“Love the Sahara”
Review of Sahara Motel

Sahara Motel
Ranked #15 of 39 Hotels in North Wildwood
Reviewed 5 June 2014

I have been staying at the Sahara Motel for years. The new owners are absolutely wonderful and on top of their game. The room renovations that they are doing are great. The place is nice and clean. I can't believe how much they did in such a small window of time before the summer season. This is the only place that I will stay at in North Wildwood. Thank you Sahara. See you soon. :0)

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Tara G
Adam C, Owner at Sahara Motel, responded to this reviewResponded 6 June 2014

Thank you so much for your amazing review....We are so happy you enjoyed your stay, We look forward to seeing you again at the Sahara. Have a great Summer. Sahara Motel...

Reviewed 2 June 2014

My family and I stayed at the Sahara Motel this past weekend, all I have to say is what an amazing motel at the jersey shore. The views of the ocean were beautiful, the walk to the boardwalk for my kids was so convienent, and the rooms were all redone and clean! The location was perfect to get to the beach and boardwalk, we parked our car and never had to move it for the whole weekend. Keep doing what your doing Sahara Motel... Great job! see ya soon!

Room Tip: The second and third floor rooms are amazing.. The views are incredable.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank beachbab122100
Adam C, Owner at Sahara Motel, responded to this reviewResponded 2 June 2014

Thank You so much for your fantastic review of our Resort Property. We are so happy you and your family enjoyed your stay with us. We look forward to seeing you again soon at the Sahara. See you at the Beach...Sahara Motel....

Reviewed 20 May 2014

This motel is a mom and pop motel on the boardwalk in N Wildwood. I have stayed in this type of motel before so I thought I knew what to expect. When we arrived and were given our keys to our room and we discovered it was at the back of the property with the window facing a wall and supply closet I became very upset, this was not the weekend I imagined. The room smelled a little old and it had outdated furniture in it. I know that they are renovating so I assume that this is a room they have not gotten to yet. I went and talked to the owner and he explained to me that when you book through a expedia or hotels.com site you get exactly what they list and this was the room they offered. The motel was booked for the weekend but he offered to do some problem solving. He made a few calls and managed to get a long time customer who usually booked the room we were staying in to move and offered us a 2nd floor corner ocean view room with of course an extra $40 per day.

We took the room and were happy to have it. I could not have enjoyed my weekend in the other room. I booked it through hotels.com because it was a decent price and went towards my points. I would not do that again. We still ended up spending more $ than we anticipated and should have just called the motel itself. The location was good boardwalk and Ocean Front. We would stay here again but next time would book directly with the motel to get the best room and rate for our needs. We appreciated that the owner went out of his way to try and help us feel more comfortable rather than just saying " sorry we are booked you got what you got"

Room Tip: Higher floors have excellent ocean views
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Nicole L
Adam C, Owner at Sahara Motel, responded to this reviewResponded 21 May 2014

Thank You for your review. We are glad that you enjoyed your stay, we are also glad that we were able to accomodate your room change. We have 8 different types of rooms, and obviously are guests are all looking for different things when it comes to where to stay within the Motel...We look forward to seeing you again at the Sahara, and we are happy we were able to make your weekend enjoyable. Thanks again. The Sahara Motel...

Reviewed 11 May 2014

WOW!!! That sums up my experience this past weekend at the Sahara. You will be amazed with all the new upgrades, it is like a totally new motel. Everything in our room was new and very clean. Love the new sliding glass doors. The new flooring on the sun deck is gorgeous. The newly renovated pool with waterfall is beautiful. I have been coming to the Sahara for about 15 years now and this is the best it has ever looked. Would definitely recommend this hotel to everyone. I certainly will return again for many years to come. Thank you Sahara!!!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
4  Thank Missy M
Adam C, Owner at Sahara Motel, responded to this reviewResponded 12 May 2014

Thank You so much for your fantastic review. We are so happy that you enjoyed your stay and all the amazing upgrades and renovations we did to our resort property. We look forward to seeing you again at the Sahara. Have a great Spring and Summer. See you again soon at the Beach. The Sahara Motel.....

Reviewed 28 April 2014

Stayed at the Sahara during Easter weekend. Everyone was friendly and our maid Ashley was very pleasant and helpful. The pool looks wonderful as well as the new deck and decorations. Adam and Robyn (owners) were very nice and really cared about our stay. The sliding glass doors in our room really opened for the 1st time since i have been going to the Sahara. our room 326 was really nice and we had a great view of the boardwalk and ocean. We will be back , things sure did change and it was really for the good.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
4  Thank cindytherella
Adam C, Owner at Sahara Motel, responded to this reviewResponded 29 April 2014

Thank you for your fantastic review. We are so happy you enjoyed your stay. We look forward to seeing you again during the season. Have a great summer, and hopefully you will return to the beach soon. Sahara Motel

Reviewed 27 February 2014

My family and I have been coming to the The Sahara for the last few years and I am happy to say we just booked our reservation for July 2014!! The Sahara has the best location for my family, you just park the car on the lot for the week and you have the beach and boardwalk right in front of you!! I must say that after speaking to the owners that I can't wait to see all the fantastic renovations that are being done to the rooms as well as the pool and sun deck!! it's nice to see that the owners put a lot of TLC into their motel. Looking forward to returning to The Sahara. :)

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
Adam C, Owner at Sahara Motel, responded to this reviewResponded 28 February 2014

Thank You so much for your review. We look forward to seeing you once again at the Sahara Motel. You will not believe all the renovations and upgrades to our fantastic resort property. See you in July. The Sahara Motel..

Reviewed 27 September 2013

Our fire company (Whiting Fire Company # 1) has been coming to the firemen's convention since 1979 and we have stayed in the Sahara Motel since 2007 and this was the first year with the new owners of the motel and we were concerned how our stay would be as we had become accustomed to a routine and wasn't sure if the new owners would be ok with everything. I must say our concerns were immediately put to rest as they were more then accommodating to all of our needs and extremely helpful with everything. There is so much that these new owners are looking to do the further improve the quality of the motel and we cannot wait to return again in 2014. There is not a better location in North Wildwood that we would want to stay, you are latterly right on the Boardwalk with a great view of the ocean. Thanks Again Magritte, Adam, Robin Brianna, the maids and maintenance guy that made this a great convention!

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
4  Thank Brad C
Adam C, Owner at Sahara Motel, responded to this reviewResponded 28 September 2013

Thank You for your great review. It was a pleasure having the entire Fire Department stay at our property. We as well, look forward to a continue long relationship with all of you and the Sahara. We are so glad that you enjoyed your well deserved weekend, and we cant wait until 2014 to see all of you again for another fantastic year. Have a great Fall and Winter, and the summer will be here before you know it. Thanks again from everyone at the Sahara Motel.