“Great Value”

Ranked #6 of 16 Hotels in Newark
Northampton, MA
“Great Value”
Reviewed 21 January 2014

This hotel was a very good value for the price. It was under $100, and I just needed a reasonable place to stay for the evening for business in the morning.

The room was plain but clean. There were plenty of good pillows and mattress was comfy enough. The shower had good pressure and good water water.

The staff were reasonably helpful and friendly when I arrived, which was after 11:00pm.
Parking was easy and free. The waits for the elevators were not long. The fitness center actually looked pretty good and modern and actually had people in it working out.

The free breakfast is sold as "deluxe continental" and I think it surpassed that title. Usually continental breakfasts are a selection of breads, but their breakfast had egg and cheese sandwiches and hot oatmeal and the eating area was comfortable and clean and even a little elegant. The woman working the dining area was lovely- great upbeat attitude. The location felt quiet and safe.

Its a good budget hotel.

The only real criticism I had was that the walls were just paper thin. It sometimes felt like neighbors were in my room with me when they rummaged through their suitcases or dinged a hanger in the closet, or folded newspapers. If that matters to you, take note.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank MKludt

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (158)
  • Hebrew first
  • Indonesian first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 20 January 2014

My stay at this hotel in New Jersey has been great. The check-in is fast and friendly. The location is a 5 minute trip from the train station. It is located in downtown Newark so I am close to everything. Reserve your room early for a discounted rate online and you won't regret your choice.

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Yarmouth Nova Scotia
Reviewed 12 January 2014

Staff was extremely unfriendly. Room was just ok.Quite far away from airport,the trip back took almost a half hour.I wouldn't stay here again,very disappointed!!!! Shuttle bus driver did not say a single word to us.Front desk guy threw my reservation sheet back at me..We felt like a bother to these people.

5 Thank Souppa
Mumbai (Bombay), India
Reviewed 12 January 2014

The advantage of staying at Best Western Robert treat hotel is that apart from the economical rooms it takes care of a lot of additional needs. Breakfast is free. Internet is free. Shuttle to Penn Station is free. Shuttle to airport is free. So you save a lot on additional costs!

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
United States
Reviewed 10 January 2014

I over all had a wonderful experience at best western. I will be staying their again, the prices were great and the rooms were beautiful. I arrived at night and the staff were very friendly and helpful. The bed was very comfortable, and the bathroom was very comfortable, everything was clean. I'd certainly stay here again.

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Fort Collins, Colorado
Reviewed 9 January 2014

My wife and I chose this hotel for 2 reasons: Location (near the airport) and price (very reasonable.) When we arrived, we found free parking, very courteous (even friendly) desk staff, a clean, comfy room, a nice fitness center, great breakfast (unusual, with an automated pancake maker, which is something I'd never seen before) a terminal to print boarding passes... But there is more: Very close proximity to a station with trains to Manhattan. For less than $100 a night we had a very nice room a ten minute walk and a twenty minute train ride from NYC. We fly to Newark and rent a car to visit family. Next time, we'll stay here for two nights and plan a day in NYC. And we might even see a bit of Newark...

Winnipeg, Canada
Reviewed 9 January 2014

I had a flight cancellation at the airport and booked a night at this hotel. I greatly appreciated the fact that they would check me in so late. I took the shuttle bus from the airport and the driver was very entertaining, telling us about Newark and pointing out attractions. The staff were extremely nice and the room was very comfortable and clean. And I did appreciate the name brand shampoo, conditioner and lotion instead of the usual hotel brand. Check out was easy and the shuttles were always on time. Plus I ordered food from room service and got a lot for my money, (chicken avocado sandwich, which came with fries and salad) was pretty tasty and came quick,

• Stayed January 2014, travelled solo