“Pleasant stay!”

Wyndham Garden Newark Airport
Ranked #14 of 16 Hotels in Newark
“Pleasant stay!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 August 2014 via mobile

I stayed here for two nights. The hotel is very well presented, the room was great and the staff are friendly and very helpful.
You cannot walk anywhere from the hotel as it is surrounded by highway, so need to have a car or take a cab - which could be expensive.
The food was excellent and I especially loved the snack bar in the main entrance which stocks a variety of goodies - most notably a jumbo brownie for only $2.95! This is a great idea and the first time I have come across this service in a hotel.
I did not make use of the swimming pool but there is one there which looks like a good place to relax. Although surrounded by highway it was not noisy at all at night so I had a fantastic night's sleep.

Stayed August 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank Toni P
gardenhotelnewark, Webmaster at Wyndham Garden Newark Airport, responded to this review, 3 September 2014
Dear Guest,

I’m so pleased you has a pleasant stay with us. I’m glad you found just the experience you wanted while staying with us. We’re really proud of this hotel, our staff and the quality of accommodations we’re able to provide, and I’m glad our pride shows. I hope you’ll stay with us frequently when your travel needs require you to be near Newark Airport. Thanks again.

Hotel Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (180)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
King, North Carolina
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 August 2014

My wife and I were put here by our airline after a horrendous number of flights from Copenhagen. We arrived at the airport at like 11 and waited for the shuttle to the hotel. Let me just say, Newark, as a city, not super nice. But, you never want to judge a hotel by the city surrounding as that is unfair. When we arrived, at 11:30, and began to check in, the restaurant was closed, even though they say they close at midnight. But, that's fine, they have a little coffee bar that you can buy muffins and drinks at. Check in was slow. The gentleman took about 20 minutes to check us in, even though we were the only ones in line. We got in the elevator, which really needs to be clean and got to our room, 510. It was a corner room and when we got in there, the best way I can describe it as dingy. It feels like there was an attempt to have it clean, but it failed.

The bed comforter had cigarette burns in it. The ceiling was yellowed and covered in dust. The sheets all had lint on them, and looked as though the sheets had not been changed. The bed was loud and uncomfortable. The pillows also looked like they had been used. The towels were not white, but not stained, they were just dingy. When we got to the room, the temperature of the room was 81. It took nearly two hours for the room to cool down, and being that we were leaving at 4:30 to go to our plane, we slept most of the night in a sweat. The toilet had not been flushed when we got in there, which was nasty.

Overall, the hotel is what it is, a quick stop over for people who were forced to be there. It isnt near anything, and the rooms are not that great.

As for value, I cant speak of it, the airline paid for it.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Victoria B
Dear Guest,

Thanks for your comments. I’m sorry that you stayed with us after a bad flying experience. I expect this experience clouded your evaluation of our hotel since most guests are completely satisfied. In any case, I apologize for any ways in which we failed to meet your needs. I hope you can stay with us again sometime and see with new eyes why so many guests are satisfied each night.

Sanger, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 August 2014

Wife and I needed an overnight stay to catch an early flight out of Newark Airport. Chose Windham for its proximity, safety, and cleanliness. The room, staff, and free shuttle did not disappoint. The highlight was the restaurant, serving Greek food as its specialty. I wanted to see what else was within walking distance (little), and semi-reluctantly sat down in the simple dining area. It was the best Chicken Souvlaki I ever had! We had just spent the day in NYC and do not think we could have had better food there without paying 10x more. Kudos to the restaurant manager and cooks for creating a hidden gem in an unlikely setting.

Room Tip: We had heavy luggage and an early flight, so we requested the bottom floor. Our room was only 5 away...
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank John Y
Dear Guest,

Thanks so much for your kind comments, especially about our restaurant. We take real pride in providing such great service and amenities, including a restaurant that meets the needs and exceeds the expectations of most guests. We appreciate having you with us and hope you will be able to stay with us again very soon.

Toronto, Canada
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 August 2014 via mobile

So I visited another Wyndham prior to going to this one in jersey. The one in michigan is much better it's just that I got bitten there but much better. If you've never been to jersey you need a updated GPS LOL. This hotel is kinda on the hwy. If you make a wrong turn it will take you at least 20 mins to get back there but I think that's just jersey. The hotel is really dated no breakfast which is crazy some of the staff have attitude and don't listen. Housekeeping comes at 830 when check out is 12 we had an 8 hour drive so we needed that sleep. Wouldn't go back

Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
Dear Guest,

Thanks for your comments. I’m sorry that we don’t compare well to other hotels at which you’ve stayed, especially since we often get positive reviews from other travelers who consider us among the best of the Wyndham family. In any case, I sincerely apologize for any ways we failed you and hope you will try us again and see us through new eyes.