“Business Trip”

Hilton Newark Penn Station
Ranked #2 of 16 Hotels in Newark
Reviewed 11 June 2014

I stayed a week at the hotel. The stay went well except the day before I left the cleaning staff threw away my shampoo and other toiletry, which I left on the bathroom counter. When I checked out the staff confirmed my email address but I have not yet received the invoice, nearly a week later. This was the second time staying at this hotel.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts
2  Thank Christopher M
Lori S, Front Office Manager at Hilton Newark Penn Station, responded to this reviewResponded 15 June 2014

We're happy to hear from you, and appreciate your kind review. Nothing brings us greater satisfaction than the recognition from guests like you of the excellent service delivered during your stay with us at Hilton Newark Penn Station. I look forward to sharing your compliments with our staff. We hope you will have an opportunity to return for another visit in the near future.

Reviewed 10 June 2014

I stayed at hilton Newark penn station from May 1st to may 4th 2014, my stay was a very very pleasant one, the checkin went super fast, the lady welcomed me back to hilton, the location can't be argued with, it is the best location outside of Manhattan, train only takes about 18 minutes, and you are on manhattan, the Room was nice and clean, towels was clean and changed when i wanted them to be, the only negative thing i can say about this hotel is the fact it is a 4 star hotel, and i did wish the internet was free in the rooms.. i will on my next trip to newark/new york stay here again, thanks for a very very nice stay, and hope to see you soon again :)

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo

Reviewed 8 June 2014 via mobile

Terrible assistance. I have waited for more than one hour for the shuttle bus. When I called the hotel they told would take me ANOTHER 10-15 minutes. TOTTALLY DISRESPECTFUL. The staff is not helpful and not friendly. I do not recommend for any purpose.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
Lori S, Front Office Manager at Hilton Newark Penn Station, responded to this reviewResponded 10 June 2014

Thank you for writing a review of our hotel. We appreciate your feedback and are always looking for ways to update and better our hotel. I do apologize that there was a delay with our shuttle. Your patronage is appreciated and we look forward to your return. Best regards

Reviewed 7 June 2014

This hotel is fantastic. I was surprised how clean it is considering it is located in the bad part of the area. I was really nervous about staying somewhere shady but it turn out we have good experience. I went with one with my sister a week ago to go to New York Times Square. This place is perfect. But I will not walk around after dark in this area. You can walk out through the buildings attached to the Hilton and come out right across from the Penn station to go to New York city for $10 round trip. This hotel is much affordable that staying in close to Times Square. $300 cheaper. This building is surrounded by gifts shops and restaurant. Front desk people are friendly.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
Lori S, Front Office Manager at Hilton Newark Penn Station, responded to this reviewResponded 9 June 2014

Reviewed 28 May 2014

My husband and I stayed here for 3 nights recently. We flew into Newark airport and called for the shuttle, which arrived in about 15 minutes. We arrived at the hotel around noon and our room was ready, allowing us to freshen up before going into NYC. The hotel is attached to Newark's Penn Station and the train ride into the city is $5.00 one way, arriving at NYC Penn Station in about 20 minutes. The train runs several times an hour, even late into the evening.

We ate breakfast at a shop in the concourse between the hotel and Penn Station. I can't remember the name of it, but it has lots of colorful signs in the window. Good, cooked-to-order breakfast.

We took the airport shuttle back to the airport to pick up a rental car for some of our trip so also had the opportunity to use the parking garage. We had no issues with the garage. $21/day, I believe, with in/out privileges.

All employees we encountered were friendly and helpful. We found it nice to stay outside of Manhattan but still convenient to the city. This is a large hotel on a busy corner in a big city. It is not particularly quiet for these reasons. We heard no noise from inside the hotel (and we were near the elevator) but there was a lot of honking and traffic noise, but we were so tired by the end of the day it wasn't an issue. Our room had a comfortable Queen bed, desk/chair, and an upholstered chair and seemed roomy.

We would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank hearts17

Reviewed 28 May 2014 via mobile

Having never visited New York before, we decided to stay here and save money by catching the train to Manhattan every day. The hotel itself is great, as one would expect from Hilton. Spacious rooms and very clean. However I would not recommend staying here if you are a tourist. The train to Manhattan takes about twenty minutes. There is virtually nothing in the surrounding area in terms of food and supermarkets. The inconvenience was not worth the money saved in our opinion!

Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank LambieLondon

Thank you for writing a review of our hotel. We appreciate your feedback and are always looking for ways to update and better our hotel. Your patronage is appreciated and we look forward to your return. Best regards

Reviewed 27 May 2014

Our stay at the Hilton wasn't bad. The valet staff was excellent and tried to assist us as much as possible. The front desk staff was very pleasant as well. They did make the hotel very secure by using your key card to access any floor in the hotel. So if you didn't have a card, the elevator would not move. The food was okay. I didn't like the fact that the hotel was a Hilton and did not have a pool. This would have been excellent for children. Otherwise, they are thoroughly bored during down time.

Room Tip: The air conditioner/heat didn't always work and this hotel did not have a pool.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family