“Good value for money”

Holiday Inn Express North Bergen - Lincoln Tunnel
Ranked #4 of 9 Hotels in North Bergen
Reviewed 17 October 2013 via mobile

First of all I must say that I booked this hotel for the price: 120€ vs more than 250€ for an hotel close to Times Square....where I had to go every morning for business.
Then the best thing is that there is an independent shuttle bus company offering trips from and to NY Manatthan(7$ round trip)!!! you can take it in front of the hotel lobby (leaves at 8 am-10 am and 12 am) and drops you at the corner between the 7th and the 41st in front of Red Lobster Restaurant.(trip back to the hotel at 8 pm-10 pm).
About 20 seats in the shuttle bus so I suggest to wait in the lobby at least
15 min before.
The shuttle bus takes you to Manatthan in about 40 min.

The hotel is nice, and I had a very big room with 2 queen size beds + flat panel TV + clean bathroom.
Nice breakfast but hot salty foods such as sausages or bacon were missing.
Free wifi

The location is bad! Just on a side of a very trafficated street and very close to the motorway...so NYC travelers would find it very good but tourists visiting Manatthan do not: no restaurants, no pubs, no shops, no walking areas around the hotel....just a service station where on the first night I bought my dinner... Chips, kit kat, a coke! The only eatable things!

So, if you are sure to go to Manatthan in the morning, to have lunch and dinner there and then to come back to the hotel in the evening just to rest and sleep in your room, this is probably the best and cheapest way to visit NYC.
But if you are thinking to stay out at night or if you cannot respect the bus timing, please consider that a taxi will cost you about 65-75$!!!!!So in this case it would be much better to pay more but staying directly on Manatthan.

Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express North Bergen - Lincoln Tunnel, responded to this reviewResponded 2 November 2013

Dear Andrea G,

Thank you for taking the time to convey your comments regarding your recent experience with us. It is really nice to know that you found the bathroom clean. on the other hand, please accept our sincere apologies for falling short of your expectations on some aspects of your stay. Kindly be assured that we treat this matter seriously as we always strive to deliver world-class service to our guests as this will be looked into. While we understand that your stay was not 100% satisfactory, we would hope that you would give us another chance to make your stay as best as it can be.

Karen G.

There are newer reviews for Holiday Inn Express North Bergen - Lincoln Tunnel

Reviewed 10 October 2013

Excellent service, clean and spacious rooms. Best part is frequent shuttle service to NYC which is so convenient. I have been visiting NYC almost every week for the past 8 weeks and i love this hotel.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Vijayesh
Reviewed 1 October 2013

Stayed here last weekend for a couple days in NYC. First off great location!!! So close to New Jersey Park and Ride to get into the city. The rooms are better than average, nice, clean, and comfortable. Having a microwave and mini fridge in the room was nice also. The AM hot breakfast was good and quick. Not many choices but enough for the morning to back some protein before heading off to the city.

Price is much better than paying for hotels in the city.

Front desk service was quick and relatively friendly.

If I'm gonna go to NYC again for a couple of days I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Legend54321
Reviewed 25 September 2013

The rooms are OK for seems to be expensive for other services, break fast better skip. The overall service mmh you will be lucky if you get it. The front office manager helped us which really needed to explore more. If you get below $100 / night then worth to stay or otherwise stay away.
Cleaniness is OK.

1  Thank Bhupeshrajan
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express North Bergen - Lincoln Tunnel, responded to this reviewResponded 10 October 2013

Dear Bhupeshrajan,

Thank you so much for your review of our hotel. It is great to hear that you enjoyed your room and the majority of features provided. I would like to apologize for the dissatisfaction you had experienced because of the service rates. We are hospitality professionals who work diligently to ensure our facilities are well maintained and we strive to provide service rates that are competitive in the area. It is certainly not our intent to inconvenience our valued customers, but to instead provide good value, comfortable, clean and friendly accommodations.

Janice A

Reviewed 17 September 2013

Hotel is conveniently located close to NYC. My family and I stayed here to visit Manhattan. Very clean hotel with nice staff. Good size rooms with free coffee and breakfast. The hotel has available private shuttle or alternately it is close to the public bus stop. Either way you can get into Manhattan very easily.

