“No no no!”

Wyndham Garden Newark Airport
Ranked #14 of 16 Hotels in Newark
Reviewed 28 July 2014 via mobile

Needed an overnight and a place to park before a cruise. Don't be fooled—this is not a good place to stay! No food around except for the nasty hotel restaurant. Ordered room service once and the food was nasty, plus the room service guy walked right into the room unannounced when my husband went to get a pen... and saw me naked. I'll bet he had a good story for his buddies! Room was very dated and not very clean. The hotel is very busy and the staff seemed constantly annoyed and were unhelpful. Sometimes we waited at the desk while they talked amongst themselves. We won't be staying again.

Stayed: July 2014
Don S, General Manager at Wyndham Garden Newark Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 29 July 2014

I am sorry to hear of some of the problems you encountered during your sta. I assure you I will make sure to share you comments with all the respective departments. I appeciate you taking the time to inform us of your issues. We strive on contructive comments and alwys try to do our best to accomadate our guest. I apologize for the shortfall in service , you expierenced.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,888)

Reviewed 27 July 2014

The hotel has seen better days -about 25 years ago! The breakfast is not part of the deal - though there is an attached restaurant. The staff are friendly and it is a great location for the airport and New York city - less than 1/2 an hour away -to the heart of Manhattan. It is convenient and fine if all you need is a place to rest your head.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 26 July 2014

Stayed in May 2014. Quick takeaways:

Positives:

- Close to the Newark airport. Has a good shuttle service
- Check-in process was quick. Reached earlier than check-in time, but was accommodated within minutes which I highly appreciate
- Rooms were clean and tidy, and so was the bathroom
- Has snack bar if you wish to have a quick nibble

Negatives:
- Appearance of the hotel may not be to the liking of some guests
- Food choices could have been elaborate; cannot eat the same stuff if you are staying for more than 4-5 days
- Isolated. You have to drive down or take the shuttle if you wish to eat elsewhere or go shopping. Its a pure play airport hotel for a brief stay.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Suyog
Reviewed 24 July 2014 via mobile

The hotel was clean. Reserved a room for park and stay. Flying out of Newark early in the morning. It was perfect. Shuttle service every half hour to airport. Didn't need to eat or use any other facility other than the room. Spent 10 days away and would have paid a lot of money for parking. Live in south Jersey so this was perfect. Don't forget to specify when you book that it's a park and stay rate. Got off plane and shuttle was there as expected and car was perfectly taken care of while we were gone. Will use again next time I fly out of Newark.

Stayed: July 2014
1  Thank TeriPugh
Reviewed 19 July 2014

I am a former hotel "host" for the Grand Hyatt, a luxury hotel. I was excited to book this hotel because the photos on the website were appealing. When I got to the outside of the hotel, I was a little disappointed at its appearance yet still hopeful. Upon reaching the front desk, I found the customer service to be lack-luster. I was not greeted by the agents but rather had to get their attention. When I got to the room I was further disappointed as there was no refrigerator (which the website said that there should be in every room). I let that pass. It was when I got to the bathroom that I became sorely disappointed. For my $507 stay (of 3 nights) I was greeted with a commercial style toilet...the kind you see in 1950's public bathrooms. Absolutely unacceptable. In my 3 night stay my card keys were deactivated at least 3 time in which I had to ask for a new set. I did appreciate that the rooms were turned over when I asked and that the outside view was nice...but there is ALOT to be desired from this hotel. I will not be staying again. Coming from a brief background of hospitality and service is the measure I used to gauge my review.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
Don S, General Manager at Wyndham Garden Newark Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 22 July 2014

I am very sorry to hear of some of the problems you encountered during your stay with us. We pride ourselves in providing a pleasent ,comfortable and friendly stay for all of our guests. It seems we fell short in a few areas. I assure you ,I will share you comments with my managers and dept. associates in a effort to avoid some of this isues in the future. I apologize for the problems, but hope that you will give us anohter opportunity to have you stay with us in the future.

Don Sheneman

Reviewed 17 July 2014

Nothing to like here. It served the purpose of a place to sleep, nothing more. Luckily we only stayed two nights and didn't spend any time there besides sleeping. Door Lock malfunctioned, room safe was broken, they "cleaned" the room even though we put out the DND sign.
Your GPS maps better be up to date - the traffic pattern in this area is confusing

Typical East coast hospitality - none.

Stay at Hilton Newark Penn Station if you want to visit NYC, the PATH train station (Penn Station) is across the street. From the Wyndham you have to drive to everything, nothing else around. ( not that you'd ever want to walk anywhere in Newark!).

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Scott J

I apprecite you taking the time to inform us of your stay . It looks athough we fell short in several areas and didnot satisfy your needs. I apologize for those issues. I assure you we take your comments seriously and I will be sure to share them with all the hotel associates.I am sorry you were disappointed with your stay .AWe would love for you to give us anohter chance and hope that you will consider using us in the future. Ple feel free to contact me directly and we will do our best to make sure your stay is a pleasent one.

Don SHeneman

Reviewed 17 July 2014

We were flying out of Newark so we stayed for the night. The pool was great and you can smoke out side the fence. The rooms were standard and very clean. The restaurant was very good, we ate lunch and dinner there. Shuttle bus was on time. Front desk very accommodating, no complaints at all.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends

We appreciate you taking the time to make your comments about the hotel I am glad you had a enjoyable stay and hope y will stay with us again in the future.

Don Sheneman