“Great hotel for the family”

Howard Johnson Wildwood Boardwalk
Ranked #37 of 41 Hotels in North Wildwood
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 15 August 2014

This was our first stay at the Kings Inn. We loved it. The owners are very helpful and accommodating. The location is great as it is located on the boardwalk very close to the beach and all the rides.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Tony M
There are newer reviews for Howard Johnson Wildwood Boardwalk

Reviewed 13 August 2014

Let me start by saying that this Motel has a great location - directly on the boardwalk - and l believe if it didn't, this place would have gone out of business a long time ago.

The rooms are old and have long past their ability to even look clean.

Pray to God that you don't have an issue or a problem of ANY kind during your stay, because the woman that owns this place, Kay, is unbelievably rude. I honestly have never been spoken to like this before in my entire life. I'm not going to go into the details, but I will personally NEVER stay here again nor will I give her $1 of my hard earned money. And you know what? She could care less if I come back or not. People keep booking rooms because of their location. Customer Service is non-existent here and she doesn't care.

If you take my words with a grain of salt - that's fine. I have written many reviews, and always try to "read between the lines" sometimes myself. I suggest you continue to read the other reviews here on Trip Advisor and other sites that also mention how rude this woman is. If you still choose to take a chance, just be aware of what you're in for.

12  Thank Dutch0901
Reviewed 9 August 2014 via mobile

If you are looking for something that is in the middle of everything this is the place to stay. The rooms aren't great they are typical motel rooms. No elevator so if you are bringing a lot of stuff be ready to climb all the steps. Friendly for the most part. I have been there 4 times this year. Sometimes they are great other times they seem annoyed. I never had to deal with the cleaning service. I just asked them for towels because I didn't have long stays. The pool is clean. Never too packed. Parking depends on your room. The one time I had to park in the back and my car got keyed. Other times I was in front with no problem at all. The location is the best. If you go to your room and decide you want something...no big deal just take the few steps and get what you want. Sun deck is nice too. Never too packed and you can enjoy. Never rent out to kids. There were kids who wanted a room while we were staying there and the guy at desk didn't even hesitate. He told them no right away. I liked that because I don't have to worry about who is going to be staying there. Watch out for outlets as well. If u need to charge phones or iPads you may want to bring extension cords. We have to unplug our microwave to have an outlet. For short stays I will always pick kings inn!

Stayed: August 2014
Reviewed 8 August 2014

Our family has stayed here twice a year for the last 17 years, and I look forward to this place every time. I'll see you in September....it's always a great time n family friendly too, i hope to continue to go there for the next 17 years, the staff are very helpful and the location is awesome overlooking the boardwalk, beach, and piers, its worth every dime....and you don't have to pay for parking

• Stayed: June 2014
Reviewed 31 July 2014 via mobile

My Wife and I stayed at the King's Inn for their mid-week special. The price was great and so was the location!! We will 100% return next year. The staff was very friendly and the rooms were very clean. The one complaint we had was the 11.99 per day charge for Wi-fi other then that no complaints at all! You can't beat the location or the price.

Stayed: July 2014
2  Thank Demetrios-Erin
Reviewed 30 July 2014

Had a wonderful overnight stay at this motel! We were a party of 2 mothers with 2 children each, so six altogether. Nice and clean room, comfortable beds, close to the action on the boards, swimming pool that the kids enjoyed after a long day at the beach! The staff were professional, efficient and friendly. The view from the large front patio/deck overlooks the boardwalk/ocean and is amazing!! I wish we could have stayed for more than one night!! Arrived a few hours early but they allowed us to check in, which was generous and accommodating!! Was just so impressed. Its an older motel, but to me that is part of the Wildwood charm and I wouldn't have it any other way. The owners clearly know what they're doing, and they must have love for the place because the building is very well maintained. Was a perfect Wildwood visit and motel.

Room Tip: The beachfront rooms up front must be really fun. Most of the hotel, although close to the action, s...
Reviewed 28 July 2014

We stayed in the Annex Building.I was a little nervous to stay in the annex building, but I was pleasantly surprised. It was much more private then the main hotel. We had out own table and chairs right outside of our room. There was not much noise. Friday night we were able to watch the fireworks right from the balcony. The railing was high enough I could let my son run around. Our room and bathroom were both clean. The boardwalk and beach are steps away. The staff was very friendly and accomodating. On Sunday when we were checking out we were able to pay $5.00 to keep our car parked in their lot, go swimming and when we came back from the beach we were able to use the showers and bathrooms by the pool. Over all we had a great experince and I will return next year as long as I can stay in the Annex building.

1  Thank Angela H
#12 of 41 in North Wildwood
Carideon Motel
Carideon Motel
#18 of 41 in North Wildwood

Been to Howard Johnson Wildwood Boardwalk? Share your experiences!