“Great stay, few issues”

Reviewed 13 August 2014

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with Days Inn

Reviewed 12 August 2014

Needed a place to stay while in the area on business and most other hotels were booked. I was able to get a room here but all they had were suites and I accepted. The term Suite must not mean the same thing in this area as this was one of the smallest rooms I have ever rented anywhere in the US or Canada. The room was newly updated in an art-deco kind of way with black and white theme. The bed was about 17" off of the floor and the mattress was more like a futon than inner-spring. There was not more than 2' on any one side of the bed so walk carefully at night. Staff was ok but did seem to be a bit in a hurry all of the time.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 11 August 2014

The room was smaller than what we are use to when we stay at this hotel but the management compensated us by reducing the price, so we were okay with that. With the room being small the air conditioner blew directly on the person sleeping closer to it. Next time we come we will ask where the room is located and know not to take the ones at the end of the hallway.

Review collected in partnership with Days Inn
Reviewed 10 August 2014

Back from visit New York city! Booked from the website hotel with the breakfast include staying in room, but finally the angry women at the lobby cafe tell me that it's not included! I've show my confirmation order on my ipad to the guy at the reception and he tell me that the website is not up to date, but i've pay my suites 50 bucks more than another for this, for nothing! I've finally decide to let it go... Really poor service! When my room was ready, 2 hour after the check-in, i've found blood on the bathroom door, disgusting ... The window let pass the noise because it don't close completely, and impossible to open! The bed are hard as a rock! I've slept with earplug because of the noise of the hotel room door that close, and the famous window that is not airtight, at least it was in the summer! That's my experience! To avoid!

3  Thank Patrice B
DaysInnNB-NYC, Manager at Meadowlands View Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 11 August 2014

Hello Patrice,
I want to personally apologize for your experience with your reservation and the cafe. I can assure you that this is not our normal level service. I would like to speak to you personally in regards to this matter so that I can obtain some information regarding your reservation. Please call me at 201-271-0404.

Desiree Ruiz

Reviewed 10 August 2014

Bad customer service!! We made the reservation directly via the Days Inn North Bergen web site booking a business room for 3 nights WITH the breakfast, for 50$ more than a regular room. THe first morning we were told that the hotel doesn't offer anymore the breakfast with their reservation and that their web site wasn't updated … At our check-out, we told the front desk girl that we didn't have the breakfast we paid for and the only thing she gave us was a non-valid vouchers and told us that we made the reservation via a third parties(such a lie!!) and they cannot give us a discount! REALLY DISAPPOINTED with such a BAD HOTEL. And here i didn't talk about the blood we found on the bathroom door, all the spilled coffee on the desk and the window that cannot be closed!!

