US$178
US$167
Courtyard
Savings alert! 13% below average rates

The price you found is 13% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$192/night.

Free cancellation until 25/07
Free cancellation until 26/07
US$137
  • Breakfast included
1,427 results
All reviewsnewark penn stationguest loungenew yorkbreakfast roomperforming arts centerhard boiled eggsmilitary parkfree shuttlepath trainshuttle servicefree breakfastprudential centerbreakfast sandwichbusiness centervisiting nychotel shuttlethe world trade center
Reviewed 24 July 2010

I found this hotel last year completely by accident, after missing a connection back home to Scotland I just jumped onto the first Hotel Shuttle Transfer bus that came along, and boy am I glad I did! Since then I took my sister to stay there for a week and intend to take my mother there early next year.

The rooms are spacious enough, not huge but definitely comfortable to lay around in. They were always very clean and never had any issues at all. The TV, shower and beds were all excellent. The only complaint I would have is that the wifi wasn't always a very good connection, but they have a business centre downstairs if you need to use the internet, so it wasn't really a problem. No noise issues at all, I've never had a bad night's sleep there yet.

The breakfast options are the usual affair with options to suit everyone, but the breakfast area itself is the star. There is a choice of comfortable couches, or stools around tables for seating. The place is well stocked with newspapers, magazines, and the local tourism leaflets, plus there are a couple of televisions tuned into the news to keep you entertained while you eat. The staff looking after the place are also very good, polite and professional and willing to engage in converstation.

Check-in staff were also great, helpful and friendly at all times.

The location is great if you don't mind getting the train into Manhattan, and considering the value for money of the hotel compared to what you'd have to spend to find something of similar quality on the island, it's pretty much perfect. The train station is only about 10 minutes walk away, or the Transfer Shuttle bus will happily drop you off there on the way to the airport. You can be in Manhattan 30 minutes after leaving the hotel if you time the trains right, and the cost is minimal.

There are a few shops and restaurants in Newark itself, just take a wander around the streets out in front of the hotel. Plus there are a few attractions in Newark itself you may want to check out, all within easy reach.

I will definitely be staying at the Best Western Robert Treat Hotel anytime I'm back in New York!

• Stayed: November 2009, travelled with family
1  Thank UWL_Davey
Reviewed 22 July 2010

Our stay at Best Westen Robert Treat was comfortable. Clean and spacious rooms. Friendly and smiling staff, though the last day was not so good. Timely shuttle service to Airport as well as the Newark Penn Station. Complimentary breakfast and its timings were good. Only problem faced loud music on the nite of our check-in in the vicinity. Would suggest to check out the review on the vicinity before choosing to stay here.

Stayed: July 2010, travelled solo
1  Thank JigeshS
Reviewed 20 July 2010

The night we spent here was good. Slept well and the breakfast the next morning "hit the spot." Rate was very good for mid week travel, good value. Would recommend to other travelers.

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank krojas
Reviewed 31 May 2010

Traveled with my cousin Pat (AL) & Aunt Margaret (TN) had a great time hotel staff very friendly & helpful. Location was superb, breakfast was great & enjoyed being at this hotel & will go back this coming September!!!

Stayed: August 2008, travelled with family
Reviewed 30 May 2010

I'm elderly and handicapped and was so pleased with the attention given me. I was waited on in the breakfast room by one of the most courteous and helpful hotel employees. Jose Cruz saw me attempting to negotiate the 3 steps from the elevator and rushed to help me and then served me the free breakfast as he could see I had problems.. One of the other guests told him that he had made her day! Hotel was 1/2 a block from the venue I was going to. No complaints at all regarding this hotel.

• Stayed: May 2010, travelled solo