“Cheap hotel” 3 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #3 of 8 Hotels in North Bergen
Nova Scotia, Canada
“Cheap hotel”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 January 2014

I stayed at this hotel for 1 night in sept 2013. Front desk was friendly and helpful.

Rooms were dated and beds very uncomfortable!

We stayed here because it was cheap and a good price while close to new york city!

Love the idea of the bus that take you to nyc for only 13 dollars usd.

No free breakfast and no pool at this hotel!

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
DaysInnNB-NYC, Manager at Meadowlands View Hotel, responded to this review, 27 January 2014
We were glad to hear that you had an enjoyable stay with us. We offer two restaurants on property for the convenience of our valued guests. We also offer free wi-fi and complimentary parking to our guests. Hope you can stay with us again!! We appreciate your business and hope to be of service to you again in the near future.

Safe Travels!!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (82)
  • Arabic first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
Miami, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 January 2014

I was so amazed by the days inn, it was my first time staying here and of course I had to do my research before I picked this place to book. I read some reviews and decided to go with the days inn, it was convenient for me to choose this place it was cold and when I stay at hotels I have to make sure it’s perfect for me. So I reserved my room and it exactly what I needed, I kind felt like I was at home you know. I really enjoyed my stay

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Laura K
DaysInnNB-NYC, Manager at Meadowlands View Hotel, responded to this review, 17 January 2014
Thank you Laura!! We appreciate your kind comments. We thrive on guest satisfaction and the hospitality that we provide. We appreciate your business and hope you stay with us again in the near future. Safe travels!
Vienna, Austria
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 January 2014

I loved the décor the hotel inside was beautiful, the atmosphere when I walk in was so clean and fresh I felt good, and relaxed. I had a long trip from north Caroline and I just stopped by the days inn because my family was in town, and I was extremely tired and couldn’t drive anymore.  When I tell you the front desk didn’t ask any questions they checked me in with no problems gave me menus, and supplied me with information on shopping locations and their NYC shuttles busses. My room was lovely I had a rather large comfortable bed.  I woke up the next morning ate breakfast at the café (which I may say was very delicious) and left.  I would definitely recommend it to all my friends.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank coyi t
Thank you for your kind comments. We are completely happy that you were satisfied with your stay. Our staff is well trained in customer satisfaction. I'm so glad you enjoyed your breakfast in our Café. It's one of my favorite places to eat as well. Hope you come back to stay with us!!
New York
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 January 2014

the shuttle which travel us from day inn to manathan, was not very well? the cost:12 dolar us/person, it's expansive , the latest hours: 22h00, and the personnel want win money and only so they are not very amazing

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

Sorry to hear that you weren't satisfied with the shuttle service. This service is offered by an outside contractor. I will relay your comments to him. His name is Omar Khadri and he is the owner of Golden Eagle Transportation. If there are any issues, please feel free to contact him directly at 201.601.7777.

Although I am sorry to hear about the inconvenience with the shuttle service and I happy that you had no issues with the hotel directly. Hope you stay with us again in the near future.
Belfast
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 January 2014

I booked this hotel because it was cheap. To be honest I wanted to come on and give it 4 stars because in my experience people just like to complain. First of all the positives, it's outside New York but travel into the city is easy. The hotel is ok but it's in the middle of a motorway network, there is absolutely nothing around it. There is no bar and the restaurant was basic hamburger and chips but if you want this as a base whilst you tour New York in the day, this is not an issue. I would strongly advise against using the shuttle service located in the lobby. On my first evening after a very, very long day, I went into New York for a couple of hours. I came back 10 minutes early for the return bus and there was only myself and a couple on it. The bus driver waited a full 50 minutes until the bus filled up before leaving. He told outright lies that we'd missed the 10 pm bus which was around the corner. I've never been to New York before and in retrospect I wish I hadn't stayed here as I missed the whole New York feel. The hotel and the staff are ok, the shuttle service and those who run it are dishonest.

Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
2 Thank Arthur M
Sorry to hear you weren't completely satisfied regarding your stay with us. To clarify some confusion, we have two restaurants on property. One is located on the Lobby Level and serves breakfast daily 6:30-12noon. The other restaurant is located on our 12th Floor and has a variety menu of lamb chops, pastas, pizza, burgers and many nightly specials. There is also a bar/lounge located on our 12th floor which is open nightly 4pm - 12midnight (times may vary depending on guest needs).

I have also contacted the Owner/Operator of the Golden Shuttle Service regarding your comments. The shuttle service is operated by an independent contractor and not the hotel directly. If you would also like to contact Mr. Omar Khandi, his number is 201.601.7777.

We appreciate your business and hope to be of service to you in the near future. I would also like to apologize for the inconvenience. This is not a normal occurrence.
Also consider these accommodations in or near North Bergen
#2 of 15 in Secaucus
Red Roof PLUS+ Secaucus/Meadowlands
Hilton Garden Inn Secaucus / Meadowlands
Sheraton Lincoln Harbor Hotel

Been to Meadowlands View Hotel? Share your experiences!