“Extremely handy hotel.”

Ranked #1 of 16 Hotels in Newark
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 2 May 2012

Extremely handy hotel.
Very clean & comfy. All mod cons and the room was quiet. Just what you expect from this chain of hotels. Stayed one night while connecting from florida to london. The hotel has a small bus that takes you to and from the hotel to the airport every 15 Minutes. If you are getting an early flight i would advise allowing a bit of extra time, as there was quite a que for the bus. On the other hand, the terminal is so close that you can walk to it. Just make sure you walk to the correct one. A or B.
Very good hotel in a fantastic location. Only if your traveling that is. :o)

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank HiltonJ15
There are newer reviews for Newark Liberty International Airport Marriott

Reviewed 1 May 2012

Room clean and reasonable size although bathroom was small. Air conditioning was loud when it switches on but you get use to it. Staff were warm and made an effort to be friendly.There are two restaurants but essentially only one as they serve the same menu. Food is reasonable. Hotel provides complimentary shuttle to all the terminals and P4. There is a monorail that connects P4 to the raiway station and then it is 3 stops to Manhattan. So you could be in town in about 45 minutes (depending on rail schedule).
Hotel does not organise transport to New York except by taxi so it is best to use the facilities of Newark Airport if you are on a budget.

Reviewed 28 April 2012

Overall: Stay here quite a bit for business meetings because of the convenient location to the airport. It's a good airport hotel, with a couple of choices for eating. The shuttle service is good, just make sure that you get into the right shuttle! Great fitness facility (and looks like a good pool, but I never use it). Bar and restaurant were a bit on the pricey side but I assume it's because it's a captive audience. I would have given this a very good rating for this stay, but I was a bit annoyed with the housekeeping service.

Check in: Checked in late on a Tuesday night and checked in less than 5 minutes. They were out of king size bed, so ended up with two doubles, but I didn't have a problem with that at all.

Rates: Reserved through my company's travel agency, room rate was $145 per night.

Resort Fee: None

Internet Service: I think $12.95 per day. I didn't use it.

Room: Stayed in room 369. Layout was okay, the bathroom was a bit on the small side and had a funky layout (the door seemed to be too close to the toilet). The lighting in the room was acceptable. The desk didn't have enough outlets (two plugs in the light fixture, I had to use another outlet for my iPod - or maybe I can reduce the amount of electronics I travel with!).

I had to go to the front desk to ask for housekeeping services. I was out of my room all day (from 7 AM returning around 5:30 PM) and my room wasn't serviced. I thought that maybe they were running late, went to the gym and returned an hour later and still no service. Once I complained to the front desk, I returned from dinner and my room was clean. That was annoying.

Shower: Good shower, great temperature and water pressure.

Toiletries: Bed and Bath Aromatherapy toiletries (shampoo, conditioner, and shampoo). Love this brand!

Reviewed 25 April 2012

We chose the Newark Marriott as we were flying in on a Friday and out again on the Saturday, so a hotel on the airport site was ideal.
The shuttle bus service was prompt and the driver helpful as we had three heavy bags.
Reception gave us a warm welcome and the room was perfect for our overnight stay, quiet and comfortable.
We had a couple of hours to fill in the afternoon and we were too tired after a transatlantic flight to venture very far. So as the hotel was only about 400 metres from the airport we chose to take a walk, get some fresh air and do a bit of basic shopping at the terminal. However it was impossible to walk from the hotel to the terminal without climbing over crash barriers and across grass verges - or does this say more about the American's reluctance to walk anywhere?
In the evening we had a most welcome meal in the hotel restaurant - plenty to eat - good quality - nicely presented and served with a smile.
Breakfast was the usual average hotel fare accompanied of course by ghastly American tea - does no one in the USA know how to make a PROPER cup of tea???

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 23 April 2012

Convenient hotel in the heart of Newark airport. Friendly, efficient, and hospitable staff. Room was clean, comfortable with some extra touches. We had an evening flight, and stored our bags through the front desk staff so that we could explore NYC sans luggage. Even though it is in the center of the airport, you can't easily walk to the hotel, and have to rely on the shuttle, which picks up frequently so we never had to wait long. Great hotel for the beginning or end of a trip, and we took advantage of low weekend rates.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 23 April 2012

First time we stayed at this hotel as we usually stay in Manhatten but the prices are getting ridiculously expensive but we were NOT disappointed.From the airport we walked easily across the car park and was there in 3 mins, the cars on the road even stopped to let us pass.The lobby was huge and luxurious and the staff so friendly. The room was comfortable, only the bathroom was a little cramped. Walked back to the airport to catch the airtrain then the NJ Transit to Manhatten, so easy and quick, $25 return. Next day walked to the airport again to catch airtrain to P4 for the shuttle bus to Jersey garden outlets, $9 return (take an empty suitcase or buy another one as we did, so many bargains).Will stay again next time we are in NY, by the way we only paid £85 a night compared to £250 a night in Manhatten.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 23 April 2012

Had a layover here last week. Had not been to the hotel before. It was very clean, quiet & comfortable. The other 2 flight attendants & I met in the bar for an after work drink. A normal size draft beer was $7. The 2 other girls got cosmos that were $14 each! This is highway robbery. I'm guessing the other patrons get to submit expense reports & have their drinks paid for. I personally won't drink there again. We did get an order of delicious sweet potato fries to share.

The gym is big, bright & has great equipment. 5 ellipticals lined up facing out the back window. 6 treadmills facing the indoor/outdoor pool. At least 4 exercise bikes, free weights & some universal gym equipment. The outdoor pool was still covered last week. ( April 15) Good size patio area around the pool to sit at.

Room Tip: Stay away from the ice/vending machines/elevator.
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Newark
Holiday Inn Newark Airport
Wyndham Garden Newark Airport
SpringHill Suites Newark Liberty International Airport
Ramada Plaza Newark Liberty International Airport
Hilton Newark Airport
Hilton Newark Airport
#4 of 14 in Elizabeth
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Newark Airport

Been to Newark Liberty International Airport Marriott? Share your experiences!