Holiday Inn Express North Bergen - Lincoln Tunnel
Quality Suites(North Bergen)
US$135
US$118
QualityInn
Fairfield Inn & Suites North Bergen(North Bergen)(Great Value!)
US$171
Fairfield Inn
  • Breakfast included
US$101
US$212
EmbassySuites.com
  • Breakfast included
US$199
All reviewslincoln tunnelthe busnew yorkshuttle servicetimes squarefree breakfastoutdoor poolthe holiday innbagelsbeds were very comfortablecinnamon rollsfree parkingbreakfast roominto nycpull out couchport authorityflat screen tv
Reviewed 5 August 2014

We stayed at this location in June 2014-for several days, then we went to Boston for a few days and returned for another night. We had NO problems at all-it was clean, comfy and the employees were awesome. Due to its proximity to NYC, it was very busy; nonetheless, the ladies in charge of the breakfast buffet managed to keep up while maintaining good spirits regardless of rude and ill behaved children. The shuttle is NOT owned by HIE but its a great amenity. I plan on returning next spring to bring my great niece to experience NYC for her 16th birthday and I have NO qualms about returning to this hotel.

Room Tip: The hotel was being maintained/updated when we were there...the first room we stayed in was a bit small and had no closet; but we were only there to sleep-we were on a mission to explore NYC and were gone all day every day.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 26 July 2014

We chose this hotel because we have stayed at many Holiday Inn Express hotels, and it was close to NYC. Although this wasn't quite as nice as some of the HIE we've stayed at in the past, it was nice to be so close to NYC and to be able to start each day off with the convenient, free breakfast. My main caution is to those with asthma, migraines or anyone who can't tolerate the chemical smell of air fresheners. The hallways had a strong smell at times, and the rooms have an air freshener inside the air conditioner. This made us feel ill the first night, but I will say that when I called the front desk regarding the problem, someone came to our room within minutes to remove the air freshener. Considering this hotel is near a busy area, the traffic didn't affect our sleep at all. Inside the hotel seemed pretty quiet at night, too. The breakfast area was nice, but the pool area could use updating. The Wi-Fi rarely worked, which was frustrating. We drove about 8 minutes to Secaucus Junction to ride the train into NYC each day, so I can't offer an opinion about the third party shuttle service that stops by the hotel. I just know that the days we stayed, there were thunderstorms in the evening, so I wouldn't have wanted to be waiting outside for shuttle service on those days. Parking at the train station was more expensive, but since the trains make very frequent trips (and it took less than 10 minutes to arrive at Penn Station), it was convenient to decide when we wanted to go back to the hotel.

1  Thank LFBOhio
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express North Bergen - Lincoln Tunnel, responded to this reviewResponded 11 August 2014

Dear LFBOhio,

Thank you for taking the time to express your thoughts and concerns. We are so glad you liked the location of our hotel in the area. We would like to apologize for the unusual smell you noticed during your stay. We also apologize you were not satisfied with our pool facility and the challenges you had with our WiFi. We work very hard to ensure our facilities and guest services are superior and strive to be the best hotel around. For that reason, the comments are troubling and will certainly be looked into. Thank you for staying and we all hope to have an opportunity to serve you again on your next future visit.

