“A Family Staple”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Montego Bay

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in North Wildwood
Montego Bay
Ranked #32 of 41 Hotels in North Wildwood
Wilkes-Barre, Pennsylvania
“A Family Staple”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 August 2013

We have been going to the Montego Bay for several years. We have 3 little ones that love the waterpark as well as being right on the boardwalk. Each year little things come up but are not overwhelming like needing additional towels or fix a light that is out. Whenever requests were made, they were answered properly and taken care of. The bar is a convenience with the added pleasure of having an incredibly attentive and friendly bartender, "Champ". Every year, we see him and he remembers us and takes very good care of us as well as the other patrons when we have been there. My only concern that I have year in and out is the horrible maid service. This past trip, our maid did not wipe a single table off or vacuumed our room. We were out before they got there and back after they came. Being tired, I did not want to deal with it and we took care of it ourselves. The cleaners need to do their jobs if they expect a tip. I certainly did not leave one and would not for that type of service. It is too bad considering how much we spend there between Adams, Tiki Bar, and the room itself.

Solo
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (85)
Kingston, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 August 2013

The Montego Bay is the perfect spot to enjoy the Wildwoods in New Jersey. In addition to offering various room sizes, it has both an outdoor pool, indoor water park, is on the boardwalk and steps away from the beach and ocean. It also includes Adam's, one of the best restaurants on the boardwalk and a very interesting bar. The entire staff is super friendly and very accomodating. Rates are extremely reasonable for what is provided. One of it's many unusual amenities if free soda, beer and hot dogs all day Wednesdays during the summer (and it's all you can eat and drink!) This was our family's sixth trip to Montego Bay and we wouldn't consider staying anywhere else when visiting the Wildwoods.

Room Tip: We had an "ocean front" room with a balcony and it was perfect.
3 Thank Herb L
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 July 2013

Stayed in ocean front room had a great view of the beach. Prime location walk right onto board walk from hotel. However rooms should be a lot cleaner for the price though no bugs like other reviews. Also indoor waterpark is a joke we didn't last twenty minutes in there. Overall great view but not worth the money. Going to try somewhere else next year.

• Stayed July 2013
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 July 2013

I have mixed views on this motel. I guess it depends on the traveler what is priority for them and disregard what is not important. We usually stay at condos for rent by the boardwalk but since it's a last minute vacation, all of the places we stayed at before were already booked. I do know I want to stay near the boardwalk. This motel is literally ON the boardwalk, the lobby is on the 3rd floor and is on level with the boardwalk. The parking lot is underground. Check-in was was easy and we were given a single parking permit. They were very strict, one car/room. We were on the 4th floor and since they had a single elevator from the garage, it could be a long wait. It would be faster to take the stairs but with luggage, it will be a very slow and ardous climb indeed. We were on the 4th floor oceanfront room and to get to our room we had to walk this outdoor hallway with waist high railing, I didn't want to look down because I was getting dizzy and there can be quite a breeze, I was kinda scared coz I had small kids and had to keep them near the wall. The room was big and spacious with a big sliding door to a small balcony overlooking the grills, veranda and the outdoor pool on the 3rd floor. The view is priceless, you are so close that even at night, the lights from the boardwalk illuminate the ocean. The ac is cold and with the ocean breeze I sometimes turn it off and open the balcony doors. Yes, the suite is dated, the carpets are dated, the bathrooms are dated, the toilet seat is so old that the paint on the cover is wearing off, the remote for the TV's do not work, it is really an old motel, but the basically you are paying for the location. I was glad I did not have a room on the 3rd floor, these are rooms that have balcony doors opening up to the deck,grills and outdoor pool. I just felt that there was not a lot of privacy since the pool is right next to the balconies of some of the rooms, if you forget to close the drapes, people will have a view of everything in your room. And a lot of people sunbathing on the deck, it just feels invasive. The rooms are great if there were a group of people renting the rooms together then it would feel like a great party. The outdoor pool was heated but my daughter didn't even want to go in because it looked dirty and murky. The "water park" was basically a bigger indoor pool with a giant slide and a small jacuzzi on the side, but it was not heated so most of the time everyone including the small kids were crowded in the jacuzzi. You have to show your room key and they will put a bracelet since outsiders can come but needs to pay $10. It is a blessing during the time that we were there coz it was rainy, and cold the next day so we can't go to the beach. So we stayed at the waterpark and my daughter did enjoy the slide. So I have a mixed review, as per location, it is the best...as for the rest, it's up to you. Never tried the restaurant and the bar so cannot comment on that.We love North Wildwood, we will come back to this place, but probably not at this motel if there was another choice.

