“A new tradition”

Harbor Light Family Resort
Ranked #11 of 41 Hotels in North Wildwood
“A new tradition”
Reviewed 31 August 2012

clean clean clean!! I am a clean freak and these bathrooms were cleaner than mine at home. Great spot and for the price can't beat it.

Two pools so no crowds. VERY family friendly.

Will be staying there again next year for sure

• Stayed August 2012

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (37)
Phoenixville, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 31 August 2012

Our stay at the Harbor Light in North Wildwood was awesome it is located perfectly for beach boardwalk or anything else you would like to do at the shore.The staff was friendly and accommodating I will definitely return and not hesitate to recomend to friends and family

• Stayed August 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank Joe H
vineland, NJ
Reviewed 31 August 2012

A friend of mine recommended this hotel last year when they stayed during the BBQ fest. Upon her review, I decided to book a room this year. Family friendly hotel. I have 2 small children and the location was only 2 blocks to the beach and a short walking distance to the festivities. I have a new appreciation for North wildwood. Great restaurants, really clean and a lot more relaxing. The hotel was such. The pool was crystal clear. The staff was very friendly and helpful. The rooms were immaculate. Had such a great vacation and will definitely return next year.

• Stayed August 2012
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 27 August 2012

This past weekend a terrible storm hit N. Wildwood when I was staying at the Harbor Light. The hotel is operated by key cards. When I came back to my room in the middle of a scary storm on Saturday night, my key card didn't work. My travelling friend who had the other key card had not arrived home yet. I could not get into the room. I had other people try the key card for me as well and it didn't work. Then the power went out in the city and no one could see. There was no one at the front office in the middle of the night so I called the emergency number. About an hour later they sent someone to open my room door. In total, I was out of my room in the middle of a storm, for about 2 hours. When I checked out, I asked if I could be compensated in some way for the inconvenience of being outside this amount of time with no where to go. The water in the streets was knee high so I couldn't even walk to stay with other family members. The answer was NO. I was shocked. I was advised that the key cards can be deactivated very easily if they are next to a cell phone---I was never told this at check-in and kept it in my purse right next to my cell phone! I noticed other rooms have difficulty with their key cards as well but luckily if they couldn't get one to work the other one did. I think that they charge enough $ here and make enough of a profit that I could have been compensated in SOME way. This was an awful and scary experience and the owner seemed to have no concern that a young girl was stuck out of her room with no where to go in a threatening storm.

Room Tip: If you are staying at the Harbor Light, at least you can usually use the parking lot prior to check...
  • Stayed August 2012, travelled with friends
2 Thank kelsey t
Springfield
Reviewed 17 August 2012

Our first impression of this motel was terrible. We came on a day when they had a great deal of rain just before our arrival. The streets on all three sides of the motel were flooded. Since this was our first time here in North Wildwood, based on the recommendation of friends, I wondered if this was the start of the vacation from hell! Once we were able to get into the motel, everything else went well. The staff was polite and helpful. The room was very nice. We came with our five children, and even though the motel knew that we were a party of seven, they only left one roll of toilet paper per day and not enough towels for all of us to shower. Once we told them we needed more, they did give us enough. I fell that they should have known since we were paying for seven people, but that's a minor matter. I have a bad back and their beds were the most comfortable I have found in any motel. Also, we have a standard minivan, the Toyota Sienna, and the parking spaces were tighter that most shore motels.

As I mentioned before, this was our first stay in North Wildwood. We have always gone to Wildwood Crest before, but since I booked late this year, we couldn't get out favorite motel. Compared to Wildwood and Wild Crest, North Wildwood is a little boring. The boardwalk, which is one of our favorite things, is too far away to walk to every day. You can walk to the beach and to the Hereford Inlet Lighthouse, which was interesting to me.

Would I recommend this motel? Yes. Would I stay here again? No, it's too far from the action of the boardwalk, our favorite restaurants, etc.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank TravelerJim10
Reviewed 16 August 2012 via mobile

We just got back from harbor light and everything about the hotel was accommodating! We have six children, and they were very comfortable in the spacious, clean room we stayed in. All of the staff were very friendly, and helpful at all times. I was very surprised to find a hotel in wildwood that I would stay at again. I can't wait to book for next year!

Stayed August 2012, travelled with family
Schenectady
Reviewed 9 July 2012

My family and I try to go to Wildwood every year and we always stay at Harbor Light Motor Inn. What a great place to stay!

• Stayed August 2011, travelled with family
#21 of 41 in North Wildwood
Lollipop Motel
Lollipop Motel
#2 of 41 in North Wildwood

Been to Harbor Light Family Resort? Share your experiences!