“Anniversary Trip To NYC” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Hilton Newark Penn Station

Hilton Newark Penn Station
Ranked #3 of 16 Hotels in Newark
Houston, Texas
“Anniversary Trip To NYC”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 May 2014

Great home base for visiting NY. Adjacent to Penn Station, clean enclosed bridge for getting to and from the train station. On site restaurant is good, room service is prompt and room was great. Be aware bed is a little firm.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

2 Thank Billy L
Lori S, Front Office Manager at Hilton Newark Penn Station, responded to this review, 21 May 2014
We're happy to hear from you, and appreciate your kind review. Nothing brings us greater satisfaction than the recognition from guests like you of the excellent service delivered during your stay with us at Hilton Newark Penn Station. I look forward to sharing your compliments with our staff. We hope you will have an opportunity to return for another visit in the near future. Hope you had a great anniversary!

Lori S

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (157)
  • Hebrew first
  • Polish first
Boston, Massachusetts
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 May 2014

I was in Newark for a few nights recently and chose this hotel because of the location. I took the Acela from Boston to Newark and wanted something close to the train and car rental. I admit to having low expectations but I was pleasantly surprised by how friendly and service-oriented the staff was and how comfortable, quiet, and clean the hotel and my room were. Keep in mind that when you stay here you are in the most congested place during traffic hours that you could possibly me, in my opinion, in Northern New Jersey. I had rented a car from Enterprise located in the same building, and getting the car to the garage was annoying because there is no traffic control whatsoever. Aside from that, however, the hotel was everything I needed it to be for a quick stay. I'd certainly stay here again on my next trip to Newark.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business

Austin, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 May 2014

This is a very comfortable hotel, and you can stay here for half the cost of a comparable hotel in New York City. You are 15 minutes from Penn Station or the World Trade Center in New York and you can get there without even having to go outside.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Richmond, Virginia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 May 2014 via mobile

I usually stay at another hotel in the area but it was booked and this was the next best option. I should definitely add that the Hilton will now be my go-to whenever I'm in the area. The staff allowed us to check in 3.5 hours early as we drove overnight and arrived in town early. They were very accommodating and for that I thank them! The ladies at the front desk were hilarious, polite and professional. I'm super bad at names there was one in particular that I wanted to acknowledge for exceeding my expectations. The rooms were clean, comfy beds, I didn't hear any neighbors but they did have a set of ear plugs in the night stand drawer for those with sensitive hearing. This hotel rocks because of its closeness to penn station, we literally walked across the street and we were at the train station. My only suggestion is use room service at your discretion, I ordered a cheeseburger and friend and my friend ordered some pasta with shrimp. Her order was fine my burger was dry and not tasty at all and the fries weren't edible. Being so close to New York you'd be crazy to not hop the grin and be in food heaven. Thanks Hilton for a great stay! See you again very soon!

• Stayed April 2014
1 Thank brittanywoolfolk
Lori S, Front Office Manager at Hilton Newark Penn Station, responded to this review, 10 June 2014

East Windsor, Connecticut
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 April 2014

My Boyfriend and i stayed at the Junior Suite in this hotel. The check in experience was very smooth and we were pleased with the service. Our first impression of our room was great, everything was clean and put together. Our bathroom was a bit tight but that did not bother us a bit we were happy with what we got. We had a connecting door and our two very large windows were right across from two bright city buildings but we saw that there were black out curtains.

To our surprise these curtains did not close. This was already causing a rough nights sleep, not to mention how extremely thin the walls were. We were hearing sirens all night as if the windows were wide open. After tossing and turning all night 4:30 finally rolls around and our extremely loud neighbors were wide awake using their outside voices and their TV's were turned up all the way. i respect early risers, however it sounded as if they were standing right in our room, their voices were not muffled a bit! This hotel could use some sound proofing because we felt as if there was zero privacy in that room. would NOT recommend this hotel if you're trying to get some good rest.....unless you plan on using earplugs and a sleep mask!!!

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Sarah K
Huntington, New York
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 April 2014

This is an average hotel but the bonus is that it is part of the Gateway Center walkway which takes you from the hotel to about a block away from the Prudential Center. We stayed here for a Taylor Swift concert and were concerned about walking back to our hotel at night, even though there would likely be many people leaving the concert. This was great because we walked with the crowds right into the Gateway Center, then through the walkway back to our hotel.

When we left our hotel there was a great security presence in the walkway, although we didn't see any security in the walkway on our return. The walkway was obviously created to keep business people safe, with lots of places to eat and small shops between the major buildings.

This was the closest hotel we could find near the Prudential Center, the people at the desk were very nice and friendly, and we had a delicious breakfast at their restaurant, the Market Street Bar & Grill with a lovely waiter.

It was great to be able to stay overnight here at the Hilton Newark Penn Station after the concert, then drive home in the morning.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled with friends
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank fireflymd
Anchorage, Alaska
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 April 2014 via mobile

We stayed here on points. We had an early morning flight and a new puppy. The Hilton allows pets. We paid $75 for this addition. The hotel was a short drive to the airport, even for this NJ novice driver. We found parking to be difficult. There is a public parking/Hilton (the signs say this at least) garage next to the hotel but the hotel has no reserved spaces. Perhaps that area was full. Whatever you do,don't turn down the outside parking area! The only way out is to back up. (Like I said, novice NJ driver:)
The hotel lobby is pretty. However, our room was pretty average. Nice enough, but glad I had used points. The carpets were not clean. We spilled some water and dabbed it up...dirty. The beds were devine! The staff was pleasant and room service was prompt. The food was okay, nothing special but tasty enough. Very loud people on our floor and sirens could be heard from the street but the white noise generator took care of it. I'd stay here again for the convenience if I needed to be downtown or had a pet. However, I would look for a deal or use my points. I thought the regular rate of $199 was too pricey for the quality of the rooms.

Stayed April 2014, travelled with family