“Great friendly atmosphere - Linda from AUBURN, NY”

Panoramic Motel Apts
Ranked #13 of 41 Hotels in North Wildwood
Reviewed 1 August 2014

I have been staying at this hotel for 20+ years . Best place to stay at the jersey shore. Very clean...owners are wonderful and very accommodating. Close to the beach ...boards and shopping. Perfect spot to bring your family if you want a nice place to stay!!!!!!

• Stayed: July 2014
3  Thank cabinfever1971
nwmotelman, Manager at Panoramic Motel Apts, responded to this reviewResponded 2 August 2014

Thank you Linda for writing a great review for the Panoramic. We always look forward to your family staying with us year after year. It wouldn't be the same without seeing each summer. Thanks again!!

Reviewed 24 July 2014

The panoramic is the motel to stay at for a clean and friendly
vacation.The location is perfect for getting around on foot.
Pool,rooms and grounds are clean and well kept.The owners
Chris and Sue are great,even gave us a jump start when we
left our car had a dead battery! When you come to Wildwood
be sure to check these guys out, you wont be disappointed.
Thanks again for the great time!

Frank Frankie & Kathy

Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
nwmotelman, Manager at Panoramic Motel Apts, responded to this reviewResponded 26 July 2014

Thank you for writing about your stay at the Panoramic Motel. We're happy you enjoyed staying with us this year. We try to help make your vacation a good experience which includes helping with your car battery. Look forward to seeing you next year!!!

Reviewed 24 July 2014

Where do I start, so much to say about this lovely place. First off, my wife's family has been going to this motel for decades (30+ yrs), since my wife was a baby, they even stay in the same rooms each year. That alone tells you miles about how special this place is for them, and now for me (last 10 years).

So, let me break it down for you from an experienced and regular customer, and address what I like about it, and challenge every single bad review on here.

1) ROOM - Look and size and cleanliness
Folks, you are in a beach town, and walking in Wildwood which dates decades. If you are looking for the Ritz Carlton or a resort luxury, go to Aruba or take a cruise. The room is CLEAN, and that's what counts. I don't expect to find leather couches and memory foam beds. The maid comes in to clean the room every single day, passes the vacuum, dusts, cleans the bathroom, it is SPOTLESS !! I am sure the carpets are professionally cleaned every year too. Sheets felt fresh to my behind when I slept on them. I could not ask for more. Very roomy with 2 double beds and a living room with a pullout. Fridge, microwave, stove, dining room table. This place is loaded. Kitchen cabinets are not the latest modern oak look, and who cares, I am not there to store my fine china.

2) POOL
You won't find a nicer pool in Wildwood than this one. The owner Chris maintains this pool meticulously, so much so that I love chatting with him when he is cleaning it. It is big enough to swim in. I hate cold water so rarely swin in the Ocean (not Sea), so my water enjoyment during our trip is in his pool, which I believe is heated, cause it's always warn when I get in. Now to address the annoying complaints about the pool closing at 6:00. This is not a 24HR resort people, the owner needs to clean the pool and I don't expect him to do so at midnight. Also, there are no lifeguards on duty, will take 1 drowning at night for someone to have the nerve to sue him for it. So yes, close the pool at 6:00 please. We swim during the day and it's plenty. And who wants screaming people in a pool at night anyways, and yes I have an 8 year old, and he even gets annoyed when it is too loud out there in the pool, so let the noise happen during the day, and a quiet (and well lit) pool at night is just fine by us. Want to swim 24 hours a day, buy a pool and stick it in your backyard.

3) TECH
I used to joke with the owner Chris every year, asking him when he was going to change out the CRT TV's for flat screens. Of course it was a joke, because after all, we are on vacation, if I wanted to watch TV I would have stayed home. But it was nice to see that this year, he was serious when he answered back that yes they were upgraded to flat screens. Also, they have free wi-fi, but again, don't expect to be viewing some 50Gb HD movie, internet speeds are average at best, enough to check your emails for those attached to work, or for us, the occasional Facebook picture and timeline update.

5) OUTDOOR AREA
There are chairs outside the rooms to sit and relax, as well as a picnic table and lounge chairs around the pool. To address the few complaints about running around and having fun outside I say this. The chairs are to sit, the walk area is to walk to your destination. It is not a soccer park nor a running track. We are a young family with a child, and while it's great to play around outside with other kids, one must be mindful that this is a motel with OTHERS staying there. Don't assume that if you are there for a soccer tournament that you can run around kicking a soccer ball everywhere, or that because you stay up until midnight drinking and having fun with YOUR family that the rest of the motel must follow along. We appreciate the fact that Chris and his wife is selective in who stays at their place, and we appreciate the rules they might enforce if soemone gets too loud or disruptive during the night when others are trying to sleep to enjoy their vacation day the next day.

