“Nicely renovated!”

Newark Liberty International Airport Marriott
Ranked #1 of 16 Hotels in Newark
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 6 August 2014 via mobile

The Hotel has recently been renovated. I stayed for a business conference. The staff went above and beyond to ensure our large group had everything needed for a successful meeting! The hotel is at the airport, so there are no views to speak of, but the rooms are comfortable and very clean.

• Stayed: July 2014
1  Thank Tnutley

Reviewed 5 August 2014

Stayed here to overnight on a connecting trip. Travelling alone with 8 month old baby so nervous about managing all my luggage. The staff were excellent and provided me with exceptional service which eased my travel worries. From the minute I stepped on the shuttle bus, was assisted with the bellman, I knen I was in the right hotel. Obviously it was the room service menu that I needed to avail off but was hugely disappointed. Considering it was a Marriott, I expected Good Food but unfortunately it was average and the prices did not reflect the standard of food. When you are travelling with a baby, a hotel room must turn into a place of 'zen' so that you can recharge for the next part of the journey. Good, healthy, tasty food is a vital service for customers. So come on Marriott, make it Perfect please.
Also, the small bottles of water in the room are $3 each - how is a mum with young baby going to get water anywhere else? No free WifFi in the room either.
I would definitely stay again, especially for the service. Well done to the staff and see you next time. Keep up the good work! :)

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 5 August 2014

The rooms in this Marriott were very small - as were the bathrooms. I travel with friends, and we share a room, and we've never encountered this at a Marriott. Everything seemed quite outdated and, frankly, not as clean as we would have expected. The first day, when my friend turned down one of the beds, she found a LIVE beetle and human hair UNDER the comforter. The bedding, though white, was a dingy shade of gray with every bedding change.

Overall, the service was definitely responsive and up to the usual Marriott standards, staff was very friendly, and room service breakfast was wonderful, though expensive. The event we were attending was at this hotel, so we ate in the hotel restaurant as well, since it's close to NOTHING but the airport. The restaurant food was good but, again, quite pricey for the overall appearance and condition of the hotel. For convenience sake though, I would consider staying there again.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
Steve S, Manager at Newark Liberty International Airport Marriott, responded to this reviewResponded 6 August 2014

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. Your feedback is invaluable. We will review your findings with our team and make any necessary changes. Thank you again and we look forward to extending brilliant service to you in the future.

Reviewed 1 August 2014

I stayed here one night before flying out early to London and was very pleased. The room was comfortable and quiet. The lobby restaurant was also surprisingly good. The bar was well stocked and accommodating. While this wasn't a memorable experience, it was certainly a totally reliable one and I will stay here again if travel calls for it.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 31 July 2014

An older Marriott and it's obvious. The rooms are smaller, water can cycle hot/cold sometimes Lukewarm other times [ I stay here regularly over the last 12 months.] Bath faucet can be hard to adjust. It has the basics but no more. Missing vanity mirrors, for instance. Beds are fine, Good Power outlets, carpets are getting old. Stained and sometimes feel a bit dirty.
The staff is great , though the restaurant shows signs of a frugality kick lately. Meal quality declined into the beginning of the summer [2014]. Had a flat bread and with the middle too soggy to enjoy I won't try that again. The woman beside me walked away from her salmon after barely tasting it. $8 for a cup of bean soup ??? literally a cup.
Concierge level is small. Food limited compared to other Marriott's and sometimes a bit unappetizing.[ greasy overcooked cheese sandwich anyone ? ] though the dessert trays have been wonderful, and there's only one coffee machine so there's often a wait in the morning.
The saving grace is it's AT the airport and the van drivers are really helpful.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Dairybrook
Steve S, Manager at Newark Liberty International Airport Marriott, responded to this reviewResponded 1 August 2014

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. We are glad to hear that you are a repeat guest and we want you to know that your feedback is invaluable. We have shared your responses with our team to improve and grow the areas you have outlined. Thank you again and we look forward to your next stay.

Reviewed 27 July 2014 via mobile

Was here over the weekend for a meeting. As others have noted this could not be more convenient location. It is smack in the middle of Newark airport, not even the perimeter road.

The staff is obviously trying to
make a huge effort on service excellence. They all have WOW ribbons on, everyone says hello, it was noticed and appreciated.

The outdoor pool was "under
construction", and I'm a little skeptical. There is a very short window during the year when an outdoor pool can be used in Newark and it's hard to believe that they would've closed at this time of year. However, making lemonade from lemons, the staff
offered to put a lounge chair out there just so we could get some
sun. I wish that the Spalding close was on the website, to
better manage expectations.

I had a king-size bed on the
concierge level, and the room was smallish for an Marriott, particularly at that level. Also many concierge lounges do not
have breakfast on the weekends, but this lounge is closed completely, there is no opportunity even to get a bottle of water. This too is unusual in my experience and was an
inconvenience.

As far as a meeting venue it was
good. The rooms are spacious,
the lunch and breaks were very good, would return here for that.

The carpet in the room had some moist areas which I optimistically told myself was water from cleaning.

Not a vacation hotel, but more than acceptable for an airport hotel!

• Stayed: July 2014
Reviewed 23 July 2014 via mobile

Stayed here on a stopover to Europe. All staff had Wow ribbons on and that was the kind of service we received. Everyone had a smile and were super helpful. Shuttle easy to and from airport along with fresh water bottles. Beds were comfy and food nice. This experience got our trip off to a smooth and joyous start

• Stayed: June 2014
1  Thank Susan B
Also consider these accommodations in or near Newark
Holiday Inn Newark Airport
Wyndham Garden Newark Airport
SpringHill Suites Newark Liberty International Airport
Hilton Newark Airport
Hilton Newark Airport
#3 of 14 in Elizabeth
Ramada Plaza Newark Liberty International Airport
Best Western Plus Newark Airport West

Been to Newark Liberty International Airport Marriott? Share your experiences!