This was a last minute booking and we were very excited to get it until we walked through the door! We were told the room was on the first floor, it was on the Ground floor. Which is really no big deal but in this place it is. The room was VERY dark. It was like walking into an old basement apartment. It was nothing like the pictures on the website. The back rom was freezing and the front room was warm, and the lamp in the one room didn't work. We did go to the front desk to let them know but nothing was done, we happened to find the maintenance man on the grounds and brought him to our room to fix the air conditioner & light! The whole place needs to be updated and brought into this century.
The staff at the front desk were nice but didn't seem to care that our air wasn't working. The restaurant in the hotel was very good and prices were reasonable. The pool water was clean but the pool itself needed to be scrubbed!
Also having to pay 4% MORE to pay with a credit card is absolutely absurd! They more or less force you to pay cash!!!! We will NEVER go back there again & we will NEVER recommend it to anyone!!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- At the Beach.....All rooms OCEANFRONT! Deluxe motel rooms, 2 room motel suites, efficiences, 2 & 3 room efficiency suites...beatifully appointed with room phones, silent central air conditioning & heat, soundproof and fireproof, private oceanfront balconies, cable color TV & AM/FM music, sparkling ceramic baths, daily maid service and room service. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com so you can book your Acropolis Oceanfront Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Acropolis Oceanfront Hotel North Wildwood
- Acropolis Oceanfront Motel