“Awesome stay”
Review of Sahara Motel

Sahara Motel
Ranked #14 of 41 Hotels in North Wildwood
Reviewed 19 August 2014

My family stayed at the Sahara for a week in early August. Not only is it clean and convenient to the boardwalk and rides, the staff is friendly and accommodating. It is a classic Do wop motel. The staff is in perpetual motion to keep everything clean and looking nice for the guests. I highly recommend the Sahara and will be coming back again and again.

Room Tip: You can see the ocean from almost all the rooms.
1  Thank dnsprint
Adam C, Owner at Sahara Motel, responded to this reviewResponded 20 August 2014

Thank you so much for you review of our resort property. We are so happy that you and the family enjoyed your stay with us. We look forward to seeing you back in the years to come. Have a great summer and winter. See you next season at the Beach. Thanks again, The Sahara Motel.

There are newer reviews for Sahara Motel

Reviewed 18 August 2014

I've been going to Wildwood for vacations since I was a little girl and had always stayed at Wildwood Crest. This year my husband and I decided to stay at the Sahara in North Wildwood. This was a new experience for me as I was able to get a different perspective. The location was fantastic as we were right on the Boardwalk but far enough away that we didn't have to contend with noisy crowds and a quick walk under the Baordwalk had our toes in the sand. Everything that we wanted was within walking distance. The hotel itself was cute and very clean. The owner was a woman and she was adorable and very friendly. She was also a great resource for suggestions on restaurants and activities. Every night there was some type of entertainment or parade on the Boardwalk which stopped right in front of the hotel for the first performance before it moved further down the boardwalk. We couldn't have asked for a better experience. All of this was great for my kids who range from pre-teen to teen. I would recommend this hotel to anyone.

Room Tip: Oceanview second floor rooms are the best
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Joyce F
Adam C, Owner at Sahara Motel, responded to this reviewResponded 19 August 2014

Thank you so much for your fantastic review. We are so happy that you and your entire family enjoyed your stay with us. We look forward to seeing you again next season. Have a great rest of summer and winter. See you at the Beach...Thanks again...The Sahara Motel....

Reviewed 15 August 2014

My mom and I were in search of a hotel on the boardwalk for under $200 a night. We found this gem in the middle of summer! We arrived about an hour early, and they were able to check us in. We entered the room and were delighted to find that it was spotless. Having worked in a hotel and knowing what can be missed when cleaning, I am always in search of these areas. None were found! The bed was very comfy as well. We were in a type 1 efficiency, that had a stove, fridge, microwave, sink, and toaster. It also had kitchenware for you to use. The pool is also a great area and clean too. They also have a deck with lounge chairs and tables on the second floor, which is perfect for sun bathing, sitting out at night, and watching the boardwalk. Although you can't walk directly onto the boardwalk from the hotel steps, the boardwalk is pretty much in the hotels parking lot. There is also a daily housekeeping service that will come in and change your towels. We look forwarding to frequenting this hotel every year!

Room Tip: If you have a lot of items or have health issues and can't use stairs, request a room on the low...
Adam C, Owner at Sahara Motel, responded to this reviewResponded 16 August 2014

Thank You so much for your incredible Review...We are so happy that both of you had such an amazing time at our Resort Property. We look forward to seeing you again next season. Enjoy the rest of your Summer. See you at the Beach... Thanks Again...The Sahara Motel...

Reviewed 15 August 2014

I've been visiting this hotel for the past 7 years. I noticed new owners a couple years ago, but it was just the husband, and he was very nice. This year a woman in the office(I'm assuming it was the wife) was very rude and suspicious. She asked me questions about the people that were with me, and when I answered her honestly, she acted as if I was lying. There was a customer ahead of me that was asking if there was an elevator because he had a hard time with the stairs due to his MS. She said "You don't look like you have MS" instead of just politely saying there was no elevator. I was informed of the additional fees for visitors (10$ day) which I paid although they did not use the shower, pool, or anything else in the hotel. When I told this same woman they were just coming for the beach and wouldn't be using anything she actually asked me why they were coming for the day withiout a room!
The motel is in a great location, is clean, and there have been some improvements since the new owners took over. But I think I will find a motel with a friendlier staff for next year.

4  Thank dstott714
Adam C, Owner at Sahara Motel, responded to this reviewResponded 15 August 2014

In reference to this review. I don't even know this guest or have any recollection of this person staying at our resort property. In ref to her comments about SOME upgrades...Obviously she has the wrong Motel considering we renovated all 36 guests rooms, we renovated the Sun Deck and Renovated the entire swimming pool area and deck area. I guess that is a bit more then SOME upgrades. Not to mention the New Beds, Flat Screen TV and windows including third floor sliding glass doors. We take tremendous pride in our customer service and this is clearly visible to our guest who have written over 70 5 star reviews....In ref to this persons comments about MS...it does not warrant a response, as we are very accommodating to all our guests and try our best to make there stay as welcoming as possible. It is obvious that this individual has there facts incorrect ,including the wrong MOTEL.. and it is a shame that I must respond to such a ridiculous review. Thanks to all our loyal guests who have enjoyed themselves this season and we look forward to seeing everyone back in the coming seasons ahead. See You at the Beach. Thanks Sahara Motel..

Reviewed 14 August 2014

Been staying here yearly since 1976, and the new owners Marg. Adam, & Robin have been incredible! The place has under gone many renovations including the pool and deck which was soarly needed. The staff on hand including Paul and the maids' were friendly and as helpful as could be. This is and will always be our place to stay! Btw, it's literary only a few feet from the beach and boardwalk which makes the location that much more a gem....The Stein family thanks you for yet another wonderful stay!!!

• Stayed: July 2014
Adam C, Owner at Sahara Motel, responded to this reviewResponded 15 August 2014

Thank you so much for your incredible review. We are so happy you and the entire family enjoyed your vacation with us. Hearing from long time guests like your family is fantastic. We look forward to seeing you again next season. Have a great summer. Thanks again...see you at the beach....The Sahara Motel....

Reviewed 14 August 2014

We came in for a 7 day stay, an the owners have done so much to improve this motel. The rooms were spotless an the view was to die for. Location was totally perfect. I didn't have to use my car the whole time. An the motel itself is spotless. They have this guy. (Paul). That goes out of his way to make you feel at home. He dosen't stop the whole day. He stays on top of everything. The maids are very nice an helpful. I would tell everyone with a family to come to the sahara. Awesome stay. I've found my new vacation spot. Thank you so much Sahara. Joe.

• Stayed: August 2014
Adam C, Owner at Sahara Motel, responded to this reviewResponded 14 August 2014

Thank You so much for your awesome review.....We are so happy you enjoyed your stay with us. We look forward to seeing you next season. Have a great rest of your summer. Our staff will be very happy as well, to read your review. Thanks again...see you at the beach..The Sahara Motel.....

Reviewed 13 August 2014

My family has been coming to this hotel through quite a few owners and it is a great hotel. We have not had any problems with management because it is not hard to follow their rules and let them know you will be having a guest. We are expected to check in next week and cannot wait!

• Stayed: August 2014
1  Thank Leelee1829
Adam C, Owner at Sahara Motel, responded to this reviewResponded 15 August 2014

Thank You for your incredible review. We are so happy you enjoyed your stay with us. We can't wait to see you again next season. Have a great summer. Thanks again...See you at the Beach...The Sahara Motel...