“Convenient to EWR airport and nice public areas”

Newark Liberty International Airport Marriott
Ranked #1 of 16 Hotels in Newark
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 17 June 2014

It was a nice surprise to see the newly remodeled lobby and public area of the hotel. The Marriott is a great location and conveniently located at EWR airport - there isn't a closer hotel to the terminals. The rooms are nicely appointed but are in need of a facelift - was a dramatic difference from the lobby to the room. Overall a very nice hotel and one that I stay have semi-frequently when flying out of EWR.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
Write a ReviewReviews (1,729)

Reviewed 17 June 2014

The hotel was very comfortable and, while not inexpensive, had much to offer - shuttle from the airport, very helpful staff, quality supportive beds. We requested a room change and the front desk was most accommodating. Taxis are easily hired from the hotel whether to go into the city, to the cruise terminal or locally. Note that the PATH system into New York was out while we were there in early June - otherwise it is conveniently located near the hotel. Only complaint was that internet is not included and restaurant meals are on the pricey side. I had ordered something and had it delivered to the hotel. The goods arrived the day prior and there was a note on our file to that effect when we checked in. This could have been so messed up but they made it easy-peasy. Would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 14 June 2014

We have stayed several times and plan to stay several more. It is the most convenient to the airport for a late arrival and/or early departure. The people are professional, friendly and extremely efficient. The rooms are very quiet, comfortable and an oasis after or before a hectic day of travel. We always feel special when we stay and look forward to a return. Try to get a concierge floor room to make the stay a little better. Thanks in particular to Steve who made our stay very enjoyable.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 9 June 2014

We had a business meeting at this hotel, and I was very impressed. Pickup from the airport itself was swift. I came in the night before; the meeting started late the afternoon, so I asked for a late checkout. "No problem," was the response for my very late request for my very late checkout. I am not usually a fan of room service food, but this food was great -close to the best French Onion soup I have ever had. Service was swift and polite. The room itself was very comfortable with easy and quiet temperature control and a great bed. The bathroom was very small but it was functional. Checkout and transportation back was also wonderful. I didn't make the arrangements for the meeting, so I can't comment on that part, but from the point of view of an attendee, it was terrific!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 5 June 2014 via mobile

We had a late flight and needed an early check-in, leaving later the same day/evening.
The hotel had availability and was friendly and accommodating, including the polite shuttle driver.
But the best part was that the hotel was SO clean. From the lobby to the halls to our room, everything was great and I'm grateful we chose this hotel.

Stayed: June 2014
Reviewed 2 June 2014

The hotel itself is very conveniently located inside the Newark airport property, but it is NOT walkable to the terminals unless you want to navigate your way through several parking lots. The shuttle runs every 15 minutes and is convenient.

The room itself was on the concierge floor a few doors down from the lounge. I did not use the lounge, as some very rude young couple allowed their toddle to use the computer keyboard as a drum and acted offended when they were asked to stop this. I think they were finally thrown out of the lounge, only to be replaced by a woman who tried to put a plate full of cookies in her purse. I don't blame Marriott for them--I blame their upbringing.

Other than that, it was a nice, relaxed overnight stay and I caught my plane on time. Only suggestion I have for management is to put up additional signage indicating where passengers may print out boarding passes.

Room Tip: Rooms are very quiet, so no particular side of the hotel is better than another.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank DGfromDallas
Reviewed 29 May 2014

Stayed 1 night (May 13) because of an early Virgin Atlantic flight; checkin was efficient - staff walked me to the elevator to explain using the room key for elevator usage, staff was helpful answering my questions; the room was standard Marriott: clean, plenty of hot water and everything worked; however, I didn't like paying $18.00 for a burger with fries (the burger and fries tasted good - i expected to pay a little more at an airport but $18??); checkout was fine - this Marriott has its own shuttle van so we were in the lobby at 4:30a and the shuttle took us promptly to our terminal (much appreciated).

Miscellaneous info re EWR Terminal B "departure gate areas": do NOT have coffee ready until 5:30am - get your coffee BEFORE going through security - there should be a sign at the entrance to security stating: NO COFFEE AVAILABLE at departure gate UNTIL 5:30am. there was coffee available at a nearby counter BEFORE security but we skipped that thinking there was coffee at our departure gate area.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Newark
Holiday Inn Newark Airport
SpringHill Suites Newark Liberty International Airport
Wyndham Garden Newark Airport
Hilton Newark Airport
Hilton Newark Airport
#2 of 13 in Elizabeth
Hilton Newark Penn Station
Ramada Plaza Newark Liberty International Airport

Been to Newark Liberty International Airport Marriott? Share your experiences!