“May2013”

GreenLeadersBronze level
Williamstown, New Jersey
“May2013”
Reviewed 4 September 2013

Older hotel right on the boardwalk. Very clean with friendly staff. Stay here for the past 6 years and always come back. Has nice walk along the boardwalk and quick access to beach. Was recommended to come here from a friend and will always pass on the same recommendation.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled with family
4 Thank Tracker97

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
Glen Gardner, New Jersey
Reviewed 29 August 2013

We've stayed at the King's Inn a number of times over the years and have always had a nice experience.

Calling for a reservation...usually at the last minute...is usually not a problem and the people on the phone are generally pleasant and helpful. Considering some of the morons they have to deal with on the phone, we're surprised they're as nice as they are. Checking in and checking out is easy and again the front desk people were very nice.

The location is excellent...right on the boardwalk and convenient to the beach...and you get one permanent parking space for your stay.

The rooms are generally clean, if very dated (what do you expect...it's Wildwood!), but the bathrooms are very small and the towels are paper thin.

The only complaint we have is that this time we stayed in an "ocean view" room (233) which opens onto a "public deck" with tables and chairs and lounge chairs (ONLY for people staying at the motel) and is directly over an arcade. The music coming from the arcade was very loud as was one of the employees who had a microphone and was shilling for people to come in! And this was ALL DAY AND NIGHT! It finally stopped between 11:00p and midnight (depending on the weather and how many people were walking the boardwalk). But it was certainly annoying!
So beware of the "ocean view" rooms...you've been warned.

Room Tip: Beware of the "ocean view" rooms. They could be very loud from the arcade directly below t...
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank FairReview2
Allentown, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 18 August 2013

Very clean, friendly staff, a bit on the older side.. They have 6 oceanfront rooms with a sundeck that are nice and secluded, apart form the other rooms. The best part, overlooks the boardwalk and shorter walk to the beach. Excellent location!

Room Tip: Rooms that are oceanfront are a bit more secluded, private and you can people watch from the sun dec...
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank laredo11
Warminster, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 12 August 2013

My son and I ended up extending our stay an extra day for the 2 nd year in a row at kings inn .. Location is great !!! Rooms are clean , service is excellent. The location is rite on the boardwalk , and by the beach , pool is clean , location , location, location

3 Thank Complicated4010
MontgomeryPennsylvania
Reviewed 11 August 2013

We stayed at King's from July 21st through July 27th. As always we had a very good experience. We stayed in room 103. The room was very clean and comfortable. The housekeeping staff was great. We always stay at King's and have never had a bad experience. As far as the previous review regarding not allowing visitors, I certainly can understand that. If everyone staying at King's had visitors for the day, the place would be so crowded with people it would be unmanageable. I'm glad they have rules and stick to them. We have been staying at King's for years. We tried of couple of other places but came back to King's. The location can't be beat. The rooms are very nice and management is very friendly and helpful. Can't wait to go back next year. Karen...... Montgomery Pa.

Room Tip: We really enjoy street side. Its just a few steps to the boardwalk and the pool.
1 Thank vacationmom25
Grassflat, PA
Reviewed 24 July 2013

We stayed here for two nights for a last minute getaway. The motel was nice for the price. We stayed in the annex with a king sized bed. The inside was a typical Jersey beach motel. People going expecting a "Hilton" stay will be disappointed. We enjoyed out stay. The room was clean. We had a fridge, microwave, and a really good working AC in our room. The TV was a little small, but for us was not a big deal. Our room was quiet throughout the night. The location was great and was easy to get to. The motel is right on the boardwalk with beach access right outside the motel on both sides of the motel. The staff was very friendly. We will definitely stay here again! It can't be beat for the price! It was approximately $220-230 for two nights with tax included.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
4 Thank Jace E
Wenonah
Reviewed 16 July 2013

The only thing that the Kings Inn has going for it, is the location. It sits conveniently right on the boardwalk. The negatives however, made for a very un-relaxing stay. For starters it is overpriced for the condition of the rooms. Then after telling the maid that I didn't need service on day one, I then got a very rude visit from the office manager (banging on my door) telling me that I had to have my room serviced or else my room would be too messy when I checked out. (Mind you, I never said I wouldn't have it serviced the next day) Then I was told that we were not allowed to have our friends visit us (for the day, not staying over). And was told that it clearly states "no visitors" in the brochure, which it does not (I checked). So I visited my friends at their place, yet continued to be "watched" often when I was back at my own hotel. I also witnessed the office manager arguing with many of the other tenants for what seemed like very illogical reasons. I am such a very easy going person, but to be treated with such disrespect really put a bad taste in my mouth and I will never stay at The Kings Inn Motel every again and definitely would not recommend it to any of my friends. Oh and my refrigerator took quite a long time to get cold and I thought my food that I had brought was going to spoil.

3 Thank Gina N

#20 of 41 in North Wildwood
White Caps Motel
White Caps Motel
#38 of 41 in North Wildwood

Been to Howard Johnson Wildwood Boardwalk? Share your experiences!