“Fun for the Family”

Ranked #15 of 41 Hotels in North Wildwood
Selden, New York
“Fun for the Family”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 August 2012

This motel is in a great location in Wildwood. The boardwalk for the beach is right outside your door. The room was clean and had all the things a family would need being on a vacation. The pool was clean and being kept that way every couple of hours by the staff. The hospitality at the front desk was great and helpful. If you love the beach, restaurants and rides, this is a great place for a family vacation.

Room Tip: 1st floor worked for us having my mom and cousin who cannot climb the steps. The staff accommodated...
  • Stayed August 2012, travelled with family
Kathy M, General Manager at Sahara Motel, responded to this review, 25 September 2012
Thank you for your great review - We appreciate it very much!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (51)
Plymouth
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 August 2012

When we checked in the service was great they were right on top of things and the staff was very nice and helpful.Also the room service did a very good job.When we got to our room the room was very clean and very welcoming and big enough for my kids to run a lot of motels are small. The room had a living room, kitchen, bathroom, and bedroom.The outside of the motel was very clean and taken care of.The view was breath taking you could see the ocean and boardwalk right from your window.This is the perfect motel to stay at.I have been to a lot of motels and this was the best.I will be back. : )

• Stayed August 2012, travelled with family
Thank you for your review. I will be sure to share it with the Staff. They do a great job and I sure they will be happy to read your comments. We hope to see you next season!
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 August 2012

The Sahara is a great motel in a perfect location. We stayed there this past weekend and the staff was very attentive. The room we had was located overlooking the pool, boardwalk and the ocean. All of the staff members were friendly from saying to hello to reminding us about the Friday night fireworks. Whether you are looking for a weekend getaway or a weeklong stay I would recommend the Sahara

• Stayed August 2012
1 Thank JoeB4505
I just wanted to thank you for your review. It is much appreciated. Hope to see you next season!
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 August 2012

This was our first time here at the Sahara. Last year while visiting my parents at Montego Bay across the street we thought it was a good location and would give it a try for our next vacation. So we went on Tripadvisor and read nothing but good reviews. We booked with Nick in February and were all set to go for this coming season. We noticed mid spring that the website was gone. My son stayed there in June and said it was fine with out any problems or issues with service or the room. We booked a effec. unit which would hold up to 6 guests. The brochure Nick sent made the rooms look quite large and it matched with the pics we saw on the website. We then found out just a week or so before our vacation and after reading reviews the hotel had been going throough a transition with different owners. I guess the original owners did not want to say anything to any of their long time guests or new guests in fear that people may change their plans and book elsewhere. So we arrived any everything was fine just a few minor issues.
There was a broken drawer front off one of the dressers in our livingroom we just left the front there but a young guy came and took it away and fixed it immediately. The second day we just need towels and they gave us more than enough which was great... My kids brought some sand into the livingroom and I asked one of the staff to run a vaccum around quickly and the guy did it right away. The young girls at the front desk were more than accomidating and were very nice to deal with. My son said that the layout of the effec. seems smaller than the basic 2 queens in a large room with just a small frig. Also I am not a big fan of having my kitchen area just outside of the bathroom door within a step away. There was a very nice frig/freezer roomy but I would not recommend cooking on the small 2 burners stove top. It seemed very old and dated. Most of the room was old and dated but I can see that the previous owners did not do to many updates and the new owners inherited what they were given. Also the only air conditioning comes from the bedroom in the back of the room which means you have to keep the door open to get airflow to the front of the room or if you shut the door you will freeze in the back bedroom.

The pool was maintained by a pool company and my kids loved using it. Also the upper deck area was nice for sunning yourself and it seemed like alot of the long timers new to grab those seats up. There were grills there if you wanted to reserve but we did not feel like having to cook on a vacation but many guests did use them.

I got to speak to some of the long time guests about how they felt about the new owners and all said that even though they missed the previous guys the new owners seemed as though they could not do enough for you and if there were any issues or problems they had the staff quickly resolved them. One guest told me he thought that the new owners added some nice touches like shower gels soaps etc that the previous owners did not. You cant beat the location though and that alone sells the place. The staff really seemed like they were working really hard to make sure all the guests and their families had a very nice vacation to remember.......Hopefully some renovations in time with the rooms will make this place excellent place to stay in all around:)

Room Tip: stay on the second level just across from the sunning deck great spot
1 Thank lauren g
Thank you for your review, I was happy to read your suggestions. I am glad that we were able to address any challenges you had while you were here and hope to see you next season!
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 August 2012

This was our first year staying at the Shara. Great location. We had a few problems which the staff quickly fixed. Don't know why other reviewers are complaining about towels and cleanliness. Our towels were always restocked and I watched someone walk around all day and clean up outside. I would like to see three umbrellas on sundeck (three table only two umbrellas) and new sleeper sofas ( cushions and mattress was horrible). I will be going back next year if opened.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank Janet G
I am glad you had a great time and thank you for being our guest! I do agree with you, three tables, three umbrellas. I am working on that. Hope to see you next season!
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 August 2012

We have been coming to the Sahara for years and like many others, were surprised when we found out beforehand that the old owners were not around. We were originally skeptical, as we had very good service with the former owners and had heard some not so great stories of how the hotel was being managed in the past 2 months. We have just come back from our trip this past weekend and I have absolutely nothing to complain about!. There are numerous families in our group and between us all, we rent out at least 8 rooms at the hotel. No one had any major issues. If there weren't enough towels in the room, I asked and they were brought immediately. Another member of our group had a lamp and tv not working, they were immediately fixed. Someone in our party got locked out of their room at night, management got us in right away. Our rooms were all clean and ready at check in. The pool was very clean as was the sundeck. As with anything new, there may have been some initial glitches, but the management group seems to have everything under control and they were very pleasant and helpful. I will definitely come back to this hotel.

Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
3 Thank Cris P
Brooklyn, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 July 2012

Had made reservations for the end of June and had to cancel. We called them more then a month before the resevation date and cancelled. Was told we would be receiving the deposit in the mail by Nick.

Have received nothing and we keep calling and get no response. Today however someone finally answered the phone said they do not own it anymore.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank skye230
Ricky B, Manager at Sahara Motel, responded to this review, 30 July 2012
Dear Guest,
We apologize about the confusion.
Even though all these deposits were collected and taken by the prior owner, we are honoring all the deposits paid for future reservations.
Refunds for cancellations are also being processed on an individual basis.
Please call me directly with details so we can issue the refund the prior owner promised.
Regards,