“Memorial day weekend” 3 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #19 of 41 Hotels in North Wildwood
Huntingdon Valley, Pennsylvania, United States
“Memorial day weekend”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 September 2013

This was our second time here . The first was so much better in 2012 , but this time was just so-so . Location is great and if you can get room like I did the first time really great ...I was upstairs with a bigger room , but my second was just ok . I came here because they were pet friendly but kept getting called about my dogs barking ...well yeah , dogs do that . Was with family and now had to have either me or husband stay behind . There were many young adults staying there making all kinda of loud noises all night so that was kinda of annoying when I was called about my dogs ( I didn't run into this at another pet friendly location ) and so accordingly most dogs will bark ...they were not stressed , just being dogs . It seemed more geared twords the 18-20 somethings who want to party all night and crash than a family with young children or pet friendly place .

• Stayed May 2013, travelled with family

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 August 2013

I was here for the Summer Mummers weekend. The management were extremely friendly and inviting. Any question or concerns were immediately addressed. The pool was always kept clean, as was the hotel. I recommend it to everyone I know planning a trip. I had such a great time that I booked again for this upcoming week. I will continue to stay here from now till the foreseeable future.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with friends
Lancaster, Pennsylvania
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 August 2013

I stay at surf 16 for a few days in August this summer. I was happy with my room, It was small but very clean. The pool and outside area was very clean.The new manger was nice and friendly. This is a family motel, so no late night partying here. I don't go to Wildwood every summer but when I do go back I will stay at Surf 16 again.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
Yardley, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 August 2013

Every June my daughter and my two granddaughters go away for a "girls only" vacation. This past June we picked Surf 16 which was recommended by my neighbors. We had the big suite, 2 bedrooms and livingroom. A great idea since the girls went to bed early and we could sit and read or watch TV before retiring. The beach is only a block away and after going there every day we all enjoyed the pool upon returning. Parking was easy even though we ate at a few restaurants in walking distance. Sam's was great for breakfast. Surf 16 is a friendly family motel and the staff couldn't be beat. I may return in September with some of my girlfriends.

Room Tip: Ask for one of the newly renovated rooms.
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Joan D
Yonkers, NY
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 August 2013

I have been staying at Surf 16 for the past 3 years. I even went back a 2nd time this year (2013) . The staff is excellent the owner's are extremely friendly and accomodating. I am a property manager for 20 years and have to say that the owner's are doing an excellent job turning this place around. If you are looking for a great location and great hospitality then Surf 16 is the place you want to stay.

Room Tip: The 2 queen size beds was a good size room to stay in.
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
Stratford, New Jersey, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 August 2013

Great place to stay at an affordable price. Went down this past saturday with my boyfriend for a over night getaway got lucky and found this place by accident. Staff was wonderful to us. We even booked here for Irish Weekend.

Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 August 2013 via mobile

We've been coming to this hotel for many years with it's past owners and were very pleased with each stay. But this year will be the last year. If you want to be hawked and feel uncomfortable then this is the place for you. New owners are HORRIBLE!! Not friendly or inviting. They keep hawking you and watch every move you make in their office through the blinds. I will never come back again. From checking out they go into the room with you and make sure everything is OK. .they should do that process to check in and see if we want to stay in that filth.. Felt like they haven't vaccumed in weeks. Don't spend your money on this hotel. Go somewhere else. Not worth the $.

• Stayed August 2013
Lollipop Motel
Lollipop Motel
#2 of 41 in North Wildwood
Howard Johnson Wildwood Boardwalk
Howard Johnson Wildwood Boardwal...
#39 of 41 in North Wildwood
Island Breeze Motel
Island Breeze Motel
#29 of 76 in Wildwood
The Sand Box Motel
The Sand Box Motel
#3 of 76 in Wildwood

Been to Surf 16 Motel? Share your experiences!