good morning Miss Sha" as he passed by :) Airport shuttle was clean and comfortable with room for everyone. The driver was excellent and very friendly, dropping me at the curbside check in right on time. Great stay, thanks!