“Owner Needs to Reinvest in the Business, Rooms Need to Be Cleaned”
Review of American Inn Motel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in North Wildwood
American Inn Motel
Ranked #5 of 41 Hotels in North Wildwood
Reviewed 29 July 2014

Been coming here for years. The upkeep hasn’t been as good after it was sold approximately ten years ago.

Pros:
Super friendly staff.
Family friendly hotel.
Great beach view.
Pool is well maintained.
Pool chairs comfortable compared to chairs at comparable places.

Cons:
They promise Wifi. The wifi worked for one day. After that, we couldn't connect. Bill at the front desk said he reported it to their cable company, but still didn't work 4 days later.
Found 2 day old Rite Aid receipt in bed sheets. Were they washed?
Wad of hair fell out bath towel.
Hairs scattered throughout bathroom.
Bath towels are old & falling apart.
Coffee maker sits on top of dusty refrigerator. Dust the fridge!
If the maid wants a tip, the envelope shouldn't be beat up, covered in stains.
Rooms need to be renovated.
They have old picture tube TVs sitting in a piece of furniture intended for clothes.
They put flat screens in the efficiency bedrooms, but they are the cheapest 13 inch TVs you can buy. It’s on the top of the wall so you can’t see it from the beds.
Toilets are the original toilets. The toilet seats are marred from years of use.
Bedspreads only 3 yrs old, but are ugly.
You can feel the springs in the mattress.
Carpet is only 3 yrs old, but is ugly.
There are holes in the walls of every room I’ve stayed in over the past few years.
The electrical wiring is old and there are extension cords everywhere.

Get the impression they buy things from hotel overstock store.
This hotel is like many of the NJ shore hotels, but it doesn’t make it right.
The owner needs to reinvest in the business.

Room Tip: If you get a room on the first floor, keep the air conditioning on to drown out the noise. Kids + m...
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank FrequentNJTraveler
motel513, Front Office Manager at American Inn Motel, responded to this reviewResponded 7 August 2014

Hello; First off we would like to thank you for the positives that you noted in your review and would like to address the negatives.
We provide free Wi-Fi for our guests but we have no control over our outside provider who was experiencing problems in our area during your stay and we are taking steps to prevent this from happening in the future. In reference to the cleanliness of your room and linens we wish you had brought your concerns to the front office so we could have addressed them promptly. We pride ourselves on our reputation for cleanliness and service. As to your opinion that the rugs and the bedspreads are ugly, is just that, your personal opinion and we do not agree but respect your right to say so. We strive to make major improvements every year and sincerely hope you will continue to patronize the American Inn.

Reviewed 28 August 2013

My name is Dina. I stayed at the American Inn with the family the week of August 5th. I normally stay closer to the Crest; however, I was unable to get a room at my "former" favorite place to stay in Wildwood. The American Inn was a clean & friendly enviornment with the perfect location to the beach and the boardwalk. I really wish I would have found this place sooner. Can't wait to go back next year!

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank Dina0318
motel513, Front Office Manager at American Inn Motel, responded to this reviewResponded 8 August 2014

Hi Dina: We are so glad that you have your "New Place". We look forward to seeing you in the coming months.

Reviewed 31 July 2013

The motel was very clean. My family stayed for 4 days and it was great! We had an ocean view on the second floor, and the walk to the beach was very short. The staff was very friendly and was always there to help you. We stayed in the efficiency room that had a stove and refridgerator, coffee maker and microwave. The also have 3 gas grills you can cook on that were always clean. The only thing I did not like....was the pool closed at 6pm :( I would stay there again.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank Shirley C
Reviewed 23 July 2013

My name is Chris...I stayed 2 nts. the staff was friendly. When I arrived the person behind the desk had my paper work out and gave me a warm friendly greeting. The whole motel was very clean. The perfect location to the beach and boardwalk! I will absolutely book next yr. for a longer stay!

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank ChrisM105721
Reviewed 4 January 2013

My name is Bonnie, my family & i have been going to the American Inn for well over 10 years & there is no place else we would rather stay. The owners & staff at the hotel are wonderful & have become like family. We always book our room for the following summer the day we depart. The hotel is always kept clean & is always being updated too. Even if it`s just with new drapes, every year they try to change something.The American Inn is also just a step away from the beach & boardwalk. If you`re looking for a very nice place to stay in Wildwood then you should try the American Inn. You won`t be sorry.

Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
8  Thank raybondaz
Reviewed 13 August 2012

The motel was very clean. Very convenient to entrance of the boardwalk and on a nice stretch of beach. The interior of the rooms could use an update... but still, the American Inn Motel in North Wildwood is a great place to stay if you want to be near the beach/boardwalk.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled with friends
5  Thank Sophie L
Reviewed 8 August 2012

The motel was clean. Very convenient to entrance of the boardwalk and on a nice stretch of beach. The grills came in handy & were kept very clean as well. The interior of the rooms could use an update - basically it is like stepping back in time. I hadn't visited the Wildwoods since I was a teenager & basically it looked how I remembered it - a very 1970's feel. However, very clean & well kept. The refrigerator is not a full size - it is smaller, but adequate. Two electric burners, no oven & a very small microwave. Disappointed that the pool closed at 6 p.m. When we were there, it was in the 90's well into the evening & would have liked a quick dip in the pool before or after dinner - but they were pretty strict with this. Also, they want cash at check in - no credit cards; however they want a copy of your credit card number. The staff was polite, but I didn't feel they went out of their way to make you feel welcome. Basically, they are running a business & you are part of that business, not necessarily a customer. Overall, our family voted that we would stay here again.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family