5  Thank FatG
Reviewed 13 September 2013

I stayed at this hotel last year over Thanksgiving Vacation and was pleased with everything. The room was spacey, comfortable and clean. The shuttle into the city was cheap and easy. However, I went back for a short visit and decided to stay here again and was almost shocked this is the same place I stayed less than one year ago. Our room was gross, dirty footprints still in the shower, hair on the floor, greasy handprints still on the headboards and dresser, paper towel in trash can from previous guest. The only thing that kept me from throwing a complete fit was the fact we didn't get checked in until 3am and was planning to be out by 9am, we were too exhausted to care at that point.
Breakfast is still good, nice selection of hot and cold foods. Shuttle is very convenient and cheap, drivers not so friendly and the shuttle times are kind of limited.
I would probably give this hotel one more chance based on our first experience.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends
5  Thank Pistachio26
Hotel M, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express North Bergen - Lincoln Tunnel, responded to this reviewResponded 14 September 2013

Thank you for your return trip .It is with great concern and regret we received your feedback outlining the problem you had with our service. First and foremost i would like to personally apologize for your inconvenience. i am sorry to hear about the cleanliness of the room. We value our customers and their opinion. We apologize any disappointment you have experienced. I trust the action would be taken on your behalf will bring a sense of resolution and satisfaction concerning this matter. I assure you we are taking the necessary steps to prevent it from happening in the future. Thank you for bringing this matter to our attention.
we look forward to continuing serving you as a valued guest . Best regards!

Reviewed 6 September 2013

Worst hotel experience ever! We booked using a third party and not directly with the hotel. We requested two queens as we were travelling as a family. Prior to travelling I always call the hotel to ensure the reservation is there. I called the Sunday before arriving and was told I had a king and couldn’t switch. I was told I could speak to the manager. After three attempts to speak to her the end result was we needed to pay $40 per night extra to go from a king to two queens. In our extensive travels, we have never had to pay to switch bed types. When we arrived in NYC we were going to check in late so I contacted the hotel to let them know, as soon as I said my name, I was hung up on. This happened 6 times before I realized it was not a phone issue but I was actually getting hung up on. Check in was fine, we got to our room, it was filthy. Beds made, trash emptied, that’s about it. There were tears in the sheets and cigarette burns on the green blanket. The furniture must get dusted bi-monthly as I could write in the dust and our feet were black from walking around barefoot. After my initial contact with the manager I decided it best not to discuss the filth in our rooms and make the best of our vacation. The next day, my husband and I spoke to Hina Vakharia, the manager to discuss where the sum of $40 came from. She quoted me two prices, neither of which came to the sum of $40. I told her that she could not randomly assign extra charges.. As she raised her voice and was becoming very defensive, my husband tried to lighten the mood and said “I wanted two beds so I don’t need to sleep in the same bed with my wife, she snores”(I don’t) Her response to this was “With your choice of wife I can see why you would want two beds.” Unlike my husband, she was not kidding. I asked her who owned the hotel and she refused to tell me. She then flat out refused to speak to me. When we went to check out, Hina was not there and the young man told me that there were no charges, I asked if he was sure and he said they were not on there. I asked for an account balance showing this but because there were no charges he said that there was no bill. We returned this week to find our visa with the $120 charge. This really isn’t about the money, but about the horrific customer service and appalling filth in this hotel. I usually do not write reviews of this nature, but thanks to Hina, who has a letter left on each bed stating “We encourage you to rate a “10” on any Hotel service which you may receive in the future., I remembered to write this.

5  Thank tp5
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express North Bergen - Lincoln Tunnel, responded to this reviewResponded 16 September 2013

Dear tp5,

Thank you for taking the time to write us a review regarding your recent stay. Providing excellent customer service is one of the things we pride ourselves on and I am sincerely sorry to read that in this case you feel we have fallen short of your expectations. I would love the opportunity to regain your faith in our hotel and would welcome the opportunity to discuss your stay in further details. We have sent you a private message to obtain additional detail regarding your stay.

Once again, thank you for your feedback and we look forward to hearing from you soon.

Janice A

#3 of 9 in North Bergen
Sheraton Lincoln Harbor Hotel
Hyatt Place Secaucus/Meadowlands
Hilton Garden Inn Secaucus / Meadowlands

Been to Holiday Inn Express North Bergen - Lincoln Tunnel? Share your experiences!