Myself and My Wife, as well as another couple (friends of ours) stayed here this weekend on our Christmas trip to NYC. We checked in Saturday afternoon, dropped our bags, and went right into NYC. Upon arriving back to the hotel around midnight, we were excited to use the hot tub in our room --- Only to find the water to be completely yellow as we began filling the tub... Both of our rooms (2 floors apart) expierenced the same water issue. After calling the Front Desk, we were told it was too late to do anything about it tonight, and that there was no one who was able to come up to check. (Wished we would have thought to take a picture of the yellow water, but after that, started taking pictures of the other issues).We continued running water, and finally the third time we filled the tub, it had cleared up. Unfortunatley, only 2 of the many jets in the tub were actually working. The next morning upon Check Out, we explained the situation again, and were told since there was no proof, and the water wasn't yellow anymore that no credit would be offered (even though when we tried to have them come up and check, they refused). The only thing they offered was to have the manager call us Monday.
For the most part, the room decor and bed were nice --- but there were numerous other issues we continued to find, that led me to the conclusion that we will NEVER stay here again.
1) Pictured on the website is a Whirlpool Room with a large 2-person heart shaped tub in the room... Unfortunatley, our room, had a small - 1-person kidney bean shaped tub, and our friends room had a 2-person older pink rectangler tub --- Neither the one advertised for the room we chose and paid for. (see pictures)
2) The Room Itself --- The bathroom tub/shower was old and broken, and the toliet was dirty! The carpet had something sticky mashed into it, and there was an electrical outlet in front of the bed mattress that was not covered and hanging out of the wall! (see pictures).
3) They are renovating a room on the 5th floor, and had all of the hallway smoke detectors covered and taped (illegal?). (see picture)
4) The hot breakfast consisted of lunch meat ham slices, and hard boiled eggs, both submerged in hot water... (see picture)
After not receiving a call this morning (Monday) from the manager, I called him directly... After 2 phone calls, and a fight back and forth, I was finally able to get him to offer us a 20% credit on what we paid for the rooms... I don't see how this is acceptable to charge someone for a room that was 1) clearly not clean and safe to be occupied, 2) Wasn't the room advertised, and 3) The whirlpool was feature that we paid over $50 extra for over the regular room, wasn't even usable! I believe at least 50% if not more, of the room charge should be refunded for the many inconvieniences, and will be calling Choice Hotels directly - because we will NEVER stay here again.
Still waiting for the manager's promised confirmation e-mail and proof of the 20% credit --- so we'll see if it ever shows up on credit card???
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Choice Hotels, Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd, 5viajes2012 S.L., Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your Quality Suites reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Comfort Suites North Bergen Hotel North Bergen
- North Bergen Comfort Suites