“Stay somewhere else.”

Ranked #6 of 16 Hotels in Newark
Yarmouth Nova Scotia
“Stay somewhere else.”
Reviewed 12 January 2014

Staff was extremely unfriendly. Room was just ok.Quite far away from airport,the trip back took almost a half hour.I wouldn't stay here again,very disappointed!!!! Shuttle bus driver did not say a single word to us.Front desk guy threw my reservation sheet back at me..We felt like a bother to these people.

5 Thank Souppa

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (158)
  • Hebrew first
  • Indonesian first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Mumbai (Bombay), India
Reviewed 12 January 2014

The advantage of staying at Best Western Robert treat hotel is that apart from the economical rooms it takes care of a lot of additional needs. Breakfast is free. Internet is free. Shuttle to Penn Station is free. Shuttle to airport is free. So you save a lot on additional costs!

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
United States
Reviewed 10 January 2014

I over all had a wonderful experience at best western. I will be staying their again, the prices were great and the rooms were beautiful. I arrived at night and the staff were very friendly and helpful. The bed was very comfortable, and the bathroom was very comfortable, everything was clean. I'd certainly stay here again.

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Fort Collins, Colorado
Reviewed 9 January 2014

My wife and I chose this hotel for 2 reasons: Location (near the airport) and price (very reasonable.) When we arrived, we found free parking, very courteous (even friendly) desk staff, a clean, comfy room, a nice fitness center, great breakfast (unusual, with an automated pancake maker, which is something I'd never seen before) a terminal to print boarding passes... But there is more: Very close proximity to a station with trains to Manhattan. For less than $100 a night we had a very nice room a ten minute walk and a twenty minute train ride from NYC. We fly to Newark and rent a car to visit family. Next time, we'll stay here for two nights and plan a day in NYC. And we might even see a bit of Newark...

Winnipeg, Canada
Reviewed 9 January 2014

I had a flight cancellation at the airport and booked a night at this hotel. I greatly appreciated the fact that they would check me in so late. I took the shuttle bus from the airport and the driver was very entertaining, telling us about Newark and pointing out attractions. The staff were extremely nice and the room was very comfortable and clean. And I did appreciate the name brand shampoo, conditioner and lotion instead of the usual hotel brand. Check out was easy and the shuttles were always on time. Plus I ordered food from room service and got a lot for my money, (chicken avocado sandwich, which came with fries and salad) was pretty tasty and came quick,

• Stayed January 2014, travelled solo
Farmington, Missouri
Reviewed 8 January 2014

The rooms small but fairly clean. The hotel offers a fair price and good proximity to Downtown. The hotel restaurant, the Maize has excellent food but is pricey. However, the bad is that there is no decent breakfast for blocks- the so called breakfast they offer to guests consists of cereal, a few run of the mill bagels and several tiny muffins, is easily outdone by other budget hotels I have frequented. Furthermore, the "Business Center" consist of 5 non-functional pc's and 2 printers- the kicker: they are all equipped with bill slots in order to charge users for service. I feel for the unlucky soul who pays without know the devices are easily outpaced by an Apple IIE of the 80's. Another typical Best Western and the reason I tend to steer clear of this chain. Furthermore, the staff seemed much less than eager to help with anything other than taking my cash

• Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Jeffrey U
Monrovia, California
Reviewed 2 January 2014

We drove around the block a couple of times trying to figure out how to get into the parking hotel. My husband dropped me off so I could ask at the desk. It turns out the young men in the back who do not look like they work for the hotel, are the ones to turn your car keys over to. Then you hope they park your car somewhere where it isn't damaged or stolen. The hotel does give a parking voucher, but tips go to the young men.
The room was tiny. No, it was tiny. I don't think I've ever been in a room that small. Oh, and the bathroom, one could be using the toilet and the other at the sink, but if one moves the other has to step out.
The room was clean and the people at the desk are helpful. There was a good breakfast choice, but the room was very crowded.
That night there was a party in one of the ballrooms. Fortunately the bam, bam, bam of the music stopped around 11:30.
This isn't the best part of town. We walked to have lunch near Penn Station. But, once we were in at night, we stayed in.
Probably would not stay here again because of the location.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple