“Poor quality, great location” 2 of 5 bubbles
Review of Acropolis Oceanfront Resort

Acropolis Oceanfront Resort
Ranked #34 of 41 Hotels in North Wildwood
“Poor quality, great location”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 July 2011

Great location. Right next to the beach and in walking distance to the bars of north wildwood. However, owner is all about making money. Can't bring own drinks to the poor, have to buy from their bar, and they have someone making sure of it. They sell parking to the general public so even though you have a room you might not get a paling spot. Pictures on website are much nicer then the actual rooms. Get only two 15in standard definition tvs. Staff is unhappy with relationship with owners and are willing to share every detail about it. Overall, great place place it you don't plan on spending much time in the room or at the pool, other than that not customer friendly at all

• Stayed July 2011
2 Thank mikeyde29

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (70)
NJ
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 July 2011

Let me start this off by saying, I usually only stay at 5 start hotels on vacation. However, my parents booked this hotel for a family vacation. When I first arrived I was VERY skeptical. The entire hotel is from the 70's era. Not many improvements have been done however, it is well maintained. It's NO 5 star hotel to say the least HOWEVER, the hotel has a lot to offer that most motels do not. For instance the hotel has an outside bar located near the pool, Im not a drinker but I did have a frozen pina colada while basking in the sun. They also have live entertainment outside on the weekends. It was such a nice time to be able to swim in the pool and listen to the one man band and dj. All of the guests participated and it made it seem more like a family party than a hotel.
Our room was on the 4th floor. The view is amazing!!!!!!!! Sitting on the balcony in the morning drinking coffee or sitting at night is wonderful! The view overcomes the old interior of the rooms. The staff is very nice. Family oriented and never forgets a name.
This is no top of the line hotel, it's roughing it, however, its only old and outdated, it's clean. As far as the beds, I slept better than I have in months. Very comfortable!
As I was leaving today, we looked at the penthouse suites which were AMAZING. They are brand new and absolutely beautiful not to mention, those rooms have 2 balconies! We are planning on going back and staying in one of the penthouse suites!
One plus of this hotel is if you have more than one car you can pay $10 a day for parking in their lot behind the hotel. It sure beats driving around on a holiday wknd trying to find parking 12 blocks away and then you can't move your car b/c you will lose your spot. With the $10 a day parking, you can come and go as you like for that one set fee. It was well worth it to us!

Room Tip: The view out weighs the old and outdated!
  • Stayed July 2011, travelled with family
Gloucester, VA
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 July 2011

We stayed her for two nights while attending son's graduation from Cape May Coast Guard boot camp. We were very worried since we read reviews AFTER we had already booked room. No worries! The place was clean, no bedbugs, and location at end of beach strip was nice. They have a great pool, and the view overlooking beach and ocean was great. Ask to be on third floor or higher, though. We were on 2nd and the dunes were in the way.
The hotel is old, but adequate - it's no Hilton! Bring your own toilet paper, unless you like 1940's Army surplus stuff! My wife hated the bed. I was OK with it. They're on the hard side. No hair dryer! The on-site restaurant had basic beach fare - burgers, wraps, etc. Prices were OK. All in all, not that bad of a place. I've stayed in worse.

Room Tip: Ask for 3rd floor or higher
  • Stayed July 2011, travelled with family
Pennsville, New Jersey
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 June 2011

I planned my son's wedding here and spent numerous times speaking with the owner both in person ,on the phone and in person. He assured me he would have the bar supplied, a place for the cake, pool lights on, tables, and electric. The day of the wedding, he wanted to put the cake in a small hallway near vacuum cleaners and where people walked. The bar was unaware of a wedding, the electric cables we had to find and no tables. His wife made rude comments to quests about not liking children at the hotel. They charged the quests $10.00 to park. To add insult to injury they wouldn't turn on the pool lights for the reception. Awful experience!

• Stayed June 2011, travelled with family
4 Thank swimintheocean

Travellers are raving about these North Wildwood hotels

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 September 2010

I'm looking forward to my next visit this month. The hotel is showing it's age but the positives outweigh the negatives. This is a family run hotel. I always feel at home when I arrive. When you travel alone it's nice to feel comfortable and safe. Five years ago I stayed at the Acropolis for the first time. I made it a point to get to know the owners and staff (minimal in the off season) from day one. All of the rooms are not the same. Over the years I've learned which rooms I prefer. So if your new to the hotel you may end up in a "not so great room". The view from the 5th floor is amazing. All the rooms are ocean front so you can't go wrong. I have to say...most visits I find a small problem with my room. A lock that's sticking, remote dosn't work. But Jack comes and fixes the problem immediately. All I have to do is ask. This is to be expected after a long summer of guests coming and going.
The price can't be beat and the location is the best in the Wildwoods. Beautiful pool too.

• Stayed September 2010, travelled solo
2 Thank regina309
Delaware County PA
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 September 2010

spent 4 nights 5 days on the 5th floor. Had a great time room was clean staff was wonderful. Sorry to hear Nick's mom Rose passed away. R.I.P. Rose.

• Stayed September 2010, travelled as a couple
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 August 2010

The rooms were disgusting, we killed a bug in one room and found a clump of hair in the sink. There were only two double beds and a single bed. The sheets were all stained and they were folded on the twin bed. The showere Is small and the bath towels were stained. The service was terrible because they made us make our bed with clean sheets one night. The tv remote didn't work for two nights before they gave us a new tv. The refrigerator was sticky and there was only one lamp. The rug was disgusting! Then on check out day, never once did they ask if we enjoyed our stay. How rude!!! When we gave the lady our remotes and room keys, she never gave us our $10 remote deposit. She finally said I will take it out of the register but hope you are not lying. How rude to acuse a customer of lying!!!!!! I will never stay there again. If you really want a nice hotel then go to the REGENCY!!!!!!!!! It is really nice.

• Stayed September 2010