Reviewed 8 August 2014

If you are the average person that likes decent and clean, and you are not too snobbish about every minute detail, then this hotel and review is for you! Don't waste money or time staying in New York anywhere! At the end of the day you will be glad that you chose this hotel in New Jersey. For the money there will be none closer to New York that is nice, clean, and priced right, trust me, I checked thoroughly (But Super 8 and Holiday Inn are right next door, but maybe not as nice and priced right)! No good hotels are in this price range! Booking.com or Wyndham.com will usually have best price ($120ish). Hotel is 3.1 miles to Manhattan. Here are options for transportation, even if you drove, because it is useless and worthless to drive to New York: You can walk up a hill 3/4 of a mile to the bus stop near Kennedy. Catch a shuttle bus right into New York (Times Square area) for $3 a person one way. In the city the bus is $1.25 to get around (Cash only or Metro Card). Or Subway is $2.50 (Must buy Metro Card in machine). Getting around is easiest by walking each area once there. (It's true). If you don't want to walk the hill from Days Inn to bus stop, you can get a taxi to take your whole crew to the bus stop for around 7 bucks. Then take shuttle bus mentioned. Don't want to do that, then use the hotel shuttle service that will take you right into Port Authority for $7 per person (Goes regularly, but pre book). THE SHUTTLE IS THE ONLY IFFY THING ABOUT THIS HOTEL. So you might try what I stated for best results. THE COMPLAINTS ARE REAL! I stayed 4 nights in July 2014 with wife and 21 year old daughter. We loved our trip by Amtrak from South Florida, and we loved New York and this hotel. No pool, but you won't miss it. Marble walls and floors. Moderately classy. They have a New York tour you can take right from hotel for $69. It is good, but if you are late they will leave you. I lost money on this! There is a Sonic and IHOP restaurant up the hill pretty close. There is also a Shop Rite Grocery store near. We stocked up on water and snacks (Taxi $7.50). If you are a very scary person or can't walk a few blocks, then use only the taxi ideas mentioned. BUT KEEP IN MIND THAT TAKING A TAXI DIRECTLY TO NEW YORK IS $58 FOR 3.1 MILES (It includes sneaky tolls)! Hotel has a large parking lot with lots of free parking (Won't find that in New York). Restaurants in hotel, but we never bothered. Beds kinda stiff, but you will definitely enjoy the room and bathroom. New York people are rough (It's true)! Don't take anything personal. And get out of the way where ever you are (It's true, or literally get run over)! We skipped tour because they left us! So we did our own tour and saved hundreds. We saw Upper (Harlem), Mid-town (Times Square), Lower Manhattan (Statue, Wall, etc), and family picked us up by car and took us to Bronx Zoo area. Nothing bad about this hotel except their 3rd party shuttle service. Stacy and Michelle usually work the front desk, and even though they all may seem mean on first glance, RELAX, and you will find that everyone at this hotel will try to be helpful if you keep in mind this is New York! And New York is safe to ride and walk around, just keep it moving and don't stand there and look like a target. KEEP IT MOVING! I just wish I was given this much info before I came. Note: This is the best hotel, and the transportation I mentioned will put you in the middle of everything you want to see. Enjoy like I did! I just wish I could be compensated for some of the deposit I lost on taking the 3rd party tour!!!!!!!!! THE FRONT DESK SCREWED UP MY WAKE UP CALL CAUSING ME TO MISS THE BUS, AND TOUR BUS NOT SYMPATHETIC AT ALL! Otherwise book this hotel!

Room Tip: Ask for the updated or renovated room, usually on the 8th or 9th floors. And ask for a room on the b...
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
4  Thank TonyT561

Hello Tony,
Thank you for taking the time to review your hotel based on your pleasant experience. I am pleased to here that you had quite the adventurous visit in NYC. I apologize for your experience with the third party shuttle service. I will be addressing those issues immediately with the owner of Golden Eagle Express to ensure that changes are made and guests are pleased. I also apologize for the wake up call you did not receive. Please feel free to contact me personally at 201-271-0404 or via email at info@hoteldays.com. I would like to offer you a complimentary breakfast for you and your family for your next visit with us. I hope to hear from you soon!

Desiree Ruiz
Managing Committee Member

Reviewed 7 August 2014

I arrived in the early hours of Saturday morning to find that I would be given a room with one king size bed. I had made a reservation for a room with two beds. Obviously I had not choice but live with it. The Front Desk blamed the Windham Rewards reservation system. Interestingly enough I had made a reservation for a room with two bed via another website, cancelled it and made it via Windham Rewards because of the better price and to collect points. I had no problems with that and I even got confirmation correctly. That was am ugly start to my stay. To make things worse the room with one King size bed was next to the elevators which made a horrible noise all night long.
I wrestled with the Manager later in the morning to get a room with two beds away from the elevators. Although the room was facing Tonelle Avenue which is busy and noisy, that felt better.
The rooms are sparkling clean, the staff is generally friendly and helpful. Did not use the shuttle service, because driving around NYC in the weekend is not so bad. With a fully loaded car it is worth driving and paying the toll for the tunnel/bridge and pay for parking or search for cheap even free parking and/or use the transit.
In order to avoid if-s and but-s, add a note to your reservation specifying exactly what kind of room you want and advising about approximate check-in time. It is possible that front desk had shuffled the rooms in my case to satisfy another unhappy customer that checked in before me, screwing up my reservation, but they won't accept that.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with friends
Lower East Side
Blue Moon Hotel
Blue Moon Hotel
#411 of 469 in New York City

Been to Meadowlands View Hotel? Share your experiences!