4) OWNERS & SERVICE
We consider the owners family, and that goes a long way for saying how nice it is to stay here. When the hurricane happened, we called from Montreal in the winter to make sure their place (and the boardwalk) was ok, we just could not image something happening to it and having to stay somewhere else with other owners. In terms of service, as a customer, I expect nothing more than the owner handing me a key to my room, and making sure the maid keeps it clean, that's it. My expectations are low. But to show how far the owners will go out of their way to make things right, here is where SERVICE comes in. While staying there this year, our shower was giving us issues, the hot was hot and the cold was cold. The next day, he had a plumber in our room fixing the mixer in the wall, and our shower issue was fixed. Then on another day, we found that the AC wall unit was not cooling as well. I did not care more than that because I am on vacation, could use a little heat. But again, the owner called in an AC company and had it fixed the next day. As a business guy myself, I realize that every service call he makes is eating away on his bottom line from the money he is collecting from us, but that just goes to show how far he was willing to go to make sure we were happy. THAT IS SERVICE FOLKS !!

Last comment in my review. My mother-in-law and wife's aunt, who we travel with each year, has trouble walking, and nothing makes them more happy than to sit upstairs on the balcony, in front of room 17 & 18, and watch the action below, they do this most of the day, since they rarely follow us to the beach and sometimes to the boardwalk. They wait up for us at night on that same balcony when we come back from our boardwalk stroll or arcades or rides with our son. For them, room 17 & 18 and that balcony is home away from home, to reminisce of all the times and years spent with family, and watching everyone grow up around them.

And for me personally, the part I love the most about this place, Chris' dry humor (the owner). He will tell you something funny with a straight face and make you laugh. Many people take his serious look as just that, serious, but once you get to know him, he is a hoot, worth the price of the room and then some.

These are nice people with a nice clean place folks. I would not take my family here if I did not think so. Sure, I have stayed in 5 star resorts, and I go on cruises every year, and the rooms look newer there, but when it comes to Wildwood, this place is what we call HOME !!

NEIL SAKAITIS & FAMILY
Montreal, Canada

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family

We don't know what else to say other than thank you for taking so much time out to cover everything there is to say about your stay at the Panoramic. We always enjoy hearing from our Candanian friends. You folks make this business a pleasure!!

Reviewed 24 July 2014

The Panoramic is the worst hotel I have ever stayed in my life. It's out dated and smells terribly. The A/C unit barely works and the fridge didn't work at all! I was scared to take a shower because it was dirty and had to ask for the maid to come every day I was there. They just kept saying that they were busy. The pool was dirty too. The man at the office was horrible. He was rude and arrogant any time I asked for anything. I'll never stay at this hotel ever again!

3  Thank sleepyhead64
nwmotelman, Manager at Panoramic Motel Apts, responded to this reviewResponded 25 July 2014

As you can see by our other numerous reviews, this review is totally false. It is written by someone that has not stayed here or written by someone out of spite. Either way we will be investigating the identity of the author.

Reviewed 20 July 2014

have been staying here for about 20 years. room are always clean and the management can't do enough to help make sure you have a pleasant stay.grounds and pool area are well maintained. Anytime we are in Wildwood, Panoramic would be the only place we would consider staying.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
nwmotelman, Manager at Panoramic Motel Apts, responded to this reviewResponded 22 July 2014

It's always nice hearing from such fine people concerning your vacation experience at the Panoramic. It's been our pleasure accomodating your vacation needs each year when visiting Wildwood. Knowing you wouldn't stay anywhere else makes us feel that we are doing a good job. Thanks again and we look forward to seeing you next year!!!

Reviewed 20 July 2014 via mobile

The Panoramic is the only motel we stay at when visiting Wildwood. The rooms and pool are always exceptionally clean. The staff is always on propery and available if any needs arise. The beach and boardwalk are just a short walk away without crossing any streets. I've been coming to Wildwood for 30 years and will continue to come and stay at the Panoramic with my family.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family

Thanks for taking time to write a 5 star review of the Panoramic. After 30 years it seems like you have become part of our family and motel. You are one of many guests have posted comments citing the cleanliness, upkeep, and location of the motel which is why they keep coming back. Thank you again!!

Reviewed 18 July 2014

Having stayed at this motel for the past 3 summers with my wife and son, we find it to be a "best bet" The entire staff was very friendly.Our room was very clean and the entire grounds were kept very clean. We will vacation in Wildwood again next summer and will definitely return there.I recommend this motel for anyone who has never stayed there before.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
nwmotelman, Manager at Panoramic Motel Apts, responded to this reviewResponded 20 July 2014

Hello again Mr. G and thank you for the kind words concerning the Panoramic Motel. It's people like you and your family that make this business a pleasure!!! If all our guests were like you we could leave for the summer!!! We're glad to know you have chosen the Panoramic as your vacation spot in Wildwood. Many thanks for the wonderful review!