“Best Place to Stay on Vacation”

Harbor Light Family Resort
Ranked #10 of 41 Hotels in North Wildwood
“Best Place to Stay on Vacation”
Reviewed 18 June 2014 via mobile

My family has been coming here for years. I look forward to bringing a family of my own someday. We have even had extended family members stay here during the same week to have one big vacation together. The staff is great and very helpful. They have always been friendly and helped us out with any need. The house keeping staff is excellent as well. The other plus is it's really close to the beach and not too far away from the boardwalk.

Stayed June 2014
2 Thank Andrew S
Robert D, General Manager at Harbor Light Family Resort, responded to this review, 4 July 2014
Thank you for such a nice review. We are so please that you and your family had a wonderful time. Hope to see you next year as well.

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
Reviewed 9 June 2014

This is THE place to go for a family getaway. The Harbor Light Is always clean and well taken care of. The staff is friendly and courteous. You can't beat the location either, a short walk and you are on the beach. The location is also ideal b/c you are away from the heavily congested areas of Wildwood. The Harbor Light won't disappoint.

• Stayed July 2013
3 Thank Mikey1107
Thank you for your pleasant response. We are so happy you a had a good experience and look forward to hopefully hosting you and your family again.
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 28 May 2014

So this would be my 4th time staying here and hasn't skipped a beat. I've always stayed here on Memorial day weekend. The first time I was over 25 and friends of mine were not. When I wanted to make the reservation, I was asked the ages of everyone. I sensed some hesitation I would assume due to my age and when I gave the answer of "no, we don't have children". I was informed I was responsible for everyone because I was over 25. I was told this is a family style resort. I was actually gratified to hear the hesitation.
I will assure you that because of the "background" check this place will have no non-sense. people who stay here have kids or are mature enough to be way out of hand. It's always been a wonderful stay each year and i'd have to say as tame as it is for memorial weekend i'd be assured no worries any other time of the summer.
When i returned a few years ago. I was shocked to see an elevator was built into the property, I knew then they weren't going anywhere or selling out to the condo way. the paint was fresh and the pool is always clean. maintenance is on the ball with picking up trash and repairing anything in a timely fashion.
With this weekends experience. Checking in was easy. we came early around 9:30am. the nicest lady was working at the front desk "Josephine" she took my # and said she'd call when it was ready. 30 min. latter a call our room was ready. in our rooms we go, I attempted to turn on the AC unit which didn't work. maintenance was there in a jiffy and figured out the button was a bit stuck, no problems there on. One lightbuld was out and I went to the front desk, I was told someone will be right up but before I could leave, The lady said wait, I may have one here and sure enough she did. ( i believe that may have been the owner).
There are signs posted that say "do not hang towels, clothes on the railing" a couple people ignored that, although they were securely knotted, an employee checks and asked to take them down. this place is a no non-sense place which makes me feel better and not having to worry who my neighbor may be and do we have to put up with any scrap like some other hotels. A plus is that for your stay, a breakfast voucher is given for each person in the room to VEGAS dinner. it's a one day voucher. You get a different menu but it's a basic breakfast which includes coffee, orange juice, choice of french toast, pancakes, eggs and you get a choice of bacon, sausage and you get potatoes...you can't beat it, it's excellent. However you can order off the regular menu but will be charged accordingly. This is always my go-to hotel with wonderful service, pleasant front desk, clean rooms, great maid service and is only a short walk to the beach.

Room Tip: Any room is a good room.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
4 Thank David A
Levittown, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 13 May 2014

We had a wonderful Mother's Day weekend at Harbor Light Family Resort. We would highly recommend our family and friends to stay here. Rob and Heather treat everyone like family. The staff is very professional and the rooms and grounds are more than just clean. When my family visits Wildwood this is the only place we will ever stay at and we have been coming here for sixteen years now. They have two pools which are kept clear, each complete with a sectored off baby pool. If you want to go to the beach you will never have to dread a long walk because sand and sea if only one block away. All in all, Harbor Light Family Resort is the perfect destination for any kind of trip and I highly recommend that everyone come and find out why.

Room Tip: There is an elevator so you don't have to worry about what floor you're on.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Joe_borger
Westampton, New Jersey
Reviewed 23 October 2013 via mobile

We stayed here for a soccer tournament that was cancelled because of rain. The hotel refused to give our team a refund so a few of us chose to stay anyways. Sheets were bloody, trash was left outside our room all weekend, the maid stood outside our room with the door open and smoked her cigarette so our room was instantly filled with smoke, desk staff was unhelpful and unapologetic, gutter downspouts were missing so rain would just blow onto you as you walked by, moldy tiles....overall unpleasant stay. Positive note, it is close to the water. Good luck if you do stay!!!

Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
11 Thank Germany0077
Lake Hopatcong, New Jersey, United States
Reviewed 13 September 2013

My boyfriend and I just returned from a 4 night stay at the Harbor Light Motor Inn and everything about it was just perfect. The woman who checked us in was very kind and quick. The 2 room efficiency suite was clean, neat and very light and airy. The pool was clean and always a perfectly warm temperature. The distance to the beach was only a block away so it was convienent to run back and forth if needed. Since it was off season and most of the chair and umbrella rentals were either closed or to far away, we asked the front desk if they had any spares and they did so we saved ourselves money on that. We had a slight issue with the room safe and Sean was able to come and help us within 5 minutes. The staff is very friendly and care about us being comfortable. Thank you to them all !! Definetly would recoomend this place to family and friends as it was recommended to us as well.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Kerri M
Reviewed 7 September 2013

This is the second year in a row we stayed here and it was just as nice. VERY clean, which to me makes all the difference. Maid service was friendly and quick. Staff was helpful and pools (there are two) were well maintained. Will I be back next year? Definitely. Now that we've been there two years in a row, we can say it's our vacation hotel.

One of the things I really like is fact that they have two pools. This was great for a lot of reasons 1) if one pool was crowded, you could just go to the other
2) if one pool was shady, you could just go to the other -- as they were on opposite sides of the sun
3) one pool is five feet deep and the other eight feet deep. When I am alone with my son in a pool I feel more comfortable in a pool where I can touch bottom so the five feet was great BUT when he was with his father, he wanted to be able to be in a deeper end. He got the best of both worlds.

I also love the location of this place. There are two beaches readily available so you can get away from green-heads (apparently they like west winds) and you are close enough to the piers without rowdy teenagers or noise from the piers.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with family