Anthony M
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed 24 July 2014

we went to this hotel after having read all the positive reviews. This was our 4 th time in NY, but the first time with our son. We chose this hotel because of the free parking at the hotel (and because we didn't want to drive ourselves into the city) and the shuttle bus to Times square (just a 20 minute ride). First impression when we drove up to the hotel : where did we arrive ??? This hotel is situated just outside the city in the middle of cross points of highways (busy !!!) and in a very industrial zone. Nothing attractive about that. If this would have been our first time in NY, we would have returned home straight away !!!! We arrived at the hotel at noon. We had prebooked + paid the hotel for the next 4 nights. The receptionist was very clear, sorry room available at 3. OK, I understand that. but it was 30 ° C, no place to go to and a 7 year old in the car. So I said, ok, but can we have access to the outside pool at least ? no not possible... so I pushed a little harder and finally he said : ok i'll give you your room... 5 minutes later we had a room... waw, is that a hotel service ???? the room was a standard HI room, no complaints about the size. but unfortunately, not well kept. the room was really dirty. hairs in the bathroom, in the bath and very used towels and when we opened them up, again, hair fell out... so really disappointed. At night, no way to sleep without the airco on if you didn't want to hear all the noise outside. the breakfast was included. But the capacity of the "dining room" was not sufficient. So very crowded in the morning, cafeteria style at school... one lady filling up the stock. don't dare to ask her something, had one standard answer "no"... finally, the shuttle bus, why we came here, it's an old bus, also not well kept, does it does it's thing. it brings you to Times square. but safety ??? to be honest, I don't think it should still be allowed to be on the road. and people, it's not for free... for the 3 of us 32 USD round way. ok reasonable price, but I did hear people complaining at the reception that it was mentioned as a service of the hotel, but not that it was against a price. so I can imagine it's kind of a disappointment if you arrive with that idea. I have one advice, pay a little more, stay in Manhattan and enjoy NY 110 % !!!!

5  Thank globetrotterBrussels
Hotel M, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express North Bergen - Lincoln Tunnel, responded to this reviewResponded 29 July 2014

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave us your feedback. Your comments are highly valuable to us and will assist us in our continuous efforts to maintain and improve the service level we aim for. I am dishearten to know that you had a dissatisfactory stay at our hotel and apologize for the shortfalls you have encountered.Words cannot express how truly sorry we are for the anxiety, frustration and inconvenience that we caused. This is especially saddening because We are committed to you, our valued customers, and are taking immediate corrective steps to regain your confidence in us. We have begun taking steps to improve the guest satisfaction and making the experience happier and easier for everyone who chooses to stay with us. I appreciate feedback that we receive, whether positive and negative to ensure we provide the best level of service and facilities that we can give to our guests. Thank you again for your review and I hope to have an opportunity of serving you again.

Reviewed 22 July 2014

This hotel was very nice for the price and the breakfast was better than most. Not just continental, it had eggs, sausages, biscuits and gravy, cereal, yogurt, muffins, bagels, fruit and more. Staff kept the food well stocked with constant crowds in the breakfast room. Beds were large and comfy. Everything was clean. Staff was friendly and helpful. Location not super convenient to get to NYC or to walk to restaurants. Car is helpful. (We drove to Liberty State Park and took water taxi to city).

1  Thank Judy Y
Hotel M, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express North Bergen - Lincoln Tunnel, responded to this reviewResponded 23 July 2014

Dear Guest ,
Thank you for the great feed back , We are extremely delighted to know that you have enjoyed your stay with us .It was a privilege to serve you ,
We hope to be your proffered choice of hotel for your future plans .
Thank you again and we look forward to serve you in future .

Reviewed 22 July 2014

Sadly, I can't think of one nice thing to say about this property. The room stunk, the walls are paper thin, the internet works on and off, mostly off, and even the TV kept shutting off and needed a re-boot.

The room next door had a party until 2:30 am at which point I'd finally had enough and called the front desk. They made some sort of effort and the people were not as loud for a while, but within a half an hour it was a full-blown party again.

It should be noted that the hotel does have a shuttle to NYC for a price, but if you want to drive yourself, it's a $13 toll each way for cash and a discounted price depending on peak or non-peak hours if you use EZ Pass. I didn't want to have to adhere to the shuttle's schedule. But it's a very slow-go through that tunnel so just staying in NYC is a much better choice.

I was supposed to stay three nights, but left after one. The front desk didn't even care to ask me why I was checking out early so I took that as meaning they're used to it.

For just a few bucks more, I moved to a Doubletree in Hell's Kitchen, in the city, which is a wonderful property, and no need for a rental car since subway access is so close. It is a wonderful property.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank Kenneth M

Dear Guest,
Thank you for your review .We are sorry that you did not have positive experience during your stay ,Hotel is working hard on improving our staff's ability to take care of our guest to offer you a comfortable accommodation, we sincerely apologize if we fell short in our goal .We have created ongoing training program for all of our employees to improve the guest satisfaction , we would like to invite you in future to experience the change , Again we apologize for the inconvenience and hope to see you as a future guest .
sincerely ,