“The elevator has a NEW name- STINKY, SLOW, SMALL”
Review of Montego Bay

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in North Wildwood
Montego Bay
Ranked #26 of 41 Hotels in North Wildwood
Reviewed 20 August 2007

We stayed at the Montego Bay paying the extra price thinking of how wonderful it would be. WRONG! When we got off of the STINKY, SMALL, SLOW elevator with our luggage we came to about 5 steps in the hallway before trying to get to our room. It would of been nice if the nasty man at the desk told us which elevator to take. He did ask if it was our 1st time, so he knew we weren't aware of the 2 different elevators. As we unloaded our cart and reloaded after we went down the steps with it we entered our room. We were told our rooms were ready and it was about 3:00, The toilet/bathroom had not been clean. My son had to go to the bathroom and there was no soap to wash his hands. The sheets in the drawer for the sofa bed were dirty! The beds were made everyday but it look like the vaccum was never used the three nights that I was there. I cannot believe they but the hugh trashcans on the elevator when they are emptying them. They need to have a separate elevator for trash. The elevator was never clean our entire visit.
The hard plastic shower curtain stuck to you everytime you took a shower. No knob in refrigerator to change settings.

Whoever designed the building must of failed out of college.

VIEW was the best thing and that is free if you sit on the boardwalk.

Stayed: August 2007

Reviewed 16 August 2007

My sister and I took our four boys to Wildwood and stayed at the Montego Bay. We had heard good things from others and decided to pay the premium for the oceanfront rooms. The view was the only thing worth the price for this property. The person working the front desk when we checked in acted as if he was doing us a favor. Our second indication of the things to come was the elevator. Once it arrived, it was the size of a small broom closet and smelled like rotten pine cleaner. For the rest of our stay, I opted to take the six flights of stairs to our room. The rooms are typical shore hotel rooms. Musty and in need of repair. In the first hour of our stay, my sister called the front desk twice for soap, a lighbulb and to replace the temperature knob on the frig. I called them twice the first day for a hot stove that was not turned on and a toilet that kept running and could not be flushed. The beds are a cross between a twin and a double, so average sized adults would be uncomfortable. My four year old was looking forward to the "water park". The fast food play area equipment was closed for our entire stay, so it was fortunate that the weather was good. The view of the boardwalk and ocean was the saving grace of this vacation. My advice, it you want to pay almost $300 per night to have a great view then do so, if not , save your money and find a bench to sit and look at the view.

Reviewed 15 August 2007

My friends and I stayed in a three bed suite and I must say, it was very roomy. The room service was great and the customer service at the check in counter was helpful. The only drawback to the hotel is that there are only TWO elevators for the whole hotel! Waiting for an elevator to get you from the ground floor to your room could take up to fifteen minutes...so take as few bags as possible.

The hotel itself is still on the beach but far enough down on the boardwalk to where there is hardly any traffic. As for the waterpark it is a bit of a disappointment. There is only one pool that gets a bit crowded with children and the hot tub overlaps with the pool so relaxing is difficult.

Overall the hotel was clean and the rooms offer a complete kitchen so you can spend less money on food and more on shopping.

• Stayed: June 2007, travelled with friends
Reviewed 14 August 2007

The Website and view are nice. The "nice" ends there. There are real safety and security concerns as well as price gouging in season. $497 per night was the final tally when on their website the type of room "Superior Ocean view Suite" was advertised as $349 during peak season.

My wife (rather a novice) thought she was booking the "Presidential Jacuzzi suite" for the money she spent.

The entire "new wing" including the infamous indoor water park of the 6 story hotel is serviced by a single tiny slow elevator. We stayed on the 5th floor and getting there and leaving were a big part of the nightmare. Even the staff uses and waits around in the line for the elevator, further adding to the nightmare. It took over an hour 2 adults to empty the SUV to the room. Missed the Beach entirely.

The suite was roomy and did have a decent kitchen and Balcony. The room however was missing working ice trays, any dish soap or sponges. Kleenex and backup Toilet paper did not exist. The bathrooms were both quite dirty. I've stayed in a cleaner "Super 8" on I-95 for $39 / night.

Having paid extra for "extra souls" including an 11 month old infant the sleeper sofabed had no sheets. This was discovered at 1 am. My son slept on NO SHEETS on his 20th birthday for $500 night. The experience kind of felt like jail. We could not wait to leave. I'm pretty sure Wildwood is OVER and Over Rated.

I think it makes sense to make a trip to visit hotels prior to booking in Wildwood. It makes sense that you can't get a chain there because I'm certain no hotels would meet even Motel 6 standards.

Reviewed 13 August 2007

Hubby and I just returned from a 3 night stay at Montego Bay and we couldnt have asked for a better hotel... We were a little worried after reading some of the negative reviews but we went in open-minded. I know everyone complained about how slow the elevators are but in all honesty, they really were not that slow (only during prime dinner hours and in the mornings around 9-10 for check-outs)., You just have to remember there are only 2 elevators for 6 floors and each floor has about 30some rooms!!

I loved the fact that the hotel was directly on the boardwalk. It made it much more convient for us getting to the beach and hitting the boards at night.

This hotel room was layed out great and I liked the fact of having a seperate bedroom from the living area. Our room was very clean and in great shape. Our only complaint would have been the amount of clorine they use for the indoor waterpark... It was extremely overwheling (we just went in to check out and had no intentions of staying at the waterpark anyways). We will definatly be staying at Montego Bay next summer.

• Stayed: August 2007, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 11 August 2007

Nice location, nice location, nice location. It is not a 5 star hotel but after staying in the Acrapolis the previous year, It rates high with me. Your in North Wildwood so you should not expect to much anyway

1  Thank joeymac
Reviewed 9 August 2007

This was the most disgusting hotel i ever stayed at in my life.
It was dirty, smelly, there were holes in the floor and walls. The smell was so bad i had to vomit. It had boogers all over the furniture. The sheets were dirty, the pillows were disgusting. The vent where the central air comes out was filled with inches of dust - The dishes were all stained. We paid $400.00 for the suite. We left a day early - i could not even sleep - I swear there were bed bugs. I looked forward to this vacation. I would have left but my kids wanted to stay and there was no vacancy anyware.
When i think of this place i can vomit.

• Stayed: August 2007