“Great Hotel with Friendly Staff”

Hilton Newark Penn Station
Ranked #2 of 16 Hotels in Newark
Reviewed 17 May 2014

This hotel was a great place to stay for just a night and would have stayed longer. All the staff were friendly and attentive the only thing that let it down was being in Newark away from any shops but still a great place.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
Lori S, Front Office Manager at Hilton Newark Penn Station, responded to this reviewResponded 21 May 2014

Lori S

Write a ReviewReviews (1,616)

Reviewed 15 May 2014

Stayed only because NYC hotels jacked up rates to 2x the usual rate this week. There is nothing nearby to walk to for food with the exception of a Spanish restaurant that is over-rated - family style tho' and you get quantity,not so much quality. So, have dinner in the city, catch the NJT to Newark and and just use the room to sleep only. There is no fridge, and you have to pay for internet access. You can do better at the next train stop west.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

We're happy to hear from you, and appreciate your kind review. I do apoligize that we did not meet your expecations. We hope you will have an opportunity to return for another visit in the near future.

Reviewed 7 May 2014

Great home base for visiting NY. Adjacent to Penn Station, clean enclosed bridge for getting to and from the train station. On site restaurant is good, room service is prompt and room was great. Be aware bed is a little firm.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Billy L

We're happy to hear from you, and appreciate your kind review. Nothing brings us greater satisfaction than the recognition from guests like you of the excellent service delivered during your stay with us at Hilton Newark Penn Station. I look forward to sharing your compliments with our staff. We hope you will have an opportunity to return for another visit in the near future. Hope you had a great anniversary!

Reviewed 6 May 2014

I was in Newark for a few nights recently and chose this hotel because of the location. I took the Acela from Boston to Newark and wanted something close to the train and car rental. I admit to having low expectations but I was pleasantly surprised by how friendly and service-oriented the staff was and how comfortable, quiet, and clean the hotel and my room were. Keep in mind that when you stay here you are in the most congested place during traffic hours that you could possibly me, in my opinion, in Northern New Jersey. I had rented a car from Enterprise located in the same building, and getting the car to the garage was annoying because there is no traffic control whatsoever. Aside from that, however, the hotel was everything I needed it to be for a quick stay. I'd certainly stay here again on my next trip to Newark.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business

Reviewed 2 May 2014

This is a very comfortable hotel, and you can stay here for half the cost of a comparable hotel in New York City. You are 15 minutes from Penn Station or the World Trade Center in New York and you can get there without even having to go outside.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled solo

Reviewed 1 May 2014 via mobile

I usually stay at another hotel in the area but it was booked and this was the next best option. I should definitely add that the Hilton will now be my go-to whenever I'm in the area. The staff allowed us to check in 3.5 hours early as we drove overnight and arrived in town early. They were very accommodating and for that I thank them! The ladies at the front desk were hilarious, polite and professional. I'm super bad at names there was one in particular that I wanted to acknowledge for exceeding my expectations. The rooms were clean, comfy beds, I didn't hear any neighbors but they did have a set of ear plugs in the night stand drawer for those with sensitive hearing. This hotel rocks because of its closeness to penn station, we literally walked across the street and we were at the train station. My only suggestion is use room service at your discretion, I ordered a cheeseburger and friend and my friend ordered some pasta with shrimp. Her order was fine my burger was dry and not tasty at all and the fries weren't edible. Being so close to New York you'd be crazy to not hop the grin and be in food heaven. Thanks Hilton for a great stay! See you again very soon!

• Stayed: April 2014
1  Thank brittanywoolfolk
Lori S, Front Office Manager at Hilton Newark Penn Station, responded to this reviewResponded 10 June 2014

Reviewed 28 April 2014

My Boyfriend and i stayed at the Junior Suite in this hotel. The check in experience was very smooth and we were pleased with the service. Our first impression of our room was great, everything was clean and put together. Our bathroom was a bit tight but that did not bother us a bit we were happy with what we got. We had a connecting door and our two very large windows were right across from two bright city buildings but we saw that there were black out curtains.

To our surprise these curtains did not close. This was already causing a rough nights sleep, not to mention how extremely thin the walls were. We were hearing sirens all night as if the windows were wide open. After tossing and turning all night 4:30 finally rolls around and our extremely loud neighbors were wide awake using their outside voices and their TV's were turned up all the way. i respect early risers, however it sounded as if they were standing right in our room, their voices were not muffled a bit! This hotel could use some sound proofing because we felt as if there was zero privacy in that room. would NOT recommend this hotel if you're trying to get some good rest.....unless you plan on using earplugs and a sleep mask!!!

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple