“Bad Reception Staff”

Meadowlands View Hotel
Ranked #3 of 8 Hotels in North Bergen
“Bad Reception Staff”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 August 2014 via mobile

I and my friend stayed at Days Inn from 14Aug to 17Aug (since Super 8 hotel on the highway was out of rooms).
We had booked 1 King bed room for double occupancy and reached hotel at night.
The front desk staff just gave us a room with one person bed (smaller than queen size) for single occupancy. After seeing the room we came back to reception and asked him what he gave then he is simply replying "we are out of room". So ... You will give small room. I was so surprise. Then forcefully after showing him booking confirmation he gave double bed room.

Room was good and WiFi was also working well (so 2 star)

All three days keys of the room won't work.So we have to forcefully come back to reactivate keys. Remember always reactivate keys before going to the room.

At the time of Check out another person was present and made lot of confusion while charging for the room and then finally have to produce booking comfirmation receipt to make her understand what exactly was my booking

Some more facts
Shuttle service provided is double the price of shuttle service just on the main road and is not on time.

Still if you happen to book the hotel always keep print out of the booking confirmation receipt. That is really helpful.

• Stayed August 2014
DaysInnNB-NYC, Manager at Meadowlands View Hotel, responded to this review, 21 August 2014
Hello Aziz,
Thank you for your review. I would like to personally apologize for the experience with our front desk staff. I can assure you that our agents are thoroughly trained to provide our guests with great service and are able to answer questions to the best of their abilities. I also apologize for the mishap with the key cards. We may have had an system issue with the key card machine. I will most definitely consult with the front desk manager regarding your complaints. Please feel free to contact me if you would like to further discuss your experience.

Desiree Ruiz
201-271-0404

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (82)
  • Arabic first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
New Delhi, India
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 August 2014

I stayed in Days inn, North Bergen from 9th August to 13th August. Firstly, there was negligible wifi signal (room number 401). My other friends on 4th floor also faced the same problem (dont know about other rooms).

Secondly, my account has been debited with extra amount which has not been reversed yet. I mailed them but didn't got any response. They said they will reverse the charge within next 2-3 days but now they are not even responding to my mails.

I think I need to be reimbursed also for the internet which I was never able to use due to poor signal in room.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with friends

Travellers are raving about these North Bergen hotels

Seattle, Washington, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 August 2014

I had such a pleasant stay at the Days Inn. Room service, breakfast, and the price were just right. This is my first time coming to the New York/New jersey area and Days Inn beat the price of the other hotels I inquired about. There is a restaurant /lounge on the 12th floor that had great service and the drinks were delicious! If it had not been for the help of the supervisor (Priscilla) I would not have known about the restaurant and the shuttle bus to New York which made it very easy for us to travel. She was patient, admirable, extremely helpful,and kind. The customer service she provided to us was beyond my expectations.

• Stayed August 2014
2 Thank elvism67
Montreal, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 August 2014

I was there whit my boyfriend. It's not really romantic, i suggested this place more for a friends trip but we wanted to travel for cheap and it was good for that. The room was in general clean but i found hair on towels but the bed was really cleaned and comfy. The parking is free and you can take the bus to Manhattan for only 3.20$ it's only 10 mins away without traffic !
The services is not the best. They gonna answered to your questions but it's rare that they will smile at you.
The wifi is free but so slow !

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with friends
Cambridge
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 August 2014

Took the children on a road trip this summer and booked this hotel as we were leaving Washington. Booking.com said the room included breakfast which I found out the next morning it did not. The hotel was booked solid and the first room I was given hadn't been cleaned at all. The front desk staff was very apologetic and we were in another room within 10 minutes. The room was absolutely fine and fairly clean. Found out the next morning we could take a shuttle into New York to sight see and leave our car at the hotel. This was a bonus find and I would definitely stay here again if we were to ever go back to New York.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
Meadowlands River Inn
#2 of 15 in Secaucus
Red Roof PLUS+ Secaucus/Meadowlands
La Quinta Inn & Suites Secaucus Meadowlands

Been to Meadowlands View Hotel? Share your experiences!