“Average”
Review of Montego Bay

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in North Wildwood
Montego Bay
Ranked #28 of 41 Hotels in North Wildwood
Reviewed 13 June 2014 via mobile

The room was nice and quite large. Staff was very courteous. However, beds were firm and uncomfortable, the air conditioning was noisy, wi-fi was hit-and-miss, and the jacuzzi was a waste as the hot water was yellow with a film on the surface.

• Stayed: June 2014
2  Thank PhilStates
There are newer reviews for Montego Bay

Reviewed 8 June 2014

Other North Wildwood reviews seem off base and i visited many of the hotels rated higher and don't fully understand. My stay was imperfect primarily due to ever present and noisy elks on the third floor sun deck/outdoor pool making of a less than ideal oceanfront environment.

Water park is a plus and only modest complaint is that water slide hours do not coincide with pool hours, which makes little sense.

I would recommend and perhaps avoid Elks weekend.

• Stayed: June 2014
4  Thank Kimren_65
Reviewed 2 June 2014

Don't let the bright yellow exterior fool you: its a typical shore motel - dark, not well lit, tired furnishings. The owners have tried to make cosmetic repairs that just make the motel look dingy and grimy. Thankfully, I found no evidence of insects that I read about in other reviews. But, the lack of lighting in the halls and in the room (1 small lamp for the bedroom area!) put me on edge. A little claustrophobic. Will someone please let the Wildwood Hotel Association know that NO ONE wants those lousy bedspreads full of germs! Made my skin crawl. The sheets were so thin I could watch TV through them. I could feel the springs of the bed. This was booked through my business, but I was so unhappy, I paid for another room at the StarLux and was not disappointed there. I guess if you're young and only want the room to sleep in at night, it's ok. If you're a seasoned traveler that wants a pleasurable experience, Keep Looking!

Room Tip: Choose another hotel
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 14 May 2014

My family and I stayed here in August 2013. The hotel is located right on the boardwalk and is in walking distance of restaurants, rides, etc., which makes it a prime location. The place is old and not maintained adequately. Upon arrival, the room had some issues. No door handle on the sliding glass door, patio was full of sand, and the vents were filthy. With the cost of a week's stay here, issues like these should be taken care of before a vacationer walks into the room. What I will say is that when the manager was contacted, these issues were resolved in a timely manner. The elevators are horrible! You have to wait forever and upon departure, forget it! When an elevator does come to your floor, it's already filled to the max! Another issue was the water park. Upon entering the smell of chlorine was overwhelming! It made your eyes tear and you couldn't stay in there too long. Even with some of these complaints, we made the best of it but will not stay here again.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Donna G
Reviewed 13 May 2014

I don't understand why people say the color of the building is ugly, the rooms aren't clean BLAH BLAH BLAH. Think for a second and wonder why the building is yellow. Maybe that is because you can spot the hotel out more easier than a tan or blue building like the other hotels in Wild wood. Maybe to attract customers. When i was younger me and my family went to Montego bay and i always remembered it was a big bright yellow building. So the rooms are maintained very well i mean stop being so picky about " oh the fork is dirty" the maids don't wash the silverware for a living. They clean the basic's. Like the bed the bathroom. If you don't want your silverware to be dirty wash them yourselves. Or you can bring your own. This isn't a hotel in Paris or some fancy place. Its a hotel that provides the basics,since your going to be out the whole day having fun.

anyway, I enjoy being at montego it is right by the beach and and on the boardwalk. The water park is very fun for adults and children. Even teens. I always go to the water park when I'm in wildwood. Even if you don't stay at motego you can still go to the water park, but it cost money. I think it is $5 per person. There is no time limit (well until they close), but if you don't want to pay the $5, then your cheap (just kidding ) but if you want you can stay at Montego and go to the water park.

So, if you complain don't since you will be out the whole day having fun. So i recommend this hotel since the beds are more comfortable than the hotels and you get better service. Have fun and enjoy Wildwood.

Room Tip: The ocean view is beautiful but it is kind of small. The presidential suit can be expensive (it depe...
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank Jenna O
Reviewed 13 May 2014

Montego bay in north wildwood is a perfect place to get away for the weekend. It is situated at the end of the boardwalk near 17th st and the tram turns around right near there. With the meals included at adams restaurant downstairs, you cant beat the deal. Sure the walls are thin and the walkway crooked and the elevator slow, but hey, its ocean front and we stayed on the 6th floor! We also saw the car show, and it was a great getaway time.

Room Tip: Specify if you want the water park for your family, or quiet room if you want to b alone.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 2 May 2014

We stayed here in March just for the water park. It's a nice, clean hotel that looks fairly recently renovated. We stayed in what I think was the Presidential suite (it was a condo with 3 bedrooms and 2 bathrooms).

PROS -
Room was very large and clean and there was a good flow to the space.
Ocean view from balcony.
Location is convenient to just about everything.
Helpful staff
Restaurant right downstairs (I didn't go here, but my father did for breakfast and said it was "meh")

Indoor Water Park - It's a decent size park. It has 2 large (and fast) slides and a hot tub and a small separate pool for the tots. It also has a tiki bar right next to the pool which is pretty awesome. Not so awesome are the prices, but I guess that's true for any tiki bar. The water was pretty chilly & took some getting used to. It also has a large jungle gym next to the pool. However, the flooring is gross. It's foam squares and they have it all over the whole place, around the pool, by the bench tables, and by the tiki bar. Which I guess is a good idea in theory (no slipping & if someone does fall it won't hurt like concrete) but when it gets wet, it makes for a nasty, squishy feeling under your feet. One other thing to consider is the smell. I've smelled chlorine before but the smell here is overwhelming. We had to go back to the room after about 2 hours because our heads hurt and our eyes were burning.

CONS -
Smell at the water park
Shower - while the bathroom itself was very clean, it looks like the shower head was broke and was just dangling. The shower stream was so low it was difficult to take a shower, since the water pretty much shot straight down. Also the water pressure is terrible. And the bathtub doesn't drain well, so by the end of a shower I was standing in about 3 inches of water.

All in all this was a decent stay, and I would take the family back, provided the bathroom issues were fixed.

Remember, however, that we went in the off season. North Wildwood gets pretty raucous at night in the summer, so I can't vouch that your stay will be a quiet one if you go during the summer. We usually stay in the Crest, which is more quiet and sedate.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family