“Would have been better sleeping at the airport”
Review of Clarion Inn

Clarion Inn
Clarion Inn
Ranked #5 of 5 Hotels in North Brunswick
Reviewed 2 July 2009

Got put in this place by Continental due to missed connection.

Not very nice at all.

Room has a musty smell and the bedding looked dirty and worn.

Overall my room looked it needed scrubbed from floor to ceiling.

• Stayed: June 2009, travelled solo
1  Thank stuart174

Reviewed 5 April 2009

we were a group of 40 doctors from india, got stranded at newark airport, missing our continental airways flight to india. ramada north brunswick hotel accomodated all of us at 3 am in the morning and the services rendered by them was par above excellence. great rooms, friendly reception and great indian cousine. great job done by the hotel.

• Stayed: April 2009, travelled on business
Reviewed 7 February 2009

If you need a hotel and you staying in the new brunswick area this is the hotel to stay at. I must say it is in a very good location there is every you need in the area to make you feel like you home. I must also comment on the staff exceptional very helpful and proffesional, they made me feel comfortable. also they have a full breakfast you know how you go to hotels and the give you like bagels and jelly you actually get a full breakfast bacon and eggs I was really happy about being that it was me and my children it saved me money.

• Stayed: January 2009, travelled with family
1  Thank pbxhotty
Reviewed 9 January 2009

Continential airlines put us up here due to our vegas connection being delayed into newark-belfast.How nice of them! After arriving at 2.00am at the hotel (we waitied 2 hours on a shuttle at the airport afetr ringing nuemerous times) when we arrived the front desk had no idea we were arriving as continental were to book us in and didnt bother.After us showing coupons we got they still werent sure but had to agree in the end.
Ok onto our room then,hmm, I would rather have slept in the airport! The rooms were smoky dark,fusty and I had a bright security light front the nearby factory shining in my window with curtains that did not shut properly, so I didnt get a wink all night, the bed was hard ,pillows smelt and we only had a thin cover and I felt like I needed a wash when I checked out as the room did not feel clean at all.Bathroom was ok.
Breakfast was awful, they ran out of stuff and you only had bread rolls, tea,coffee, orange and cereal.They ran out of orange juice so you only had tea or coffee.This place is as basic as basic is, it put a big dampener on what was an amazing holiday and I would never fly continental again as they did not seem to care and the customer service attitude at newwark was the worst I have encountered.I know this is not the fault of the hotel but we would not have been pout here if it were for continenal.

• Stayed: September 2008
2  Thank Missylis
Reviewed 20 December 2007

This isn't a fancy hotel and I admit the indian restaurant made the place smell a little like curry, but it was inexpensive, clean (exceptionally clean), and the staff were fantastic. My check in was easy, I was asked if I had a floor preference, the front desk helped me find a local chinese delivery restaurant (I hate driving in the rain) and everyone was very nice.

• Stayed: December 2007, travelled on business
Reviewed 18 November 2007

We have not been thrilled when accommodated in "nonsmoking room" with a smell, but had been given replacement room which was OK. Wifi worked fine in there as well as the conference center. Receptionist did not know much about surroundings but was trying to be helpful anyway. With acceptable beds, clean rooms and good services around the weakiest point was the breakfast with muffins, toasts and coffee most days, just twice we were happy enough to get some eggs. Dont expect daily papers to be delivered daily to each room, its more like lottery game - we only were winners twice in five days.

• Stayed: October 2007, travelled with family
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank ManaPet
Reviewed 19 February 2007

This was a pretty decent place. Now keep in mind my wife and I had received a free night there and wouldn't have stayed there otherwise. However, it was generally clean, nice enough room and the front desk was very pleasant. It has a nice lobby and I could actually walk out the side door to the Walmart which was convienient. I wouldn't have paid the $149 a night listed on the back of the door, but I suppose for like 70$ it wouldn't be a bad deal.

Stayed: February 2007
Travellers also viewed these North Brunswick hotels
Hampton Inn North Brunswick/New Brunswick
Comfort Suites
Comfort Suites
#3 of 5 in North Brunswick
Staybridge Suites North Brunswick

Been to Clarion Inn? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Clarion Inn

Address: 999 US Highway 1, North Brunswick, NJ 08902-2712 (Formerly Ramada Inn & Conference Center, North Brunswick)
Region: United States > New Jersey > North Brunswick
Business Centre with Internet Access Fitness Centre with Gym / Workout Room Free Breakfast Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Free Parking Restaurant Shuttle Bus service Swimming Pool Wheelchair access
Ranked #5 of 5 Hotels in North Brunswick
Price Range: £52 - £110 (Based on Average Rates for a Standard Room)
Hotel Class:2 star — Clarion Inn 2*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with TripOnline SA, Ebookers, Travel Republic (UK), Evoline ltd and Cancelon so you can book your Clarion Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Ramada Inn And Conference Center, North Brunswick