“Horrible. Disgusting. Terrible.” 1 of 5 bubbles
Review of Brigadoon Motel

Brigadoon Motel
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in North Wildwood
Brigadoon Motel
Ranked #29 of 41 Hotels in North Wildwood
Maryland
“Horrible. Disgusting. Terrible.”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 November 2009

This was by far the most disgusting place I've ever stayed. If you like grime, filth & mice, this is the place for you. My parents were too disgusted to pull out the sleep sofa, fearful of what might pop out, so they actually slept sitting up on the sofa. But the mice that my father running across the kitchen floor in the middle of the night seemed fairly comfortable. The rooms are tiny and dirty. It is one thing to have old furniture and carpet that looks as if it has never been cleaned. We made the reservations over the phone & sent in a check as requested (since they do not have online reservation capabilities), and two days before we were to arrive, we received a call that our stay had to be cut short due to them double-booking the room (no compensation offered). But it was truly only an act of God that our stay was short, for we found The Crusader Motel, a couple of miles down the ocean, which was clean (but anything compared to Brigadoon will seem like a palace). To sum up this review, the motel is disgusting and it is a wonder that the Health Dept hasn’t shut them down. I wouldn't recommend this hotel to an enemy.

• Stayed September 2009, travelled with family
1 Thank Mont13

Solo
Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
APMAN652
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 August 2009

I would not recommend this motel to anyone. The only thing they have going for them is the location and close access to beach and boardwalk. BUT THAT IS THE ONLY THING. The motel is very old and needs major work. This motel was closed for several years and then re-opened before it was ready. The water pressure in the shower is terrible and the extreme water temperature changes would burn you one minute and freeze you the next. The kitchen area is very dirty and the floors were not replaced. The A/C in the bedroom is controlled by the owners on a timer. The A/C doesn't kick on until late afternoon in an effort to save money (DIDN’T WE SPEND OVER $1K TO STAY 6 NIGHTS????). In the morning on the last night of our stay, the owner came to us and said, "Checking out today??" We informed him that we were booked through the following morning and he required us to move rooms, due to another group coming in staying for 7 nights? We then had no choice to move our entire room (clothes, food, etc) for one night and received no compensation for our inconvenience. Even other guests we met during the week asked us, “Did he (the owner) give you anything for moving?” The next morning, the owner offered us 10% off our next stay.....good luck. We informed the owner we would not be back. So bottom line.....DON'T STAY HERE. There are multiple options of motels in North Wildwood, NJ. along Ocean Ave( 1 block from beach)

• Stayed August 2009, travelled with family
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank APMAN652

Travellers are raving about these North Wildwood hotels

Reading
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 August 2009

I am one of those rare breeds that actually prefers a Motel over a condo and I also like trying different motels every year . I always wait to the last minute to book a place and this year wasn't any different . I needed a big enough room to house 6 people so I called a bunch of motels . Most places laughed at me trying to get a big room with a month notice but then I hit a winner . I talked to Mark at the Brigadoon who was very flexible with the dates and the room .The best part about the Brigadoon is the location ...don't have to walk a mile to reach the water and we were only a half block off the boardwalk ! The 1st day we arrive early as usual so I go find the office . I was greeted by Mark and then later Michelle , most places don't let you in until 2 pm but Mark informed me that I could get into the room as soon as the maid was finished cleaning it and that was around 12 . The rooms are a bit out dated but it appears it is a work in progress as Mark and Michelle only took over the Brigadoon less than 2 years ago . The other issue I didn;t care for was that in the big rooms with multi AC units they actually have the bedroom AC units on timers , so they are turned off between 11 am -4 pm but most people are out of the rooms by then anyway so we were ok with it . The final day we check out past the 10 am deadline which Mark was ok with and he even informed me that I could keep the car on the lot all day and told me that we could use the pool for a pm dip . We need more people like Mark and Michelle in this World , it's those little things that leave a great impression . Thanks again Brigadoon ! Todd Fuoco ...ps Say NO to the condo people !

• Stayed August 2009, travelled with family
3 Thank foxfire13
Bucks
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 August 2009

Mark & Michelle saved our vacation. After leaving a really disgusting Hotel, we were thrilled to get a room at the Brigadoon. They bent over backwards to accomodate and I thought the rooms were very clean. Updating? Maybe, but most of the hotels down there are a little dated. Management are fairly new owners and are doing a great job. We loved it so much, we booked for irish weekend. Oh, and they allowed our little dog to stay also.

• Stayed July 2009
alwaysonvacation10
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 July 2009

Location. Location, Location!!! Boardwalk is basically at your door. Great pool and baby pool. We went with our 5 children ages 2 - 15 years..everyone had fun. Best family motel. Owners were kind and caring and have a wonderful family of their own...I don't think rude is even in their nature. God bless and thanks for the excellent stay :)

• Stayed June 2009, travelled with family
Syracuse, NY
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 July 2009

Great location, close to the beach and boardwalk. Needs updating, but the rooms were clean. The owner, Mark was very friendly and helpful. When we needed suggestions for things to do and directions, Mark was very helpful. He always was friendly and made sure everyone knew he was available if needed. One day he even bought pizza for everyone in the pool area.

Stayed July 2009, travelled with family
pa
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 July 2009

My family and I stayed in a two bedroom suite.The price was great.It was very clean.It could use a little updating but was still very nice and spacious.Good location.Management was very nice.We tried to extend our stay long but unfortunitly they were all booked up.Not a suprise considering the hotel.Will defanitly stay here again on next trip.

• Stayed July 2009, travelled with family
1 Thank pg5728
Also consider these accommodations in or near North Wildwood
Surf Song Beach Resort
Surf Song Beach Resort
#21 of 41 in North Wildwood
Howard Johnson Wildwood Boardwalk
Howard Johnson Wildwood Boardwal...
#39 of 41 in North Wildwood
#5 of 41 in North Wildwood
Le Boot Condos
Le Boot Condos
#24 of 41 in North Wildwood

Been to Brigadoon Motel? Share your experiences!