Room Tip: If you have a group, you can get the block of rooms on the third floor but I think its better to get...
1 Thank MitchMicahandKaykay
Baldwin, New York
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 July 2013

The Hotel has a great location but that is about it. Our room was dirty there were holes in our sheets the rug was filthy, toilet seat was worn an old. The elevator by the lobby was very slow we stayed on the 4th floor and this was very inconvenient. There was an ice machine on our floor but did not work I told the lobby and they said they were waiting for a part. The three days I was there the part never came had to walk 10 minutes on the other side of the hotel to get ice. The soda machines the 2 I used did not dispense the correct drink displayed, I told management but seemed like they did not care. Used the indoor pool and the three times we did there were no towels I had to actually go down to the ground floor to go into the laundry room where the workers were working to get a pool towel so my kids could dry themselves to use the playground in the indoor pool. They had stacks of dry folder pool towels but obviously there is a problem getting them to the pool. Being in facilities management and in charge of 10 school buildings this is all management issues from experience . From the maid service to the maintenance staff this is not a welcoming place for our family and way overpriced. A few times i thought of leaving but decided to rough it because my kids were having fun on the boardwalk. I did not sleep well for three nights because the pull out couch was horrible not to mention i found beer bottle caps and a large mold stain under the mattress.
It is safe to say we will not be staying there again and shame on them for the outrageous prices.
I am not a person to complain much but this was ridiculous

7 Thank Rrandazzo

Travellers are raving about these North Wildwood hotels

New York City, New York
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 July 2013

Outside of its location there is very little to get excited about with this hotel. I echo all of the other reviews noting mold, bugs, and price. In addition, the elevators in the hotel are not sufficient for the size of the hotel. We waited a half hour for an elevator when we first checked in. We didn’t bother taking the elevator the rest of the week after that experience. Inside of our room the furniture was below par. It was dirty and damp. Our kid’s feet were black after walking bare foot on the carpet. The kitchen is not fully stocked (there were no pots and supplies were very limited). Half the door knobs in our three bedroom unit were broken. Our toilet ran the entire night and the plumbing in our bathroom was hanging out of the walls in spots. The linens were old and soiled. We ended buying new sheets. The pool also has extremely high levels of Chlorine. Our entire family used the pool and were all complaining of our skin itching and stinging after swimming. The food in the restaurant is very poor. I would be willing to put up with the above given the location which is fantastic, however, the hotel is overpriced and in desperate need of renovation.

Room Tip: If you have to stay here pick a room on the first or second floor. The elevator service is terrible...
2 Thank dd113048096
Royersford, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 July 2013

Dislikes:

The resort could use some updates. However, it happens to parallel other hotels that I have previously stayed. It seems that not investing much money in the resort and commanding very high rates is the status quo for Wildwood.

Other than price, the only issues that I had was the bath towels were either holey or stained.
The main bathroom tub was slow to drain and the toilet seat should have been replaced.

Likes:

- The room was very clean and there were no insects
- The room was spacious and had a large patio that accommodated our party of 6
- The location and the view of the beach/board walk was fantastic
- The staff was very professional, courteous and friendly.
Champ is an excellent bartender
- We ate at Adams restaurant five times during our stay
4 times for brunch: excellent food and service
1 time for dinner: Disappointed: Rolls were cold, two people in
our party ordered the Chicken Alfredo...noodles weren't cooked
and the chicken had a " weird taste"
- Check-in / check-out was quick

Over all, I would definitely return. The positives far out weighed the negatives.

Also consider these accommodations in or near North Wildwood
Surf Song Beach Resort
Surf Song Beach Resort
#21 of 41 in North Wildwood
Bolero Resort
Bolero Resort
#52 of 76 in Wildwood
Howard Johnson Wildwood Boardwalk
Howard Johnson Wildwood Boardwal...
#39 of 41 in North Wildwood
#7 of 41 in North Wildwood
Roman Holiday Motel
Roman Holiday Motel
#10 of 41 in North Wildwood

Been to Montego Bay? Share your experiences!