“Can try it”

Ranked #5 of 5 Hotels in North Brunswick
Ahmedabad, India
“Can try it”
Reviewed 21 October 2011

decent hotel, but location not good. The indian restaurant is awesome though which attached with the hotel. Rooms are decent but nothing special. Can avoid if you can get better hotels. Has a swimming pool which is good.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled solo
1 Thank rahulmehta86

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Boston
Reviewed 11 October 2011

Had to stay here for 2 nights during a wedding as this was, unfortunately, where the bride chose to house the out of town guests. Front desk totally useless - took forever to be checked in even though there was no one else checking in at the time! Hallways dark and musty. Guest room I was stuck in (no others to be had due to several wedding parties booking rooms) definitely had some sort of water damage as everything smelled moldy and my allergies were really bothered by mold. Hairs in bathroom upon check-in. Mattress lousy and it looked like there had been some evidence of a past bed bug infestation when I pulled the sheets back and checked behind the headboard (yep, I had to check because this entire place reminded me of the kind of dump where crack-addicted working girls would bring their "customers"). I will say I did not have any bites on me during my stay, but I definitely did not feel comfortable taking anything out of my suitcase that I wasn't going to wear and I kept the suitcase elevated off the carpet and bed just in case there was any residual "critter" that may have wanted to hitchike to another destination.

The only reason they get even 1 star is because the room and hallways were quiet at night (but note that my room faced the interior courtyard so I don't know if this would have been the case had I gotten a room facing the busy road that this hotel is located on) and the breakfast was adequate if all you are really looking for is some cereal and yogurt to tide you over in the morning.

Even the common areas are dumpy - the lobby furniture was worn out and torn. The exterior parking is a little dicey. There is a fence that divides the hotel from a strip mall area next door and the fence has a hole in it. Saw some strange characters hanging around after they climbed through the fence and started rifling through the dumpster out back in the parking lot. We cleared the car of anything that looked worth stealing.

To top it all off, when I got my credit card statement, this Ramada had charged my card twice for the stay and it took about half a dozen phone calls and emails to the GM to finally get them to remove the extra charge.

Room Tip: Choose a room at any other hotel in the area except this Ramada!
  • Stayed May 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank GoneTravelin07

Travellers are raving about these North Brunswick hotels

Reviewed 24 July 2011

Stay away! Room keys must be continuously reset, poor management, horrible breakfast and bad rooms. Just a horrible place

• Stayed July 2011
1 Thank NC119s
Mahwah, New Jersey
Reviewed 16 November 2010

first off i usually love the ramada - but lately the management has gotten sloppy. They dont seem to care about their guests and they have charged for things that should be free like shampoo and conditioner!!!!! The room was trashed with garbage when we arrived and management didnt care... dont come .. go to motel 66

• Stayed November 2010, travelled as a couple
2 Thank cawad
Boston, MA
Reviewed 12 July 2010

Stayed at this hotel while attending a nearby wedding. Rooms were dirty and musty. Hotel looks threadbare and pool is in a bad state. Outside doors to guest room wings have keycard locks but they are not operating and doors are open 24 hours a day. When I got my credit card bill I found they had double charged me. I called the hotel and was told it would be corrected but a month later I have had to get the credit card company involved. ALL of the wedding guests I have talked to have had similar problems with multiple charges. My advice - keep away!

• Stayed May 2010, travelled solo
1 Thank engineer77
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed 22 June 2010

This place is beyond sketchy. When we got there, there was a line to check in to the front desk and we overheard the lady tell the two couples in front of us that they don't give receipts if it was paid in cash...what? But if you paid by credit card, then you had to pay taxes. Can you say sketchy. Then this poor eldery man had to walk down 5 times because his room key was not working and the lady kept telling him to go and try it "one more time," one more time...they man tried 5 times before someone came with him and in the elevator told him that he didn't know why his boss was making him go to the room because the key was definitely NOT going to work. This poor man!! When we got to our room, it completely smelled like smoke...definitely hadn't been cleaned completely. But the worst part of this entire stay was the fact that I woke up with spider bites all over my arm and legs and because the hotel was full, we didn't even ask for second room. The air conditioner was either massively cold or insanely hot. This was a horrible horrible experience. Definitely do not recommend staying here.

• Stayed June 2010, travelled as a couple
Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed 21 June 2010

I am going to report this hotel to Ramada and never stay at a Ramada again. The rooms were dirty, the service was horrible and the full payment upfront was sketchy. It was especially unpleasant to be assigned to a room that was already occupied by other guests. After finally receiving a musty-smelling unoccupied room, we were told we would have to move rooms for the second night of our stay. The swimming pool is closed and apparently has been for 8 years. This establishment is not worth the discounted rate of $50 a night.

• Stayed June 2010, travelled as a couple
Hyatt Regency New Brunswick
Hyatt Regency New Brunswick
#1 of 4 in New Brunswick
The Heldrich Hotel & Conference Center

Been to Clarion Inn? Share your experiences!