“Comfortable room” 4 of 5 bubbles

GreenLeadersBronze level
Marion, Illinois
“Comfortable room”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 May 2014

Satisfied with my stay. Friendly staff. Service was good. Location is perfect for taking the train to Manhattan. Also easy access to restaurants in Newark. Close to NJ Turnpike and GS Parkway so easy and convenient when visiting friends and relatives.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled solo
    • 4 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (201)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Philly
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 May 2014

I am a Hilton family traveler - I was forced to stay at this location due to a dance competition. I have traveled for 25 years and knew that a hotel airport was going to be an issue and I was correct. You are essentially trapped at this location - I realize most are flopping here for one night and heading out somewhere better, but I was here for THREE nights. Driving somewhere is not easy (and it's sketchy nearby, not much around) and you are essentially trapped eating hotel food. So, fine, hotel food. A couple of times for lunch a quickie type buffet was set up for the competition... CASH ONLY?!? WHAT?!? This is 2014, please, cash only is plain stupid.

The room was, eh, whatever, an airport hotel room. The water pressure/heat was pathetic. Sometimes lukewarm, sometimes barely coming out the shower head.

The Internet... two different rates (both a RIPOFF)... the higher cost option was for faster service. Well, it sucked. The signal sometimes wasn't even accessible and when it was, it was slower than my wife's phone. I had work to get done and it was a huge challenge.

I'll give props to the exercise room which I used multiple times.

I wont put myself through this hassle again.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Howard S
Steve S, Manager at Newark Liberty International Airport Marriott, responded to this review, 15 May 2014
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. We do pride ourselves on our convenient location to Newark Airport for our guest’s arrival and departing flights and we are also an easy distance from Manhattan. We have great public transportation available in our area which is easily accessible from Newark Penn Station. Your feedback is very important to us and we will be sure to share this with our Team. Thank you again.
Bloomingburg, New York
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 May 2014

I think this hotel is just a bit too big for them to manage. First of all the check in process was terrible. Very lengthy and then the clerk argued with me over using my corporate rate.
Once to the room I noticed that the air was not on at all so I turned it on and attempted to make it cooler. AC was not working and was making the room even warmer.
I recommend staying that the Rennaisance down the street. Cheaper and better service.

• 2 of 5 bubbles
3 Thank Marineboy003
Brick, New Jersey
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 April 2014 via mobile

Early flight great spot however hope it doesn't rain no TV getting up at 3:30 am want to relax instead I'm writing a review. Now I need more characters to submit this more annoyance.gfffddfff c xxdxxffvvbvvccccvvbbnnn now do I have 200 characters

Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank carol j
Holmfirth, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 April 2014

Great location for short business trip but expensive, poor choice of food at bar or restaurant and also expensive. No direct pathway to walk to the hotel from terminals except through the car park and stepping over barriers. Not recommended unless time is short.

• 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Dabhand2
Steve S, Manager at Newark Liberty International Airport Marriott, responded to this review, 1 May 2014
We appreciate you taking the time to give us your feedback from your recent stay. I will be sure to share your comments with our team. We look forward to hosting you brilliantly in the future.
Starnberg
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 April 2014

I was stuck at the Newark airport on my way to Nashville, Tennessee on Saturday April 26 because of the tornado front going through on the way to Nashville. I decided with a couple of travelers to take the closest hotel -- it was this Marriott. Their airport shuttle service is perfect with very friendly drivers. The hotel was also nice, for example their business center excellent with info on flight situations etc. Bar service also excellent, restaurant I do not know as we decided to have dinner in NY downtown.

For bad news concerning my flight this hotel saved my evening!

1 Thank eucoeju
Jelenia Góra
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 April 2014 via mobile

The hotel is located by the airport. A shuttle bus service avaliable for free. The staff is friendly and helpful. The place is clean and quite ( I could sleep undisturbed even it is so close to the airport). Food is very tasty. Breakfast helped me to start my day. Nice option to day and reach NY downtown by train ( only 12.5 usd one way ticket).

Stayed April 2014, travelled on business