“Would Stay There Again”

Meadowlands View Hotel
Ranked #4 of 9 Hotels in North Bergen
Reviewed 24 July 2014

We had a nice stay at this hotel. They room was clean and nice. The bathroom was updated and beautiful. The towels, bedding, and appliances appeared to be new. There was a safe in the room, which I appreciated. All of our interactions with the hotel staff were positive.
We ate at the cafe for breakfast two mornings. The first morning, the service was excrutiatingly slow and my order got misunderstood multiple times. The second morning, the service was prompt and perfect. The food itself, was fine.
As for the shuttle bus, I wish we had taken their shuttle both days. The first day we took it to the city and back. It was no hassle and a good deal. The second day we decided to try the city bus to the NYC. When we got to the stop, there were two other shuttle companies ready to take us to the city. The trip to the city was fine and cheap, but the ride home was a nightmare. They forgot to drop us back off in North Bergen and we ended up an hour away before they put us on some other shuttle to take us back. TAKE THE HOTEL SHUTTLE!!!
I would definitely stay at this hotel again. The price could not be beat. I called the hotel directly for a price instead of my usual reservation through Hotwire. My AARP discount made the price even better.
No offense, North Bergen, but your city is a little grungy. So is NYC though.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a remodeled bathroom. The only noise we really heard was from the elevator cabl...
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family

Reviewed 14 July 2014

The Location of the hotel is far away from Downtown. You won't find anything nearby. The restaurant opens on Wednesady only. Rest of the days??????????????????. The hotel promises Shuttle service but remember it is a paid one. The rooms are advertised with PLAZMA but you will find TV's Only. If the weather is not clear there will be no TV signal. Lots more to say but with heavy heart i am giving it a 2 Star rating.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
3  Thank Rajivved
DaysInnNB-NYC, Manager at Meadowlands View Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 16 July 2014

Hello Rajiwed,
I would like to personally apologize for any inconveniences you experienced during your stay. With the storm we recently had, we did experience some issues with signal. The cable provider has come to fix this issue. The plazma tv's as stated on our hotel site, are only in specific remodeled rooms. Guests are welcome to request such type room as charges may vary. The 12th floor Meadowlands View Restaurant is in face open six days a week, Tues - Sun from 4 pm -11 pm and the bar/lounge is open until midnight or later. I would like to send you a complimentary drink or meal voucher for the 12th floor restaurant, if you are interested in visiting us again. Please contact me so that I may send you the vouchers. We apologize for the inconveniences and we hope that you give us the opportunity to correct any issues you may have experienced.

Reviewed 13 July 2014

Hotel was clean, but not impressed. Nightmare getting to the hotel with all the construction. The toilet backed up into our shower. We had two kids that needed baths, we waited for almost 4 hrs before maintenance showed up. By then the tub had drained and feces remained. We also couldn't get any extra pillows. All of us are used to 2 pillows and we were disenchanted with a hotel that does not have extra pillows. Hotel refused to discount the bill for the first night.

Room Tip: check cable to make sure it works
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family

Hello Cindy,
First, I would like to apologize for the issues you experienced while staying with us. I am sorry for the inconvenience of construction in any surrounding areas. The maintenance worker must have been extremely busy to not have gotten to your room sooner. I can assure you that this is not our normal level of service. I would like to obtain some information regarding your stay. I appreciate your business and would like to speak to you in regards to a discounted stay during your next visit. Please feel free to contact me personally so that I may do my best to make your next visit as comfortable as possible.

Reviewed 9 July 2014

Have stayed here several times and each stay was nice. The location was great even though it was a short walk to catch bus into the city. Front desk was pleasant and friendly. Room was clean and well maintained. Didn't go to the restaurant or bar. The cost for the room was comparable to others this time of year. If you are going to the city, I would recommend this hotel for a weekend stay.

Room Tip: Quiet on back of hotel.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank PoppyC64
DaysInnNB-NYC, Manager at Meadowlands View Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 17 July 2014

Hello PoppyC,
I appreciate you taking the time to review our hotel. Thank you for your business. We take pride in our convenient location near NYC and affordable rates compared to NYC hotels. During your next visit, check our shuttle service rates so that you may conveniently be picked up directly from the hotel to NYC. We hope to see you in the near future!

Reviewed 6 July 2014

First time traveling to NYC. I never booked a hotel room before and the service was great. When calling the Days Inn i spoke with a young lady by the name of Stacey. She was so kind and very patient because I had several question I needed answered. When checking in was happy to see the lady who made my reservation..Even though check in wasnt until three Stacey was nice enough to get me a room so me and my children didnt have to wait. The room was decent size and very clean. The shuttle service wasnt always on time and had to wait about ten minutes.They have a cafe that serves breakfast in the morning. from 7am. till noon. But over all experiance was great. Very close to to NYC .Would recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
DaysInnNB-NYC, Manager at Meadowlands View Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 8 July 2014

Hello Sarah,
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I am pleased to hear that you and your family had a great experience and that one of our front desk agents was more than capable of helping. We take pride in our customer service and strive to surpass high standards. We apologize for the shuttle service. With the busy tourist season in NYC, traffic permits the driver from being prompt at times. Please feel free to book directly with us for your next visit by calling 201-348-3600 or visiting www.hoteldays.com. We look forward to seeing you soon!

Reviewed 5 July 2014

Blonde girl "Stacey" at the front desk horrible attitude and the Spanish old lady at the restaurant as well took my wrong order both nights..! Food there was extremely salty and the tilapia uncooked .. Disgusting! Only good thing they have going for them is the bar and those coconut mojitos! Rooms were also dirty ... Wouldn't reccomend this place to anyone!

• Stayed: June 2014
1  Thank Just_one69
Reviewed 1 July 2014

My son and i were doing a quick one day tour of NYC and stayed here in mid June 2014. I picked the hotel for the price (staying in Manhattan is ridiculously $$$$$) and the location (close to NYC still). I picked perfectly. The hotel is newer, clean and nice. VERY VERY friendly and helpful staff at the desk. Upon arrival I realized I had somehow messed up the dates that I planned on arriving for and was supposed to arrive the NEXT day. The super helpful gal at the front desk called orbitz, switched the dates and even got me the same rate! (Orbitz on the other hand charged me $30 more than they said they would, but it wasnt the hotels fault, dang Orbitz!!!). We took the shuttle in to Times Square (they drop you about two blocks away) for $20 for two people round trip when a cab is about $50 one way! Perfect! The next morning we checked out, had breakfast at the nice first floor restaurant (no free breakfast here) and were off to the Statue of Liberty (only 4 miles away!). Perfect stay.

Room Tip: All rooms are great.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
4  Thank Jeff K
MeadowlandsVH-NB, Director of Sales at Meadowlands View Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 16 November 2017

Thanks for staying with us. We work hard to make our guests happy and appreciate your feedback!

Also consider these accommodations in or near North Bergen
#2 of 15 in Secaucus
Hilton Garden Inn Secaucus / Meadowlands
2 mi away
Fairfield Inn & Suites North Bergen

Been to Meadowlands View Hotel? Share your experiences!