“it was the worst place i have ever stayed at”
Review of Cardinal Motel

Cardinal Motel
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in North Wildwood
Cardinal Motel
Ranked #25 of 41 Hotels in North Wildwood
Runnemede, New Jersey
“it was the worst place i have ever stayed at”
Reviewed 18 July 2010

This was the worst hotel ever. It was very dirty the rugs were so gross i wouldnt let my kids even walk without shoes on. They advertise ac but they dont work the sink kept getting backed up had to brush our teeth in the shower. The staff was not pleasant it seems they like to rent to there friends and then hangout with them and be ignorant to there other guest. One of there friends or guest they are very friendly with bumped into my son and burned him with her cigerette and never even came to me to apologize. When I confronted the woman the manager gave me additude because i was not so nice to the woman who burned my son, who by the way had three burn blisters on his hand. The staff and owners are not professional at all and the place was very dirty and the up keep was very poor. If I hadn't been in the soccer beach blast i would have asked for a refund the very first minute i saw the room but unfortunatly I was stuck but did leave a day early and complained about the problems and the owner never even offered any of my money back she just said ok return key before u leave. Would never ever recommend this hotel.

• Stayed July 2010, travelled with family
3 Thank kelleetricocci

Solo
Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
phila
Reviewed 14 September 2009

Recently I stayed at the Cardinal and must say it was ok. The rugs really need a good cleaning. I think the concrete outside maybe cleaner than the rugs. There is a gentlemen who I believe is the oldest son and he is always cleaning especialy the concrete when somethings spills. I must say that I was a little upset to here the other brother call the other brother a not so nice name. I was with my family and did not need to here such language. The rooms are a little outdated. I wish they installed some kind of internet and possibly tv's in the back room of the suites. Great gameroom!!! As for the office, they made checking in a breeze and the younger lady that checked us in seemed to care alot about our stay. She said that if we need help with anything to make sure to come back and ask for help. It is very nice to see that there are still people who will take the time out to see that you are comfortable.
As to if I would stay again, I think I would give it one more try and hope they would do a little upgrading.

• Stayed August 2009, travelled with family
1 Thank pumpkinPhila
Newtown Square,PA
Reviewed 20 March 2009

My teenage daughter and I have been here twice and love staying here. Rooms are clean, staff is wonderful!! We will be staying again this year and hopefully bringing my son, daughter-in-law and their 3 sons for a real family time together. I love that they have a game room for the children and me too(they have a pinball machine)!! Guests are courteous when it comes to sharing the grill. It would be neat if they had a meet and greet with other guests. To sum it up in a word or two? A memorable time...

• Stayed August 2008, travelled with family
Philadelphia
Reviewed 15 September 2008

My family has been staying at the Cardinal since the early 70's.
The family that runs it is great and they keep everything neat and run a tight ship. It is very family oriented and we always have a great time. Kids have a blast and adults always manage to relax. Great place.

• Liked — It rocked
  • Stayed June 2008, travelled with family
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Philadelphia, PA
Reviewed 1 July 2008

We stayed at the Cardinal Motel from 6/27/08 through 6/28/08 with 10 soccer players for a beach soccer tournament. The Cardinal Motel has to be the cleanest motel that I have ever stayed at! The owner was very pleasant and everyone who works there was very nice.

• Liked — Cleanliness; attentiveness of owners
  • Disliked — Pool closes at 7 p.m.
  • Stayed June 2008, travelled with friends