“Confirmation number does not equal having a room”
Review of Quality Suites

Quality Suites
Ranked #3 of 8 Hotels in North Bergen
ohio
“Confirmation number does not equal having a room”
Reviewed 20 November 2013

I had booked this hotel with an online vendor for 3 nights. I had changed my check in date one day later. I modified it within the time before any penalties could occur. When I came to check in, they did not have my reservation! The manager on duty asked if I had a confirmation number. She had it in her hand when I said I was here to check in. After checking on her computer, she said the modified reservation wasn't in her system. The original reservation was in the system but they considered it a no show and cancelled my entire reservation. They said it was the online vendor's fault and there's nothing they could do.

I asked if they had any rooms available and was told they were booked full. I had to ask if they could help find a different hotel then since having a confirmation here means nothing. The manager had said if we had booked directly with them, then my reservation would have been guaranteed.

After I returned home, I noticed they charged me the first night as a no show. I called the hotel and explained what happened and how they didn't have my room and never even stayed there and was still charged for something that was not my fault. I was told that the charge has been released out of their system and should be credited in about 5-7 business days. Couple weeks went by and I remembered to check to see if that charge was credited back and it's still there. I talked to the general manager and he said he would check in to it. That was almost a week ago. He hasn't replied to any email or voicemail I left asking about any updates on this matter.

After this fiasco, I will not recommend this hotel to anyone. Just because you have a confirmation number, doesn't mean you even have a room at this place.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends
3 Thank oceanblue1215
ComfortSuitesNJ, General Manager at Quality Suites, responded to this review, 21 November 2013
Thank you for taking the time to complete our online survey regarding your recent stay at Comfort Suites.

Allow me to apologize on behalf of our hotel for failing to meet your expectations regarding your recent reservation. As we had spoken, we had requested for some time to find as to why the change in your reservation did not come through our system at our end and it went as a no-show. We are still looking into this and need time to respond to you accordingly.

Again, thank you for your time and valuable feedback. We sincerely appreciate it and hope you will give us another chance to provide you with superior service and accommodations on your next visit to North Bergen.

Kind Regards,

2013920008

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (45)
  • Finnish first
  • Turkish first
Trieste, Italy
Reviewed 20 November 2013

15 minutes far from Port Authority Bus Terminal (gate 51) in New York by bus (3.- USD). So the hotel is well located. And cheap, compared to most of the hotels around. Comfy huge bed, mostly highly clean. And quiet, despite the main road where it sits. Good, vary and rich breakfast. The staff was nice, even if they didn't tell me about the cheapest bus, they didn't give me a plug adaptor and they didn't give me the room I actually booked and paid for (the one with the kitchen...)

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with family

Picton, Canada
Reviewed 2 November 2013

We stayed at the Comfort Suites for four nights. All of us were pleasantly surprised by the quality of the service and the convenience of the location to midtown Manhattan as well as to a nice restaurant next door. The staff were polite, friendly and accommodating, especially regarding information about New York attractions. There was a complimentary hot breakfast available each morning with plenty of choices and the menu was changed somewhat from day to day. The rooms were very clean, quite large and had nice comfortable beds. Free parking is available in a well lighted area. The hotel itself is close to the Lincoln Tunnel and within a few minutes of the Park and Ride. For seniors, the price for the Park and Ride is $6.20 which includes all day parking as well as a return bus ticket to the bus terminal by Times Square. After calling a couple of the other hotels with equivalent features in the area, I decided on this hotel as it had the best rate. The rest was a bonus. Great dollar value!

Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends
ComfortSuitesNJ, General Manager at Quality Suites, responded to this review, 4 November 2013
Dear Jean Marc,

Thank you for taking the time to complete the online survey regarding your recent stay at our hotel.

boston ma.
Reviewed 24 October 2013

We stayed at the Comfort Suites and found it to be a really good value with a great staff. Staying on a Wednesday includes a nice "manager's reception" with beer, wine and a nice assortment of cheese and crackers with fresh fruit and bake shop cookies. Breakfast is included with Belgian Waffles, juices, cooked eggs and saugage, bagels, croissants, danish pastries, cereals and is served in a nice clean breakfast room.

Some reviews claimed the rooms were dirty that was not the case for us. There were two beds one King and one Queen plenty of towels and the room was twice the size of a NYC room at half the price. The area is just off the New jersey Pike and was 15 minutes from SOHO through the Holland Tunnel and the same time from Midtown through the Lincoln. Of course traffic can make these time unreal during commuter times.

Parking is free the staff went out of their way to be nice to us and said the Comfort Suites will be completely done over in their public spaces by the time we next come back. Check with the Comfort Suites for discounted rates that beat the other normal online sites for the best price.

Room Tip: Stay in the back to avoid any road noise.
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
Dear Jean Marc,

Eugene, Oregon
Reviewed 24 October 2013

This hotel was about a 15-minute shuttle ride to downtown Manhattan, and the rate way less than anything comparable in New York City. The room was large, clean and comfortable. Hotel staff was very friendly and helpful. Breakfast was good with lots of choices. The shuttle worked fine the first day we used it. On the second day it got very full, requiring a change to a larger bus and lots of delay while the driver found someone who could communicate with non-English speaking riders--very service oriented, but not very concerned about everyone's time. Probably best to take the earlier shuttle to save time!

The neighborhood is not much: no little stores or cafes, or anything else of interest in the area. We braved a walk to a large grocery store, with the desk clerk offering helpful directions. Our walk was safe enough but involved noisy, heavy-traffic streets. Still, the overall value was good and we would recommend it for others wanting proximity to NYC without paying too much for a good night's sleep.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank webfoot1047

Kind Regards,

montreal
Reviewed 23 October 2013

Excellent service, clean and comfortable. I was there over Thanksgiving weekend with a group of 52 college students and colleagues. We didn't spend much time at the hotel but it was just what we needed after long days in New York City. The location is out of the way but it's worth the drive to get some peace and quiet. There was a continental breakfast that was perfect for us, the rooms were large and the staff was friendly and helpful.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
ComfortSuitesNJ, General Manager at Quality Suites, responded to this review, 24 October 2013

Reviewed 27 September 2013

We decided to stay here a couple of nights before our cruise to Canada so we could save some money and still have time to looked around New York City. They also allow you to leave your car parked in their lot for $10 a night while you are cruising. Our room was very spacious and seemed clean but the queen beds in our room were not up to Comfort Inn standards. They were very uncomfortable and my husband weighs quite a bit more than me so I continually rolled towards him though out the night. The ceiling in the bathroom above the shower was falling apart and looked like there was mold growing under the paint. The water pressure in the shower was very poor. We were supposed to stay another night when we returned from the cruise but decided to cancel it and stay somewhere else.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with family

Ramada Jersey City
Ramada Jersey City
#7 of 14 in Jersey City
3.5 of 5 bubbles 1,074 reviews

Been to Quality Suites? Share your experiences!