“Nice Stay for a Super Weekend”

DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Newark Airport
Ranked #11 of 16 Hotels in Newark
New Jersey
“Nice Stay for a Super Weekend”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 February 2014

We stayed at the DoubleTree for Super Bowl Weekend. We had a suite with adjoining bedroom with a nice view of the lobby and pool. Room was clean and well taken cared of. Of course, a bonus are the delicious complimentary warm chocolate chip cookies! Quite crowded for this weekend. Unfortunately, have to pay for internet.

Room Tip: Suites facing the pool are nice
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
Brian C, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Newark Airport, responded to this review, 18 February 2014
Thank you very much for taking the time to write such a great review of our hotel! I appreciate all of the details you outlined, especially those of the various staff members who assisted you. It is our primary goal to exceed our guests expections each and every time. We value your business and look forward to being of service to you in the near future when traveling and trust you will select The DoubleTree by Hilton Newark Airport as your home away from home!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (167)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Polish first
Wilkes-Barre, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 February 2014

Stayed here in early Feb 2014 and it was night before we left for a week away (flying out of Newark). Reception was prompt and courteous (and yes...love those DT cookies!). Rooms are clean and well lit. Took advantage of a "park & fly" deal and was told that the parking was anywhere on their lot. I proceeded to park within 50 yards of the entrance and left my vehicle there for a week. Upon return I had to show my authorization slip but this was included in the rate quoted for park/fly. Shuttle runs every 20 minutes and when there was an overflow of people to catch the shuttle at 6 AM following morning, they ordered another vehicle to take the rest of us. I thought that this was very good service.
Upon returnt he hotel shuttle was prompt (every 20 minutes). We picked-up a bite to eat prior to our 2 hour ride at the restaurant that is on site. Good bar food, and since we were all hungry for a good ol' american burger after being away for a week, it was just "what the dr ordered"!
For rate paid for anight's stay and one week parking, it was very fair value,a nd of course teh people were very helpful and cordial.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Jan G
A TripAdvisor Member
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 February 2014

My wife and I had an early flight out of Newark so I stayed 1 night and along with my stay I was able to leave my car for the duration of my 7 day trip. Always stay at Doubletree Hotels because there are no surprises. Very nice accommodations, great staff, fair price and special treatment for Hilton Honors members. For a short stay and convenient acess to the airport excellent choice.

Brentwood, United States
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 February 2014

Room was fine, staff was great, hotel is convenient to airport. I am still amazed that these pricey hotels can get away without offering some of the free services (internet and breakfast). I paid too much for too little.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Freddy H, Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Newark Airport, responded to this review, 26 February 2014
Thank you for your review of your recent stay, we are so glad that you like our staff and location. We strive for personalized experience for each of our guests, actively looking for ways keep costs low and offer enhanced services for comfort and convenience. I appreciate your review as it provides feedback that I need to re-evaluate guest needs and make the necessary adjustments to our offerings.
NEW YORK
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 February 2014

The stay was for a funeral... The BAR gets THUMB UP for 2/7/14.... Great job Bartender & Cooks we had a great time there.... The stay was great wish we could have stayed longer.... The shuttle was good.... I wish some of the expensive for wi-fi was free but that's the hotel life.... Great job overall....

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
Freddy H, Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Newark Airport, responded to this review, 11 February 2014
Thank you for taking the time to share your recent experience with us and other travelers. I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. I will be sure to share your kind thoughts with the rest of the team especially F&B and transportation department. They would be thrilled to know that he had such an impact on your stay. We look forward to welcoming you back.
Littleton, United States
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 February 2014

- Long wait at airport for shuttle that was not FULL - Room was not up to standards. Bathroom and carpet needed a deep cleaning - Window view of rooftop air conditioners - Breakfast in restaurant was terrible. Buffet was not stocked, food was not hot, service was marginal, chairs were dirty and cushions were torn/worn out - no reply from management on concerns after 1 week

1 Thank John E
I appreciate your review of your recent experience at our hotel. I'm very sorry that you were treated with an undesirable level of service. Our front office manager have contacted you and we have addressed these issues with our staff. The next time you are in Newark. we would love to have you come back and experience a better level of customer service. Thank you once again for your comments
CA
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 February 2014 via mobile

Stayed for just one night after the airline stranded me here. No response when calling the hotel from the airport shuttle phone desk, but the shuttle showed up a couple minutes later anyhow, so no big deal, still, I thought it odd that no one picked up.
At check, you get a nice warm gooey cookie, that was a nice start.
Upon getting to my room on the 10th floor, there was a pardon the dust sign as they upgrade that area which appeared to be rather run down/dated.
Entering the room, it seemed very ordinary, 2 beds, a flat screen tv, older wood furniture showing plenty of wear, a small clock radio with aux input for an iPod, an aged bathroom and shower/tub with a curtain that wouldn't close due to the bar sagging from the wall. There was no safe provided, just a note on the door saying don't leave valuables, bring them all to the hotel safe.
The shower was ok, but it took about 3-4 minutes to finish draining after my shower.
Nice view of the airport, I could watch the planes take off and didn't have any real noticeable noise.
The gym was ok, enough equipment for 10 or so people to work out I'd say.
The pool was freezing, despite being indoors and looking ok, it was maybe 60* or so, I didn't get last my ankles.
The restaurant was decent, but there was no included breakfast as I had presumed there would be.
Also no free wifi, not even in the common areas. I stay mostly in overseas hotels where wifi and breakfast are pretty standard, so this was a bummer, but in fairness they did provide some public computers for use.
In the end, it just seemed old and lacking in modern standard amenities.

Stayed February 2014, travelled solo
Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your recent stay at our hotel. We sincerely appreciate your feedback and we’re very sorry you were unhappy with our guest rooms. We will take your comments under consideration as we continually work to improve our guest experience. We hope you will consider staying with us in the future.