First of all I must say that I booked this hotel for the price: 120€ vs more than 250€ for an hotel close to Times Square....where I had to go every morning for business.
Then the best thing is that there is an independent shuttle bus company offering trips from and to NY Manatthan(7$ round trip)!!! you can take it in front of the hotel lobby (leaves at 8 am-10 am and 12 am) and drops you at the corner between the 7th and the 41st in front of Red Lobster Restaurant.(trip back to the hotel at 8 pm-10 pm).
About 20 seats in the shuttle bus so I suggest to wait in the lobby at least
15 min before.
The shuttle bus takes you to Manatthan in about 40 min.
The hotel is nice, and I had a very big room with 2 queen size beds + flat panel TV + clean bathroom.
Nice breakfast but hot salty foods such as sausages or bacon were missing.
The location is bad! Just on a side of a very trafficated street and very close to the motorway...so NYC travelers would find it very good but tourists visiting Manatthan do not: no restaurants, no pubs, no shops, no walking areas around the hotel....just a service station where on the first night I bought my dinner... Chips, kit kat, a coke! The only eatable things!
So, if you are sure to go to Manatthan in the morning, to have lunch and dinner there and then to come back to the hotel in the evening just to rest and sleep in your room, this is probably the best and cheapest way to visit NYC.
But if you are thinking to stay out at night or if you cannot respect the bus timing, please consider that a taxi will cost you about 65-75$!!!!!So in this case it would be much better to pay more but staying directly on Manatthan.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Holiday Inn Express offers a first-class hotel experience in the heart of the New York Metro area. This North Bergen hotel is minutes from New York University, Continental Airlines Arena, the Empire State Building, Jacob K. Javits Convention Center and Columbia University. The Newark Liberty International Airport is 10 miles away. The hotel is easily accessible from Route 1, Route 9, Route 3 and the New Jersey Turnpike. Newark Penn Station is also close to the hotel. Manhattan and New York City are minutes away via the Lincoln Tunnel, Holland Tunnel and George Washington Bridge. Greenwich Village, Madison Square Garden Arena, Times Square and Broadway are also nearby. This North Bergen hotel features a daily free, hot, Continental breakfast buffet. Additional amenities include free local calls, free weekday newspaper and free coffee. Guests will also enjoy the 24-hour exercise room and outdoor pool. Business travelers will appreciate conveniences like free high-speed Internet access in the room and access to copy and fax services. Our meeting room can accommodate up to 20 people for most events and business functions. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, IHG, Expedia, Hotels.com, Ebookers, 5viajes2012 S.L., HotelQuickly and getaroom.com so you can book your Holiday Inn Express North Bergen - Lincoln Tunnel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Express North Bergen - Lincoln Tunnel Hotel North Bergen
- Palace Hotel New Jersey
- Holiday Inn Express Lincoln Tunnel